Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2002 6:31:41 PM EDT
I've thought about rigging up my V-match carbine. I think at some point I want a GI type upper for use on the same lower (to learn iron sight shooting). What do I do with my V-match?

Well, I'm not spending hundreds of dollars on match grade Black Hills ammo. I don't reload, so I think I'm stuck with Win USA Q3131A 55 grain. My V-match carbine (16" barrel) has a 1x9" twist, so I think this works out fairly well for this round. I get good accuracy with it.

Anyway, I was thinking of doing the following:

1. Leupold 4.5-14x scope (my eyesight sucks big time) with M1 turrets installed by Premier Reticles. What reticle type and rings should I use???

2. Rock River Arms two-stage trigger

3. Bipod: Open for suggestions. I may not use one at first.

4. Fore-end. I hate the aluminum one on there now. I would like that PRI one, but it sure is expensive. Hehehe. An ARMS 45 S.I.R. would be pretty bad ass though.

I already have an ARMS 40 and front flip-up sight. How someone could use that beyond 50 yards perplexes me.....especially with the lack of elevation adjustment.

themao

Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 2:14:00 AM EDT
[#1]
A poor man you said! Youre talking $$$ there for a budget.

V Match are really nice, have tried adding ( if needed ) a couple of rails.

The trigger will be a great improvement.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A poor man you said! Youre talking $$$ there for a budget.
View Quote

Yeah well, a richer set up would be to go all out with a new upper + stainless steel barrel + muzzle brake. Then I'd have to get a preban receiver for the threaded muzzle. Then I would get a REAL scope, like NightForce or US Optics for the ultimate Towelhead/Squirrel plinker.

Hell, at that rate, I might as well shell out $3000 for a custom rifle.

themao [chainsawkill]

Got ice picks?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top