Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2002 12:43:24 AM EDT
I have read some about these stocks and have become more interested in them since Quarterbore's thread about the new M4 stocks. I have looked at the pics in www.dtic.mil/ndia/2002infantry/armstrong.pdf but can not find any of the info. I had found before. Can anyone tell me who made them, why they were not adopted ect. Any info. on this stock or its variations would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 1:01:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Made only for military.  there is some ACR stock on the market that looks exactly like the stock with out the battery compartment. the price is about 4-500 dollars.

Look into the Magpul MSS stock, it will have a attachment module that will hold battery.  

Another good battery holder would be the new Battlegrip from tangodown. that is a very well design grip for your AR.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The stock you are looking for is made by NSWC Crane. I've only seen pictures of U.S. Army Delta and Naval Development Group Seals using them. Most of the pictures are from the Hamid Karzai assassination attempt. Both Delta and Devgru have provided V.I.P. protection in Afghanistan. I did see one real Crane rear stock w/battery compartment for sale on sturmgewehr.com. Asking price very high at $700.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid43/p19f0046ff92fe23455f86612125c9b74/fce744a6.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I take it they are designed to hold AA batteries for NVG and PAQ/PEQ IR lasers?
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#5]
You sure its not for airsoft?  [;)]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Absolutely sure.

Crane is not spending US tax dollers to produce airsoft TOY accessories.

(I'ld like somebody to answer a question rather than lead this guys post off into nowhere)
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#7]
CO2 ... little round plastic BB's ... where am I?

AIRSOFT HELL!!! NO LORD NO ANYTHING BUT THIS. TAKE MY NUTS BUT NOT MY GUNS!!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Crane is looking to outsource production. Be patient, someone will come up to bat and be inexpensive about it. Until then Colt enhanced buttstocks $79 shipped.

thanks
V
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 10:57:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I am being patient (but It's hard when you get as little news as we do.)

(I think the cool look and the battery compartments and rubber buttpad are worth $80-$180 to me)< I wouldn't want a Magpul modular as I don't see how I could possibly need an RAS on my stock but I could use the battery compartments and the rubber buttpad of the crane stock.

I'm not too incredibly found of the lightning/reinfocements, and ugly sling swivel in the new COLT stock.

Link Posted: 12/25/2002 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#10]
They are made to hold, via two seperate incertable tube compartments, AA bateries. They are well thought out multi-position collapsable butt stocks and the rubber butt plate is a plus. You can also put other things in besides batteries and the tubes are water tight. Very strong and being delivored to spec. folks. (These real gov't issue models have no ID makings of any type), so if someone tells you he or she has a deal on a real gov't model made by so and so co., it isn't a gov't issue.
Good Shootin, Jack  
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They are made to hold, via two seperate incertable tube compartments, AA bateries. They are well thought out multi-position collapsable butt stocks and the rubber butt plate is a plus. You can also put other things in besides batteries and the tubes are water tight. Very strong and being delivored to spec. folks. (These real gov't issue models have no ID makings of any type), so if someone tells you he or she has a deal on a real gov't model made by so and so co., it isn't a gov't issue.
Good Shootin, Jack  
View Quote

Jack:

Do you know whether these SOCOM type stocks will be out-sourced to private manufacturers anytime in the near future?

I know that a lot of folks around here (including myself) would love to get our hands on one of these for <$200.

TIA.

Corey
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good Shootin, Jack  
View Quote

Jack,
Do you know if the ID is big enough to hold the Lithium DL123A 3 volt batteries (for the SureFire gear)?
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#13]
The stocks are going to be out sourced to the [private sector via a lic. to one or more sources.
AK, I will check the lithium aspect and let you know, but from the looks of it I'd say yes, I just don't have lithium battery handy at the moment.
Good Shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#15]
How many positions? 2,3,4,6?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 12:50:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes, they will take the lithium batteries for your SureFire products. Mine has three lithiums in one side andd two AA's in the other. Wes is absolutely correct. You won't believe the difference they make. They fit on the Colt 4 position tube.

Lynn
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:14:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How many positions? 2,3,4,6?
View Quote

I believe 7.
Though I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:59:18 AM EDT
[#18]
There is one listed at subguns.com right now for $685.00
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top