Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2003 3:56:49 PM EDT
Hope I don't sound naive here. I don't really know anything about RRA and have always dealt with Bushmaster.

I checked out the RRA site and their mid length handguards and UTE upper look VERY yummy. I've never seen these before. Do they make quality stuff? It all looks spot on and I've never heard anything bad about them.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought the below RRA Varmint

[img]http://users.rcn.com/bcrane1/RRA1.JPG[/img]

It's made just as well as the other top manufacturers. However, it's the tightest one that I have. My Armalite and Bushmaster aren't that tight between the upper and lower. I have no looseness on the other two, but the RRA was just real tight assembling both halves.

You won't be disappointed if you got one. I got the NM trigger, U.S. Property lower.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#2]
RRA, Bushmaster, Armalite, Colt all good and not in any order.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 8:46:01 PM EDT
[#3]
touched,

See the following thread in the AR Discussions forum as it has the info you're looking for!

[URL]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=146852[/URL]

HTH!

Drivie
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I checked out the RRA site and their mid length handguards and UTE upper look VERY yummy.
View Quote
Beware the UTE upper:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=146849[/url]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#5]
RRA is a very high quality operation these guys are probably the best out there right now.

(I know Les BAER is making Ar-15's but these aren't mil-spec (the extractor is different) and that little WOLF spring that won't stay put makes the bolt a totall B%##% to assemble.)

(BUT as far as I know they don't offer chrome lined bores- they do however offer SS BBls and these are the next best thing and offer greater accuracy more resistance to bbl heat, and lower maintenance (bore cleans with 4-5patches and the outer surfaces won't rust).
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#6]
They offer thier Entry Tactical units with Chromed lined barrels.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:59:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Believe they offer Chrome-lined M4 barrels also.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I love my RRA flat top, NM trigger, 16 inch. I think I would go with the chrome lined now, bought mine before they were available.  I had some stoppage problems with Spanish SS109 ammo, NATO stuff. about every third shell would fail to eject and would really jam in the chamber...was very difficult to extract.  Even though my Bushmaster ate it no problem, about 300-400 rounds. But it was only a problem with that ammo. Wolf, federal 55 and 62 grain, Q3131A, Lake City, winchester 45 grain, UMC...it loves all that, just not the Spanish SS109. I'm guessing that the chamber had a tighter tolerance /cut in the RRA. Or maybe it was the chrome lining in the Bushy??? Trying South African battle pack stuff as soon as i receive it, hope it works.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top