Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2002 12:10:08 PM EDT
Hello.

I've been thinking about getting a new upper for one of my ARs. I decided that I would like 20" because it will have longer effective range than my 14.5"s. So I set out to buy one, but I'm worried what happens if and IF (hopefully)A.W ban goes out of window after 9/13/2004. I know Bushmaster post-ban barrels have bare muzzle, and I wondering if I could install A2 bird cage flash suppressor without damaging the barrel.

I'm asking this because I really hate that bare muzzle... if you guys tell me that it is not possible to install flash suppressor on bare muzzle, I'm just going to put Kurts Tac Brake and forget about it.

I've heard that Armalite do this with their barrels, and it seems Bushy does this with their 14.5" / mini-Y comps too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You can always have the plain barrel threaded and a flash suppersor installed if and when it becomes legal to do so.  If you'd rather not wait, then get one of the fine look-a-like brakes on the market.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 3:26:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for your reply.

Excuse my ignorance, but doesn't threading a bare muzzle result in a little bit shorter barrel? (I thought they milled off original threads instead of NOT doing it in the first place?)
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate your input. Guess I will be buying Bushy 20" upper soon

They skip the threading entirely...so that section of bare muzzle that has slightly thinner diameter (the tip of barrel) is actually a threading point for original AR15s right? Wow thats great mine is not permanentely Post-Ban!

Yes I was going to send the HBAR upper to Kurt too because it seems there are no company selling 20" post-ban in gov. a2 config at this moment. I don't have much muscle and benchrest stuff either, so I WILL appreciate the A2 config.

Thanks Troy

[EDITED FOR GRAMMAR...]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top