Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2002 7:55:47 PM EDT
I just bought a Colt MT 6601 HBAR. I noticed two small dimples/marks about 1/16 in. in front of the roll-pin that holds the bolt release lever. They look like they were put there accidently during factory assembly by a punch or maybe a tool that pushes the roll-pin in from the factory. They were done before the parkerizing.

Has anybody seen these on there Colt Match Target? I asked the Colt service department about this, and they said to send it in for inspection. But, if others have the same marks then I'll just have to live with it.

Thanks for any answers.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 6:23:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Think there are some marks, will look tonight.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 6:35:48 AM EDT
[#3]
There is one indention, between the rear site and the brass deflector.  Appears to be a defect in the mold.

Also, 2 proof marks foward (toward muzzle) of the ejection port.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 6:43:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Not one on my Target Match Competition... but now that I look close, it looks like the pin the bolt release pivots on is backing out a little bit. It is sticking out about 1mm on the trigger side. I guess I will knock it back in :(

Just got off the phone with Colt. They told me not to punch it in myself (don't know why) and to send it in... turn around is 30 day! I might just punch it anyway, 30 days is a long time to me.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 7:06:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the answers guys. I was beginning to wounder if anybody out there owned Colts anymore. I'll bet if I said Bushmaster instead of Colt I would have hundreds of replies by now :)

I think I'll send it back to Colt for inspection. They said if it was dimples/marks left by a tool during assembly they might give me a new lower receiver. I would hope so, since I haven't even fired it yet and the premium price Colt charges.

Hey, something that both suprised and angered me about Colt's Match Target HBAR - they don't crome line the barrel or chamber anymore, bummer :(
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top