Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2002 1:49:09 PM EDT
Are they 18" plus the Ops brake?

Or do they measure 18" OAL with the Ops brake installed?

Does the Ops brake need a peel washer for proper indexing?
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is a SPR with a twist, a carbine version with hidden gas block and for now a one of kind P.R.I. freefloat tube.
www.hunting-pictures.com/members/c-rum/AR15-1.jpg

Jeff
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
OK, OK, IT'S ABOUT (NOT EXACTLY) 18" MINUS MUZZLE BRAKE

Thanks WES. You build some very handsom uppers, but I'm going for more of a do it yourself poor mans version.

Link Posted: 9/30/2002 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
and for now a one of kind P.R.I. freefloat tube.
Jeff

That is the 3rd gen PRI tube. Wes at MSTN has them fro sale.

The 4th Gen is under development for the Army.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a PRI carbine length tube but it has the old/original  style barrel nut used for mounting. I wish they would sell the carbine tube like Jeff's with the newer style barrel nut.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I stated one of a kind, because the tube is not a carbine length or full length.
Note that the gas block is hidden.
The tube is a mid length and according to Dave a P.R.I., the only one that they have made like it. It is a 3rd Gen available from several dealers myself included.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top