Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2002 5:42:00 PM EDT
Hmmm...my journey to a simple AR isn't so simple. LOL.  Well, as some of you know I've decided to go back to basics regarding my upper set ups.  I've decided to keep my PRI front fip up sights, though.  And since I don't have a rail system anymore to mount a QD swivel mount on the fore end, how the heck am I gonna use a sling?  So much for the $40+ Giles Tac sling I have when I originally bought the rifle.

So, I was now considering a single point sling for my rifle.  Anyone have any input on the Wilderness single point slings?  I have an A1 buttstock on my lowers, so the increase in length shouldn't be a big concern.  

Are these single point slings any good?
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Urban,
I also prefer the A1 stock and have mounted the single point adaptor plate to two of mine. The adaptor plate marketed by Wilderness is actually made for them by GG&G. Fit and finish are excellent (and should be considering the price).  The plate itself will add about an 1/8th of an inch to your total stock length,which will likely go unnoticed.
The Gile single-point sling is made from the same materials as their 3-point slings. After comparing the two, I realized that the 3-point sling can also be easily used as a single-point sling. You can probably save some $$$ by converting your current sling.
Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the GGG Single Point sling adapter plate. Works like a champ. I also use CQB Solutions HST single point slings. Botach has them on sale for $17.95.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive got the Wilderness single point sling and GG&G plate on my Carbine.  I love it.

Call Wilderness up and tell them the set up you have.  They have great customer service and are willing to modify their products to fit your gun.  See if can send them your old sling and have it modified to work.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Urban,
I also prefer the A1 stock and have mounted the single point adaptor plate to two of mine. The adaptor plate marketed by Wilderness is actually made for them by GG&G. Fit and finish are excellent (and should be considering the price).  The plate itself will add about an 1/8th of an inch to your total stock length,which will likely go unnoticed.
The Gile single-point sling is made from the same materials as their 3-point slings. After comparing the two, I realized that the 3-point sling can also be easily used as a single-point sling. You can probably save some $$$ by converting your current sling.
Hope this helps.

Yeah, I see what you mean about the 3-point sling I have. Hmmm.  I would need to cut ouf off the part that would usually go around the front of the handguard and in the front sling loop...then add a fastex buckle, I guess.  I sure wish I had a pick of thier single point sling up close so I could visualize this.

Hey, the GGG plate for fixed buttstocks are only for $37.50?  Aren't the ones from the Wilderness more expensive?

Thanks M-Forgery and Greenline for the information.
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 9:38:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Glad to help Urban,
Yeah, you will need to cut the portion that wraps around the handguards and cotterize the cut with a lighter or a match to make sure the sling doesn't fray.  Notice on your 3-point sling how there is a tri-glide buckle that serves as a stop (or 3rd point) for the sling. This buckle is all you need to convert to a single point arrangement.  Simply run the sling through the single point adaptor,through the sliding "O"-buckle that will be at the opposite end from the end where you made the cut, then thread the sling through the tri-glide buckle and you are good to go.
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I switching to single-point on my M4gery, too.
I'm going with the Knight's mount:
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#8]
MSTN--

You're selling the same GG&G single point plate for $27.50?  That's ten bucks cheaper than GG&G and the Wilderness!

Link Posted: 11/18/2002 8:20:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top