Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2002 7:23:06 AM EDT
Hi All,
I have an early '90's Blue lable 7.62x39 colt that i'd like to have refinished to match my new M4 colt upper.  Does anyone have any reccomendations on who does good work, quickly at a good price?  I'd also prefer not to have the upper refinished if at all possible, as it's unfired, and standard factory colt black (i'd rather not pay the extra $$$ for something which is brand new!).
Many thanks!
John
PS  I'd like to keep the rifle as close to factory colt spec as possible...
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 7:32:21 AM EDT
[#1]
www.fireflyarms.com
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know why you guys all care.

The Ar-15/M-16 was never meant to match. Some originals do not match (the recievers are often built at different times at different factories.)
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#3]
FWIW    I'd have the upper redone in the early Colt grey shade. First, it'll be less expensive, but more importantly, if you do the early lower and upper to the new darker shade, you're going to lose some value in the earlier piece. Twenty years from now some Colt coleector is going to say something like, "I'd really like to buy it, but it's obviously been refinished at some point, bacause the color isn't right. So I think I'll keep looking for an original."

OK, so you never plan on selling it---but how about your heirs in 30 or 40 or 50 years?

Just my opinion, tho.  Do what feels best to you [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top