Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2002 8:58:37 PM EDT
I'm thinking of making a 16" SPR out of my BM pre-ban Dissapator.  Does anyone have any pics of a 16" SPR?  Also, Im looking for any hints or opinions to get the rifle set-up right.  Thanks, Jim
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Jeh,

Check out some of the post by Wes@ MSTN, he has some really nice upper configuration.  Also Quarterbore has a web sight full of KAC handguards and complete rifle.

Dissy has notches cut right at the front of the muzzle for the front sight post, it would hard to disguise that if you go to a SPR style setup.  

All SPR so far are in the 18 inch range.

Check this post by MSTN, you will see a lot of different set up.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=140323

This is Quarterbore's excellent site,
www.quarterbore.com/kac/kacffras.html
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 1:56:48 AM EDT
[#2]
This one of MSTN's 16" gems...

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 4:11:28 AM EDT
[#3]
It will depend on which version of the PRI tube you get. I got a Gen II and Dave at PRI put it on for me. He had to drill two small holes in it for the taper pins on the actual gas block.
According to Dave the GEN III is much better suited for the BM Dissipator system. If you get an A-2 barrel then have Kurt from KKF do his Dissipator style conversion, it might be a even better.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#4]
link to one that KKF is building up for me Kustom like - the pic is not of the finished product, and I have an ARMS#38S-EX for use as the top rail:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=44&t=138395

Another that Kurt built up for another member hope the final product turns out this nice for mine:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=44&t=138070
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
link to one that KKF is building up for me Kustom like - the pic is not of the finished product, and I have an ARMS#38S-EX for use as the top rail:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=44&t=138395

Another that Kurt built up for another member hope the final product turns out this nice for mine:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=44&t=138070

Link Posted: 10/28/2002 4:05:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I gots a picture, but can't post.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top