Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't like some of the ideas they come up with and there entire way of inventory, shipping, payment process, and logistics sucks along with the car sales type feel on products. They don't have the best ano and it scratches Super easy but they offer a great variety in colors.

But when on sale especially the $1500 Super Duty deals they can't be beat.

@molon

I can't tell you to drop the coin on a SD being the hefty price but I think you will be surprised at the testing if you get one in the future.

Edit
Most here has over paid for something with certain markings similar to the D&H giessele mags tbf.
View Quote

You sound like an apologist.

Most here probably have not over paid actually. Most generally pay when they see sales and its finally priced below a certain price point for them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:50:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I’m not in the market but I’d be curious to see how the PA expo arms rails stack up against the G rails.
View Quote

I remain impressed with the one I have. Rides in the truck and has seen plenty of abuse. YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You sound like an apologist.

Most here probably have not over paid actually. Most generally pay when they see sales and its finally priced below a certain price point for them.
View Quote

I'm not apologizing I just don't think you can do better when those sales pop up.

I have Anderson stuff all the way to Kac stuff and I can point out little stuff like chalky finishing on just about every brand. Giessele is overpriced for what it is but when sales hit they can't be beat imo.

I understand wanting pristine stuff when buying anything expensive no doubt but I've seen chalky finishing on many anodized parts. The cheaper Chinese stuff actually seems to be most shiny and consistent.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Maybe because they’re painted FDE?? Lol.
View Quote

No, they’re not. They’re FDE anodized.

ETA: Shit. Looking at the texture on the BCM it might be Cerakote.

ETA2: You’re right. I just took them out in the sunlight. The BCM is definitely not anodized and they definitely differ in color based on lighting. Shows what I get for not having the BCM on a build yet.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:14:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sample is meaningless. Need to buy a ten rail group.
View Quote
Ha. Got eem!
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No, they're not. They're FDE anodized.

ETA: Shit. Looking at the texture on the BCM it might be Cerakote.
View Quote
My fde QRF isn't anodized.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sample is meaningless.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sample is meaningless.

The sample isn't meaningless to me, because that's the sample that I received.

Quoted:
Need to buy a ten rail group.

I don't want a ten rail group.  I just wanted one rail that doesn't have the shittiest anodizing that I've ever seen on AR-15 compontents.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I understand wanting pristine stuff when buying anything expensive
View Quote

I don't want "pristine" stuff.  I wanted a rail that has anodizing like the previous Geissele rails that I purchased.  I wanted a rail that looks like the pics that Geissele shows on their webpage.  I didn't want the shittiest anodizing that I've ever seen on AR-15 components and that cost me $268.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

This was toward the end of their 13" rails before they went to 13.5"; purchased early 2020, just before great gun buying frenzy.  Your Photos compared to mine show a pretty bad drop in anodize quality.  Mine is perfect.

After this and the barrel debacle, I'll enjoy my pre cost-cutting G stuff and refrain from buying more until they tighten up.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm not apologizing I just don't think you can do better when those sales pop up.

I have Anderson stuff all the way to Kac stuff and I can point out little stuff like chalky finishing on just about every brand. Giessele is overpriced for what it is but when sales hit they can't be beat imo.

I understand wanting pristine stuff when buying anything expensive no doubt but I've seen chalky finishing on many anodized parts. The cheaper Chinese stuff actually seems to be most shiny and consistent.

View Quote

You were reaching, almost begging him to go ahead and buy then test all the while making excuses for them. That's pretty much apologizing where I come from but if you think that you're not, well you've got an odd way of expressing oneself then I suppose.

The chalky Mk14 that I got and never would have bought if it wasn't priced below $200, leaves much to be desired and has turned me off honestly, not to mention the black oxide barrel finish is not kosher either. Ya I know, function over form but when you pay a certain amount you do expect better things for both ends really. Not sorry but that's the truth.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I like SLR handguards.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#12]
So 3 pages and nobody bothered to invite G crew into this conversation? @CAGS
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#13]
BCM Quality???
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You were reaching, almost begging him to go ahead and buy then test all the while making excuses for them. That's pretty much apologizing where I come from but if you think that you're not, well you've got an odd way of expressing oneself then I suppose.

