Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2002 1:59:30 PM EDT
i saw it on the rock river arms web page what does it mean,thanks,keith
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#1]
rock river really needs to explain this on their website.

i know it can chamber 223 match type stuff, but what happens when you put 5.56 milsurp in it? not that you'd really wanna.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 3:20:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i saw it on the rock river arms web page what does it mean,thanks,keith

This is a chamber reamer that was designed by Bill Wylde of Illinois. It was designed in anticipation of the US Army coming out with national match ammo in .223. This never happened. It has the same body dimensions of the 5.56 NATO chamber but with a shorter throat. If you seated a Sierra 80 grain bullet it would touch the lands at or about 2.550" OAL with the NATO chamber and 2.465" or so OAL with the Wylde. A lot of us highpower shooters are using or going to this chamber as it is accurate and ensures excellent functioning in AR gas guns with a wide range of ammo availability. Basically it allows your bullets to have less jump required to engage the rifling than the standard NATO chamber.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#3]
rebel_rifle

Thankyou for the info,  I think that is the clearest way I have heard it explained.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 9:07:54 PM EDT
[#4]
but is it safe to fire 5.56 through it? ive heard it can be dangerous
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:04:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the help i got it now,keith
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top