Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2002 7:08:37 PM EDT
I know who SGW is but who is Palmetto Armory? Did they make good Rifles or crap? I bought a whole rifle with one of the first 300 made lowers cut from bar stock aluminun in 1979 it had all colt parts on it for $699 what a deal! Now it is a M4 with 16" HBAR barrel and 6 pos stock ,colt m4 handguards ,phatom flashider and flat top with carry handle I like it a lot. what config do Palmetto Armory make there rifles in ? Thanks for looking
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 12:59:52 AM EDT
[#1]
SGW made the lowers for palmetto, and they were machined from billet.  SGW is now known as Olympic Arms, and were the first commercial manufacturers of non-colt AR-15 type clones in the late 70's.

Palmetto had the lowers made by SGW under contract and finished/assembled the rifles with contract spares parts.  Excellent quality on the lower, and with all colt parts used in the build, you've got a fine rifle there.

Only Palmettos I've seen in person were 16" shorty configs with telestocks and a 16" 1/12 lightweight barrel.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#2]
THANK YOU MY CAME WITH A COLT 20" PENCIL BARREL SLICK SIDE THANKS FOR YOU HELP I WISH I COULD POST A PIC BUT DO NOT HAVE A CAM FOR COMPUTER
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#3]
You got a great deal for a great rifle.

Max
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#4]
what town was PALMETTO ARMORY IN AND HOW LONG THEY MAKE RIFLES. DID THEY MAKE M16'S OR JUST AR15'S DID THEY MAKE OTHER GUN TO. THAT IS WHAT I WAS WANTING TO KNOW. WHY IS THERE A CHUNCK OF METAL BY S F SWITCH CAN I HAVE IT REMOVED ON OUT SIDE OF LOWER REC. IN SIDES HAVE A SEAR BLOCK SO WHAT IS CHUNK ON OUTSIDE  FOR.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm curious as to how the machined lowers compare in durability and fit to the forged or cast lowers.  Anyone care to chime in?

TIA!
-DE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top