The chalky Mk14 that I got and never would have bought if it wasn't priced below $200, leaves much to be desired and has turned me off honestly, not to mention the black oxide barrel finish is not kosher either. Ya I know, function over form but when you pay a certain amount you do expect better things for both ends really. Not sorry but that's the truth.
View Quote

C'mon man keep emotions out of tech. I'm not concerned with any of that stuff you're going on about other then maybe if you have an opinion about the actual parts. Don't mean any disrespect just am not getting into purse swinging in tech.

I actually want to hate geissele after dealing with them and I don't have anything with the new black oxide but when I actually go shoot my geissele stuff I'm impressed. Everyone who I let shoot my rifles usually likes the geissele even over my kac stuff.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#15]
The quality on my ALG handguard is excellent, but I bought it years ago. They don't even make them anymore.

Have a recent SSAE and it is excellent.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So 3 pages and nobody bothered to invite G crew into this conversation? @CAGS
View Quote

Or.....@GACS.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

C'mon man keep emotions out of tech. I'm not concerned with any of that stuff you're going on about other then maybe if you have an opinion about the actual parts. Don't mean any disrespect just am not getting into purse swinging in tech.

I actually want to hate geissele after dealing with them and I don't have anything with the new black oxide but when I actually go shoot my geissele stuff I'm impressed. Everyone who I let shoot my rifles usually likes the geissele even over my kac stuff.
View Quote

The writing is right there, don't project your emotions into me please, all I did was call out what was being seen and what my experiences with Geissele products in relation to this topic were and was all impartial and emotionless.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#18]
NON-FIREARM RETURNS & REPLACEMENTS POLICY

If you are dissatisfied with your order for any reason, you can return your item for a refund or credit towards your next purchase within one year of purchase. After one year, these items are ineligible for a return or exchange

All return or exchange requests must be set up with our Customer Service team via email at [email protected] or through our customer support portal on our web store.  If the request has not been set up through our Customer Service team prior to sending it in, your package will be refused and returned to sender.

They're far from the only game in town...

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sample is meaningless. Need to buy a ten rail group.
View Quote

Lol!  

You produced gold and no one seems to be getting it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:28:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You produced gold and no one seems to be getting it.
View Quote

I "got it" just fine.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I have 3 bendy rails.  The finish doesn't look terrible, though the long one has the black line.  

I had DDC MK8 years back that had an absolutely perfect anodized finished.  That seemed to be the standard back then.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The writing is right there, don't project your emotions into me please, all I did was call out what was being seen and what my experiences with Geissele products in relation to this topic were and was all impartial and emotionless.
View Quote

I named my complaints about giessele but I think they are great shooting rifles. What are going on about now seriously?

Chalky ano happens and it went away on anything that gets used for me.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:40:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Or.....@GACS.  
View Quote

Either way OP should have invited G crew into this and started this in their industry forum. I'm just shocked this wasn't in GD.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I named my complaints about giessele but I think they are great shooting rifles. What are going on about now seriously?

Chalky ano happens and it went away on anything that gets used for me.

View Quote

Cool, you do you then. What I think about mine I'll do me instead and stay that way instead of being told what I should think.

So nothing has changed, if people are paying for something that's generally more pricey than others, they are right in expecting form as well as function. But if you're okay with that, that's on you and not to be forced on others.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Either way OP should have invited G crew into this and started this in their industry forum. I'm just shocked this wasn't in GD.
View Quote

Honestly I usually contact a company prior if I have complaints. How they treat me from there will depend on if I have an axe to grind as far as starting a bashing thread. Giessele anodizing isn't great and they make a waiver for the shades so I'm not surprised on the chalky  part.

