Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2002 4:05:12 PM EDT
This is a Pre-Ban, Eagle Arms "Action Master".

The Flattop is apparently NOT milspec, because when I try to mount USO Posi-shift, and other GI products on it, it's loose.  Shaky, actualy.

What do I need to do, so that I may mount some of these items?
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#1]
...would a GG&G F.I.R.E. rail do it?
Or an ARMS #38?
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#2]
My guess is that no, it wont work. The GG&G and ARMS rails both use and are made to mount on mil-spec 1913 rails. If other mil-spec mounts are not fitting on your flat top, I dount the sleeves you mention will either.

Only solution I can think of is getting a new flat top upper. If it is an Eagle, I would try to contact Armalite/Eagle and see if they will do it for you. You might have to put out the money for the upper, but they may do all the work for free.

If they dont, if you buy a new flat top from Bushmaster, I think they will swap them out and reassemble you upper for free.

Just some suggestions.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#3]
My GG&G Offset mount fits fine.

Throw lever mounts are loose.

US Optics Posi-Shift is loose.

I don't want to get a new upper, because it's a match rifle.  The fit between the upper and lower is super TIGHT.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I think that the Arms #38 sleeve would be the best bet to convert to the real milspec, then the throw levers would also work.
Good Shootin, Jack
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top