Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2002 2:34:05 PM EDT
What are you using to paint the "fire,safe,numbers on flattop,bm symbols and etc." I seen red,yellow, and white ones done. What are you using? How easy is it with out messing up?
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 3:11:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Use crayons, seriously!
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Porcelain paint.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 10:41:56 AM EDT
[#3]
For white, or off white numbers, I use refrigerator touch up paint.  Comes in a small bottle, with an applicator brush.  Paint the lettered area fully, let it dry, then clean the overage off with a rag soaked in lacquer thinner. Works for me!  [:D]

By the way, when I did this to my Bushie, the emblem and lettering came out very unattractive looking.  It's cut too deep or too wide, or something (???) Anyway I cleaned it off by scrubbing w/a lacquer thinner soaked toothbrush, and it's my only AR without white markings and lettering. Only mention this so you won't be surprised if you don't like what you get w/your Bushie. My Colt and Rock River units look just fine w/the stuff.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#4]
thin paint brush and testers model paint.  Use a paper towel with clp on it to take of excess.  just a dab of clp then wipe over the letters works great.  Used this to do the safe and fire on my rifle.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 11:11:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks mostly wanted to do safe,fire and the numbers on varminter flattop. Do my BM m4 too.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Won't Gunscrubber eat off the model paint?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top