Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/24/2022 3:18:32 PM EDT
First let me say, I’m very experienced with ARs and built several. however I honestly never had slam fires. The rifle in question is a factory built Daniels defence DDM4V11. It’s about 4-5 years old and sat for the last 3-4. It sat because my home builds are my go to guns. I bought a new scope for it and that’s why I brushed the dust off, cleaned, oiled and got it ready for a range trip.

Very first shot I took was a double fire.. Wasn’t really sure what to think. Popped off another few rounds then another double happened. I ejected that mag and ejected the round in the chamber. The primer had a light dimple from the firing pin. Put in a different magazine and fired a few shots. Then a double went. yep.. Looked at the primer of the chambered round and it had a light primer strike. Time for a third mag.. Yup happened again.

All the while my ammo is ejecting like the gun is over gassed it’s flying out around 1:30 position.

The ammo was Federal American Eagle 5.56 55gr factory mil grade stuff. Admit ably, I shoot 223 as I have allot more of it. For getting the scope sighted in I wanted to use 5.56

This particular trip I didn’t bring any other ammo. I just had this stuff. Also I was holding the gun tight in my shoulder so it wasn’t bump firing. And the dented chambered primers makes me thing slam fires.

What’s folks thoughts? Ammo most likely the problem? Think the gun has issues? I have gone back through it.. found nothing odd trigger and disconnector are functioning as they should.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Light primer signs on chambered rounds is perfectly normal since the FP is free floating.. but doesn’t have enough inertia to induce a slam fire.

I’m guessing there’s something wrong with the FCG

ETA:
Factory ammo or reloads?

Remove the lower from the upper and perform a function check on the FCG by manually cocking/releasing the hammer & pressing/holding the trigger

ETA2
Easiest way would be to try a different lower and see if it happens again.
If it does try a different BCG
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Light primer signs on chambered rounds is perfectly normal since the FP is free floating.. but doesn’t have enough inertia to induce a slam fire.

I’m guessing there’s something wrong with the FCG.
View Quote

^^^^
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Or a bump fire.

What trigger?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Disco spring?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#5]
From 4 or 5 years ago
https://danieldefense.com/safety/ddm4-disconnector
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Does the hammer drop when you hold the trigger, while releasing the bolt from lock, to an empty chamber (let it slam home)?
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From 4 or 5 years ago
https://danieldefense.com/safety/ddm4-disconnector
View Quote

oh shit nice

OP this lines up almost exactly with your date range
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
First let me say, I’m very experienced with ARs and built several. however I honestly never had slam fires. The rifle in question is a factory built Daniels defence DDM4V11. It’s about 4-5 years old and sat for the last 3-4. It sat because my home builds are my go to guns. I bought a new scope for it and that’s why I brushed the dust off, cleaned, oiled and got it ready for a range trip.

Very first shot I took was a double fire.. Wasn’t really sure what to think. Popped off another few rounds then another double happened. I ejected that mag and ejected the round in the chamber. The primer had a light dimple from the firing pin. Put in a different magazine and fired a few shots. Then a double went. yep.. Looked at the primer of the chambered round and it had a light primer strike. Time for a third mag.. Yup happened again.

All the while my ammo is ejecting like the gun is over gassed it’s flying out around 1:30 position.

The ammo was Federal American Eagle 5.56 55gr factory mil grade stuff. Admit ably, I shoot 223 as I have allot more of it. For getting the scope sighted in I wanted to use 5.56

This particular trip I didn’t bring any other ammo. I just had this stuff. Also I was holding the gun tight in my shoulder so it wasn’t bump firing. And the dented chambered primers makes me thing slam fires.

What’s folks thoughts? Ammo most likely the problem? Think the gun has issues? I have gone back through it.. found nothing odd trigger and disconnector are functioning as they should.
View Quote

Daniel Defense had a recall about 4-5 years ago due to this. Better to just swap the FCG out with an ALG ACT rather than sending it in.

"Daniel Defense has issued a recall that includes Daniel Defense firearms manufactured between April 1, 2016 and March 3, 2017. If you believe that you own a firearm that is affected by the recall, please refrain from calling them and use the serial number check on their website, the link is posted below."

"The safety concern stems from a few cases of a double-fire when the trigger is pulled for a single shot. There have not been wide reports of disconnectors failing, but you should still check your firearm’s serial number. If you own an affected rifle, Daniel Defense asks that you stop using the rifle immediately and follow the instructions on the safety site posted above."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/05/30/recall-daniel-defense-recall-due-disconnector-failures/
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top