Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2003 3:30:25 AM EDT
pls. help me identify this 11.5" barrel....it is heavy profile & the front sight ower has an "F" on it...who made this barrel?  thanks

paltik
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:36:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I've seen the F on Colt's carbines . It could be a cut down.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#2]
if in case this is a 'cut down'...is it worth buying or should i get the "real"  11.5" for my licensed sbr

the price is a little attractive :->
thanks
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:08:54 AM EDT
[#3]
A real Colt can be quite expensive. I can't say for sure is colt but my two M4 barrels I had had the F I think it was a way to mark the carbine Front Sight BAse.

How much are they asking you for it. Do they know who did the work. If it is a cut down you will see it once you unscrew the flash hider. On real ones the chrome lining will extend all the way to the crown.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:57:15 AM EDT
[#4]
[url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=146632]previous thread[/url]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#5]
somebody told me that this is from j&t distributing.....is this stuff good?     or.... what about this wilson barrels?   (website??)

thanks
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#6]
notack,

The post you quoted from Troy is about the forging/casting markings. the F I have only seen it on Colt carbines, specifically flat tops, and I believe is something to do with the height of the FSB. I might be wrong. Anyone?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top