Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2002 9:19:33 AM EDT
I am a GI issued an M-4A1 carbine. Before this last exercise, I went to draw my weapon from the arms room and the armorer gives me the new buttstock for the M4. Just the plastic piece. Came sealed up in the standard clear plastic and white label. Slid the old one off and the new one on. Perfect fit on my buffer tube. Its  a little longer then the old one. The bottom sling attachment point poked me allot while carrying it at the ready, so I removed it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Does the stock have any noticable markings characteristic of a Colt part? Like those on the original M4 stocks?
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#2]
The New Colt M4 enhanced stock does not have the usual Colt 1 or N markings. They are similiar too but of better quality and manufacture than the RRA/Bushmaster Copy. Easist way to tell is by the fiberlite material used and the 90 degree angle in front of the release lever.   Of the 35+ I've received, all were in White label marked Colt bags. They come from Colt as either a complete stock with buffer tube, spring and H buffer or as a replacement part(stock only) for the Older style Colt stock.

All new Colt M4A1s from the factory have the new stock in place. Colt was using up it's supply of the Older M4 stock on LE guns, but for the most part LE guns now come with the M4 enhanced stock. I'll try and find my current TM manual with the NSN# for the replacement stock.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#4]
The RRA 6-pos stock is a cheaper modification of the $400.00+ Colt ACR stock.

ALL the new longer 6-Pos stocks trace their roots to the Colt ACR stock.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I am not so sure that the Colt is a copy of the RRA stock. Mine was dated 1/2001 on the bag; Also the new style has been listed and pictured in the GI overhaul manual that is a couple of years old.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 2:27:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Are replacement stocks available (without buffer tube, etc.) for those of us that own the Colt M4 telestock?  Is so, what is the price and where can I get one?

That would seem like a decent upgrade if it was under $100 or so.  But I'm not crazy about spending $180 on the whole kit when I have 90% of the parts already.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 4:03:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I removed my new M4 stock and went back to the original version.  The extra length and bulk gets in my way.  Sure I can close the stock 1 click, but that takes too much time.

I really prefer a two position stock:  closed and open.  KISS principle.

Commercial stocks have a wide variation in the lower receiver extension and you may need a complete set rather than just the sliding part.

-- Chuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top