Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2002 5:55:04 PM EDT
I read some where on here about someone who can do mods to Armalite free float tubes, Like venting and adding attachment rails.
Can anyone steer me to that fellow?
I have never tried to remove the tube, is this possible with out removing the barrel nut, can rails be added easily or should it be left up to the pros?
chuck
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 8:47:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Which kind of Armalite FF tube?  The DCM style or the fiberglass style?
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry guess I should have been more specific.
I have an Armalite Fiberglass free float tube. Green. I special ordered this upper from Armalite, It is basically a M15T upper preban, but has their fine 20" CMP barrel instead of the 24". Im looking to add a rail to bottom near reciver for vertical grip, one up front bottom for bipod type and one on left side about midway up tube for white light. Possibly some vent holes? kind of a poor mans PRI tube.
chuck
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I want to buy an Armalite Fiberglass free float tube and an Armalite gas block.  Who sells these at a discount?

Link Posted: 10/17/2002 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I bet Kurt could mill it out for you...

As far as mounting rail on it,  that should be easy enough after you buy the appropriate rails and unscrew the FF tube.  Just drill some holes and bolt em up.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Ive never done that before, does the tube unscrew from the black piece without loosening the barrel nut or is it all one piece?

I went directly to Armalite, they are very nice to work with and will tak care of you.
chuck
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a guy who is said to have done modifications to Armalite tubes for various military applications.  I am looking through my emails to see if I still have his contact information, which I will post here if I can find it.

In addition to rails for mounting a light or vertical foregrip, the modifications often include a slot for the front sight tower that will allow a full length tube to be mounted on a carbine length barrel with a portion of the tube ahead of the front sight tower - similar to the KAS MRE RAS.

I have a picture of one.  Post your email in this thread and I will send it to you.

JAW
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey, JAW, shoot those over to me too. [email protected] or if it is too big for hotmail, send to [email protected]. Bandwidth is no issue :)

'Preciate it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 6:19:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Please Post pic in this thread as many others would like to see.
Thanks

Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top