Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2002 5:30:11 PM EDT
Hello everyone! I just discovered ARES today. They manufacture a system called Shrike 5.56. It turns your AR carbine into a belt fed weapon. According to limited reviews of this weapons, it is much lighter than the M249 SAW. I have not seen or heard of this weapon being in the hands of our troops. I think this would be a good replacement for the M249. All you have to do is replace your upper receiver.

I also read on their website that this is available to civilians. I'm going to have to inquire some more about this. Does anyone have anymore information about this fascinating weapon?
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 5:47:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Run a search, you ould find plenty of info.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#2]
And plenty of time to go over them.....until AT LEAST March 2003 for you to decide.

I ordered my and keeping my fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Sandman, give you a quick run down.

Shrike, belt fed using M249 SAW links,
Quick change barrel vis via the Stoner 63 style,
Upper only so it is just a part, no paper work necessary,
It will come in pre-ban, post ban, AR15 or M16 options.  there is also a open bolt option,
Magazine well blet box adapter, different length barrel, modular handguards, and optic mounts are some of the options that will be offered afte the pre-sale.

Shrike was developed by ARES about two to three years ago.  at that time Mr.Herring asked for no deposite for your name on his list.  but he also did not give a delivery date.  two years later Mr. Herring begin to ask for deposit for the serious buyers.  1000 down with a 25% refund charge, no credit card only cash or check.  promise delivery by March of 2003.  all deposit has to be in by end of August, then delay to Sept 7th. as of now, no deposit is being taken, and if you are looking for one, you will have to wait until next year when he finsih delivering the pre-order Shrike. tha is there is no production delay.

I am one of those that send in a deposit and got a confirmation letter from ARES to confirm I am officially on the waiting list.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 7:21:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I wrote a quick heads-up piece a couple of months ago about the Shrike 5.56 becoming available for sale: www.defensereview.com/article.php?sid=228&mode=thread&order=0.  Does anyone know when the first ones off the conveyer belt, so to speak, will be ready?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top