Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2002 10:20:41 PM EDT
How's the muzzle flash on a 16 or 20 inch barrel with no flash suppressor?  
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 5:19:23 AM EDT
[#1]
At least a 3 foot flame!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#2]
From my own experience, it depends on the ammo.  I've found that USGI surplus and most commercial ammo doesn't produce as much flash as you'd expect from a 16 inch barrel.  The brightest flash I've ever had was from Guatemalan surplus ammo from JG Sales.  This was truly the "three foot flame!"  After shooting a rapid string of 30 of these, you notice that the range is very quiet and everyone is staring at you....
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, guys.  I'm looking into an AR15, post ban, but can't decide on 16 or 20 inch barrel.  Would a flash suppressor really make that much of a difference?  In other words, what am I losing by going post ban?
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 7:29:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top