Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2002 12:02:15 PM EDT
What I am looking for is something similar to the RRA "Tactical Entry Upper", post ban, but maybe at a lower price tag than $565 plus shipping.

I see that J&T has M4 type uppers, but theirs comes without a site, and they lie about their prices.  You see the M4 or any other type upper for an advertized price, but then when you add it to your basket, they add $50 because it is post ban?   WTF?  If anything, the pre-ban is the one that is getting more rare, and would demand a premium...

And the J&T does not come with the rear site if you order the flat top model, as it comes with the RRA model.

Is this moot?  Is the RRA one I mentioned about the best I can get?  Are there even any other options worth considering?

By the time I am done with shipping, I am looking at $600 or so, and I think that is a bit high for just part of a rifle...

Or should I consider a flat top bull barrel upper?  I already gave a 16" carbine A1 upper, so I guess that getting an M4 type is really not gonna be all that different...

So looking for a cheap but decent 16"-20" flat top bull barrel varmint type, what are my best choices?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 12:11:26 PM EDT
[#1]
try www.sableco.com

chrome LINED m4 upper WITH detachable tact handle for under 600
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#2]
RRA is about the best quality for the price it is asking for.  for what you are looking ofr, I would just get a flat top upper for your 16inch A1 upper. get some BUIS and an optic of it.  then you can go with a 16 or 20 inch bull barrel upper from RRA, at about 550 dollars, it is got to be one of the best deal on themarket.  also i would suggest looking around at the Olympic web site, they also make some decent uppers that might sutie your needs.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Consider $565.00 shipped a Deal... A colt will cost you around $900.00 complete sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:19:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, it looks like I am going 1 of 2 ways.

I will either order the 20" RRR Varmint EOP upper.

Or...

I will order this upper for $699 and just wait till my next paycheck...

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/ar/tpr-15.asp

What do you guys think?  Is the Wilson worth the extra $180?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top