Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2002 12:16:45 PM EDT

Ok, I know that bayonets are kind of out dated, but i would like to be able to put one on my M4.  

I also want to keep the closest to original look.  I think the 16"+FH upper is pinochio-looking.  

What are some options for a permanently attached flash hider that will accept/fit a bayonet and provide 16" overall lenghth when combined w/ a 14.5" barrel?  How's the Phantom?  Does Bushmaster offer a 1 1/2" A2 FH???  Am I looking at needing aftermarket gunsmithing done?

Thanks

Link Posted: 8/28/2002 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a colt 14.5 upper, they seem to be going for around 6-700 and had the phantom added.  Of course there are others out there but most seem to be in short supply.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Bayonets were banned for a very good reason, ever notice that you don't read about drive by bayonetings any more?
Jack
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 5:49:28 AM EDT
[#3]
The reason the M4 has a 14.5" bbl is to fit the standard bayonet, the M4 and M16 barrels are the same length forward of the front sight.

Bayonet will, therefore, only fit 20" or 14.5" bbls, take your choice.  Both the Vortex and Phantom supressors bring a 14.5" bbl out to NFA-required 16" if they're welded on.

-- Chuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top