Molon provides the most technical threads so I didn't question the general portion.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
NON-FIREARM RETURNS & REPLACEMENTS POLICY

If you are dissatisfied with your order for any reason, you can return your item for a refund or credit towards your next purchase within one year of purchase. After one year, these items are ineligible for a return or exchange

All return or exchange requests must be set up with our Customer Service team via email at [email protected] or through our customer support portal on our web store.  If the request has not been set up through our Customer Service team prior to sending it in, your package will be refused and returned to sender.

They're far from the only game in town...

View Quote

Unfortunately posted policy is “theory”.

What they do in practice is a different matter.

That said, I quit buying Geissele but it sounds like they’re better now than when I was having issues.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:14:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Well, now, with the added attacks and rants this will get pitched to GD, soon.  Every thread I wander into lately seems to have a very similar theme.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:17:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have 3 bendy rails.  The finish doesn't look terrible, though the long one has the black line.  

I had DDC MK8 years back that had an absolutely perfect anodized finished.  That seemed to be the standard back then.

https://i.imgur.com/UIMARwy.jpg
View Quote

The anodizing on those looks 1000 times better than the piece of shit that I received.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The anodizing on those looks 1000 times better than the piece of shit that I received.

View Quote

Return it to them via their return policy. I would think you of all people have some sort of experience in that area. Plenty of manufacturers have had issues from Magpul to BCM to Daniel Defense to LMT, on and on and on. Get over it and return it or treat them like the tools they are.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
. . . started this in their industry forum.
View Quote

I've done that in the past and got no response.  That aside, people need to be aware of technically defective parts being put out by manufacturers.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Bought a G2S trigger about 4-5 years ago, love it.
Bought another couple months ago, no where near as crisp, smooth and pull weight as the first one.
I know it is a “cheap” trigger but the difference in the two is big.
Won’t happen again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Giessele anodizing isn't great and they make a waiver for the shades so I'm not surprised on the chalky  part.
View Quote

Anodizing that is so shitty that simple handling the part with your bare hands creates a white film on the part has nothing to do with "a waiver for the shades" and Geissele's own literature on varying shades states to buy their black items if you don't want to receive components with varying shades.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Pics of rusty barrels not loading.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Every thread I wander into lately seems to have a very similar theme.
View Quote

You too?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
First it was the whole URG-I debacle.  Then the silent switch to using cheap black oxide finish on their barrels.  Now they are using the shittiest anodizing on their handguards that I have ever seen on AR-15 components .  I’ve seen cheap engine block paint that has a better feel and look than the crap that’s on the MK14 rail that I just received.

This anodizing has a very "gritty" feel to it and a very cheap look to it.  This anodizing is so shitty that handling the handguard with your bare hands creates a white, chalky finish on the surface of the handguard.  The white finish can be scrubbed off with CLP, but as soon as you handle the handguard with bare hands again, you're back to the white chalky finish.  None of this has ever occurred with the older black Geissele handguards that I have.

Yes, it’s “just a tool”. But for the $268 that I paid for this handguard, the anodizing should be better than what's found on cheap airsoft components.

I specifically purchased this handguard in black because that’s what Geissele recommends that you should do if you’re not interested in the constantly varying shades of their DDC components and you’re unable to appreciate the “unique” black lines found in the finish of the DDC MK16 handguards sold to us civilians.

Maybe Geissele should just advertise the color of this new black anodizing as ZEBRA. This is all truly pathetic for a handguard that Geissele is charging $275 for on their website.  PATHETIC.  Buyer beware.

