BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2003 3:58:34 PM EDT
Is there a pre ban Colt model that has:
-Raised fence
-Small front pushpin
-Small firecontrol parts

Does the 6601 have all these?
If I have to choose between either the milspec pushpin or the milspec fire control parts, which would be rated as more important?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Colt doesn't put model numbers on their rifles, so picking out a 6601 from a pile of rifles would take an expert in Colt's trivia.

These parts are important unless you want to carry proprietary spare parts.

-[s]Small[/s] [b]Standard[/b] front pushpin
-[s]Small[/s] [b]Standard[/b] firecontrol parts

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Supposedly there was, the very elusive, rarely seen white label pre ban AR15.  I've heard of them but have never seen one.  I wouldn't count on finding one, and if you did you wouldn't want to shoot it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes Virginia, the lower you are looking for DOES exist....

I have a Colt pre-ban lower with a raised mag fence, small fire control pins, a small front pivot pin, and a reinforcing ridge on the receiver extension attachment area. It does have a sear block. The only thing it does NOT have is the front push-pin detent and spring (it is not drilled for it). I could have someone drill the receiver to accept a detent and spring (Kurt's Kustom is the one I place would entrust this to) , but its not critical at this time.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#4]
A White labeled Colt R6550 Government model could have those features if made late enough, say late 1989.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree... I had an R6601 Sporter Target that had these features and it sounds just like mo4040's!

Good Luck, but for what it's worth, I don't mind the funky trigger pin size as the large pin Jewell trigger works just as good as the small pin version.  Once you have the best trigger, the option of using anything else just doesn't matter!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top