Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2002 11:08:07 AM EDT
Is there an advantage to buying a complete rifle over a upper and lower separately and putting them togeather yourself. I found a lower for $210 and a complete varmint upper for $479. that is $689. I also asked about a complete rifle. He came back with $849. Can someone explain this to me. I am looking at Rock River Arms components. What do I get for the extra $160.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#1]
It is called the Federal Excise Tax. All complete rifles have it added in. When you buy the upper and lower seperate, it is not added to the total price.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Not much of an advantage provided that you bought complete components, such as the upper and the lower. If you have a hodgepodge of frankenstein parts you might have trouble with a warranty (colt trigger group, RR reviever, Bushy bolt, Parts kit upper). Since you are buying all Rock River components you should have no trouble getting warranty work in case of a defect.

Save some money and part it together. It makes no sense to pay extra just to stick the upper to the lower.

Good Shooting
Red
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Just interested, where are you getting this lower? And is that price with the 2 stage trigger?
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#4]
From what I've found, It's actually cheaper to buy complete RRA lowers that get a stripped lower, quality parts kit, buffer, tube, spring, and stock. As for uppers, I usually buy quality used uppers reasonably priced. After all after the 1st time out at the range, it's used any how. Just my $0.02
R2K
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 3:31:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Hamel, go to www.adcofireamrs.com and clik on the RRA rifle. The $210 is for the standard trigger. Thanks for the answers. Now I only need to get some money saved.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:05:44 AM EDT
[#6]
[url]http://www.adcofirearms.com/ar.cfm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:12:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Build it yourself..from components..
Lots of help and advise around here..
There is no better way to know your weapon than to build it..
Its easy and fun..
Stick with RRA good deal on quality parts
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top