Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2002 4:54:41 AM EDT
Hello everyone,

I'm a new member of this board. Just wanted to tell you few things about myself. I live in Finland and in case you don't know where it is, it's in Europe, between Sweden and Russia. I own a Bushmaster LE M4A1 rifle but I'm planning to get the standard military issue M-16 rifle as well. That's one great thing about Finland, you can get all the pre-ban & law enforcement models, sound suppressors, hi-cap magazines etc. but the downside is that It's friggin' cold in here :) I'm pretty sure that I'll meet some real AR-15 experts here.

Regards,
Petri
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 5:31:14 AM EDT
[#1]
WELCOME ABOARD!

Now guys dont scare this one off with the zombie killer bullets, bigfoot hunting stories, talk of the shit hitting the fan or TEOTWAWKI talk ok?
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 7:49:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I see you are TheFlyingFinn.

Mika Hakkinen wanna be?
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 7:54:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Howdy...!
So do you know Heikki Mikkola?
(aka the original Flying Finn)
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome Petri,

I've spent some time in Helsinki and other places...

amuroray - could be Kimi Raikkonen now...

Kippis!  ('Cheers' - I think)
Erick

Link Posted: 9/24/2002 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone seen an ar upper in 300 whisper ?
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 2:26:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys,

Nice to be here:) I'm not a big fan of Kimi Raikkonen nor I'm a big fan of Formula one. The alias "the flying Finn" just crossed my mind when I looked at the painting on the wall...the flying dutch:) Anyway I bet there are some serious AR-15 experts among you...and be prepared I'll have plenty of questions to ask :)

What comes to other Finnish guys here, I'm pretty sure that they are good lads as well. The thing is with Finland that no one imports the AR-15 rifles, so if you own one it's either old one or bought from US recently. Luckily Finland doesn't have this assault weapons ban, so you can get pretty much what you want as long as it's semi-automatic.

thanks for welcoming me

Cheers,
Petri
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome aboard!! Know of any places a yank can get some work and a nice place to rent up there in Finland??
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 12:20:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Sure;) Actually one friend of mine, just moved here from Santa Barbara, CA. He was quite thrilled about the Finnish gun legislation. We have quite a few Americans here, mainly working for Nokia and other IT companies. I couldn't move to US though, I just love my silencers and law enforcement/pre-ban stuff too much :)

Kippis!
Petri
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Welcome Petri!  You are right about a lot of smart folks on this site!!  I've owned, reloaded ammo and shot AR-15's since 1972, but I've learned more here than the previous twenty-odd years.  That's especially true when it comes to accuracy questions and CQB set ups.  Also, check out the ammo FAQ's sometime for a treat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top