Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2002 11:11:21 AM EDT
Does anyone know a place in Iowa that sells AR-15 rifles?  If you know of a spot preferably around the Cedar Rapids area, or possibly the Des Moines area, could you please let me know.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Gunshows are typically the best place to find AR's in Iowa.  Most but not all of the gun shops will usually have them.  Ammo Bearer in Iowa City generally does.  JLM in Urbandale and Jacobson's in Story City typically will.  Not hard to find, except at Scheels.

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the response.  I'm in Ames right now, so I will have to check out Story City.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah JLM has them in stock, as does Jim's Gun and pawn on 14th.  Outside of Des Moines, Gabe's in Williamsburg usually has several in stock, as would broadway guns in Waterloo.  Also In Oskaloosa, Swim's has 2-3 and Fosters in Ottumwa has 1-2 on the shelf.  Of all these Gabe's and maybe Broadway would have the best prices.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 6:12:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a brand new Armalite/Eagle Arms I just aquired as a gift.  It is a 20 inch chrome lined hbar.  It has the factory recoil check/muzzle brake installed on the barrel.  Sweet gun but I have 2 AR's already.  I am located just East of Des Moines if you are interested.  Drop me an email and we can talk.  [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 6:23:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Cyclone,

Fin and Feather in Cedar Rapids on Center Point RD gets AR15s in on trade some times.

Your best bet is Tyler Guns at Indian Creek Mall on 1st Ave.  They have plenty of AR15s.  Tyler Guns always have a booth at the gun show at Hawkeye Downs too.

"TRADE SHOW                                                             PRODUCTIONS

Present
                                                     GUN SHOWS
                                                   SEPT. 13-15, 2002                                                            CEDAR RAPIDS, IA                                                             HAWKEYE DOWNS
                                                               Hours:                                                         Fri. 5-9, Sat. 9-5, Sun. 9-3                                                           Fri. $4, Sat.-Sun. $5                                                         Children under 12 - $1
                                                         www.gunshowtsp.com                                                            1-877-623-9364"

Shok
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I second Broadway Guns in Waterloo. Gary usually has a great selection and by far some of the best prices that I have seen. You'll have to contact him by phone and set up an appointment to get one though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top