Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2002 11:35:13 AM EDT
I've got the Bushmaster V-Brake on a 16" M4 profile barrel. Its loud as all hell. Beside's having no brake at all, who makes quieter brakes? My friend's ears are still ringing 2 days later. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 11:52:40 AM EDT
[#1]
There's really no such thing as a quiet brake. But yeah, you have a particularly loud one.

I have found that [url]www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com[/url] has the best brakes. They're not perceivably as loud as the AK and Y-comp brakes but are just as effective. Kurt is also a site supporter and you can find him in the Industry forum. Top notch brakes and workmanship at a more than fair price.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The Wilson and Cav Arms brakes are about the same noise levels as an A2 FS. MUCH quieter than a Y Comp or AK brake.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 2:33:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the CAV Comp from Cavalry Arms and an A3 Tac brake from Kurt's Kustom.  Both are much quieter than my factory Armalite muzzle brake and look better as well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate muzzle brakes, damn things are too noisy, makes me grab my preban everytime.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 5:34:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Need a quieter Muzzle Brake.....Suggestions?
View Quote

For God sakes wear hearing protection!!!
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 5:59:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I do of course, but getting hit in the face by the blast is no fun and neither is the noise for other shooters on the line. Thanks. [bounce]
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 8:26:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I have Levang linear comps on two rifles. Not much braking but major noise reduction. Much quieter than my Armalite. I consider the trade off to quiet things down well worth it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

[red][size=5]WHAT DID YOU SAY?[/size=5][/red]

Ed
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I have two A1 brakes left - they work pretty good for control and noise. It really depends on what you are looking for. These fit on a standard threaded barrel so you can use a preban with the lug dremmeled off or a threaded postban and get that look and performance you need.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=144957&w=searchPop
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/pd0706ddec80e557fa615767e801172d1/fd18431a.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a postban 16" barrel with the Y-comp on it. Can that be taken off and something else put on? I forgot to ask.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I was at the indoor range shooting when I noticed the guy next to me also had an AR. When he started shooting it was loud as he__. I came around the partition to see what ammo he just using, and he said just Wally World stuff (the same thing I was shooting). Then a noticed that Bushmaster comp brake on that end of his barrel. I stood behind him when he shot a few rounds rapidly. That thing blew sh__ all over both of us. No wonder he was wearing goggles. I think I like my post-ban without a brake much better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top