Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2002 3:32:13 PM EDT
Guys, I purchased a Bushmaster E2S VMatch 20" today.  Vendor said std "high" (3/8in) rings were needed to mount a scope to the flat top.  I bought a nice set of 3/8s, but they're not tallenough.  Anyone know what I really need?  TIA,  ZT
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 7:14:20 AM EDT
[#1]
you may want to try the ARMS throw lever mounts....they come for 30mm so you may have to buy their inserts to get them down to 1 inch scope.....i've got one of the Armalite clones which is pictured and really don't like it too much since it is so damn high over the bore....a slight cant of the rifle will put you off course....another consideration with it is that you are limited as to scope placement in the mount since the rings are fixed and you may not be able to get the exact eye relief you want...the ARMs come in three heights and go back to zero every time.....Dick
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#2]

.i've got one of the Armalite clones which is pictured and really don't like it too much since it is so damn high over the bore..
Are the RRA and Armalite mounts the same height?  In the pictures the RRA looks higher.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 12:40:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The only time it won't work is if you have a HUGE scope, which will require a riser/rail that allows mounting further forward than can be done on the upper receiver.

Will these work with a 50 mm AO?
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 1:34:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info, Troy
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#6]

The mount RRA sells does position the scope a bit higher.
How much higher are we talking?  I was all set to put a RRA mount on the Xmas list because I don't need the repeat zero of the lug or the extra eye relief--just an extra 1/4" or so more height than the Burris "high" rings.  Now I'm afraid the RRA would be TOO high, especially for a "bench" rifle.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I called RRA and according to the "tech" I talked to (that's what the girl that answered the phone called the person she transferred me to) their mount puts the sight at the same height as the irons.  So that'd be the same as the Armalite then?
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 12:05:01 PM EDT
[#8]
ARMS # 38 Extended w/ARMS # 22 rings (with inserts if your scope is 1")
This set up works very well for me, even using a Burris Black diamond. Burris mounts their windage and elevation much more forward than the rest and it still works great.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the Badger Ord. rings on my Bushy flattop.  I got them from SWFA.  I love them.
Sleepy717
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top