Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/27/2022 6:39:03 PM EDT
What's the general consensus on Tennessee Arms poly AR15 & AR10 lowers?  I'm looking at building an inexpensive AR10 in .338 Federal, and have a chance to pick one up....but I have no experience with any of the poly style lowers.  I'm pretty sure you can use Magpul PMags, but what type of upper do they accept?  My current two AR's in .308 are both built on Aero uppers/lowers, are they compatible with the Tennessee lowers?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe they are made to mil spec dimensions and should be compatible with any upper receiver.

If you want ultra lightweight, you can pay $400 for a V7 enlightened special 2055 aluminum alloy..or $50 for this polymer lower which is more than 1 oz lighter. The lower receiver isn't subject to a lot of stress during firing, and they seem fairly durable, so i think it's just a question of whether you mind the fact that it's made out of plastic which looks and feels "cheap," But I think it's actually a solid option.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 6:48:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one I built up, went together fine. Built a 556/223 carbine using the lower. Held up so far but I have only put about 200 rounds through it. The carbine is one of my spares.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a few lowers, they seem to be great, light, easy to work with.  I've only built out a couple, but they have stood up to plenty of range time without any more observed stress than an aluminum lower would.  The top one has a BCM EAG HS upper, turned out to be a great lightweight build, runs like a top.  Bottom one matches the Magpul pink furniture, is a lot of fun.  I built another to match their stealth gray, both with Stag uppers, have worked with no issues, but I haven't used those two in a class or anything hard, either.

Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top