Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2002 3:54:50 AM EDT
Just a heads up to those of you looking for an A1 upper without the brass deflector, Brownells isn't it.  From the description and the picture it is, but it's not.  The one I got yesterday has the deflector just like everyone else.  Oh well, gotta keep shopping the boards I guess.
www.brownells.com/Product/productDetail.asp?ProductID=231000040
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Beowolf is right; I had a suspicion about these uppers and contacted Brownell's...yes, the photo in the catalog is WRONG! The uppers they sell are the C-7 type...
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 3:13:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I contacted Brownells to return the upper and it seems they thought they were selling the one without the shell deflector.  They are talking to the manufacturer now and I am supposed to be getting a call today.  I'll let you all know the results.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 3:26:55 AM EDT
[#3]
That's wierd.  Don't they look at the stuff they sell?  Oh well. Anyhow, please do let us know what you find out . There are definitely a fair number of us out there who'd like to get ahold of a "real" A1 type upper.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 4:18:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Beowulf:  What kind of handguards does the Brownells upper have?  I am looking for an upper with A1 sites, forward assist, brass deflector, and Triangle handguards.  Could this be what I am looking for?

Thank you!

Brad
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 7:24:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Brad,
This is just a stripped upper receiver, not the entire upper assembly.  That said, I don't think this is for you as this one was supposed to NOT include the brass deflector.

Steve
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That's weird.  Don't they look at the stuff they sell?...

Aparrently not!  Not so long ago I ordered a stripped Colt M4 flattop upper.  They told me that it was black.  What I received was a grey lower.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top