The handguard pictured on top is what black anodizing should look and feel like. The handguard on the bottom is the piece of shit that I just received.

https://i.ibb.co/mJwh9Zw/geissele-shitty-anodizing-001.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/HFc8FGr/geissele-shitty-anodizing-002.jpg

….
View Quote

@Molon most people fussing I would ignore, but I’ve read and seen your work so I’m listening on this one.  Shat did G say?  Have you talked with them?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Anodizing that is so shitty that simple handling the part with your bare hands creates a white film on the part has nothing to do with "a waiver for the shades" and Geissele's own literature on varying shades states to buy their black items if you don't want to receive components with varying shades.

View Quote

Fair enough

Honest question I have is how come I have seen 3k rifles with this type of ano and if I swing by the Chinese parts booth at a show they have a half dozen colors that match and almost look lite it was plated or coated?

Cheaper material easier to ano? Slave labor?

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:41:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Shat did G say?  Have you talked with them?
View Quote

No.  I'm currently weighing my options.

If anyone knows of a reputable business doing quality Cerakote work with a quick turnaround time, I'd be interesting in hearing about them.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#38]
This cult stuff is hilarious. Keep it coming guys.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#39]
My LaRue, Aero, Leupold and some of my DD anodized stuff does the chalky skin handling thing.  I don’t worry about it... heck, I don’t even clean my guns after shooting, most of the time.

It’s due to the surface finish being rougher or more matte.  It’s not “inferior” or cheap or bad QC or anything. It’s just different; takes more effort to make it that non-reflective, actually.  Blasting media has a lot to do with it.  Using granularly sharp oxide blasting media like StarBlast or similar will make a very rough very matte non-reflective surface versus something like glass beads or plain sand that just make something eggshell or soft matte finished.  The rougher surface once anodized will scrape the keratin off your fingernails or dry skin.  Wear gloves and/or use moisturizer if this a problem for you, Karen.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Their website says if you not satisfied with your purchase, contact them and setup a return. Their customer service is pretty bad, so it might take some time, but that is a separate issue. It sounds like a GD type of thread was created to publicly shame them as opposed to contacting them with the concern. A thread might be merited if the resolution between OP and Geissele was was not optimal, like in they refused to replace the rail.

I purchased one of their enhanced lower parts kits with all their fancy parts. Half of it was rusted and after several emails fighting with them, they said they would replace them, and they would send a return label. They never sent the label or responded to follow emails about the label. I went ahead and sent the parts back, with the email correspondence and they sent the same rusted parts backs saying a replacement/return was not authorized. I stopped buying their stuff from them directly after that. This is after spending thousands with them. I will will their stuff from a third party who will make things right if there is an issue and cut out G’s customer service, which is non existent
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Should have waited for the ris iii
View Quote

They're claiming it has the same rigidity of the previous RIS. Added myself to their notification list.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Their customer service is pretty bad,
View Quote

That has been my experience also.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:05:32 PM EDT
[#43]
I only buy Bill for his triggers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Cool, you do you then. What I think about mine I'll do me instead and stay that way instead of being told what I should think.

So nothing has changed, if people are paying for something that's generally more pricey than others, they are right in expecting form as well as function. But if you're okay with that, that's on you and not to be forced on others.
View Quote

I’ve never seen someone on here so insecure and sensitive about their own thoughts that they immediately assume everyone with a different opinion is trying to push their thoughts on to you.

He talked about his own personal experiences and gave his own personal opinion about Geissele. You, on the other hand, projected your own practices and beliefs onto everyone else by stating that nearly everyone waits for sales and then, and only then, do they buy G stuff.

So, either you assume everyone is as smart as you, or you’re incredibly ignorant to when the majority of G customers buy their stuff. If G only sold products on Black Friday and 4th of July, they’d be out of business. Fanbois frequently rush to buy new drops at top dollar pricing (as many have admitted in this thread), and many less e hardcore enthusiasts don’t even know G does big sales on those holidays. Even the people who DO buy during holiday sales also buy outside of those sales.

This isn’t the first time I’ve seen this from you and it appears you have gained quite the reputation for doing this. Maybe relax a little, realize that people here are allowed to give their own opinions, and don’t cry every time someone doesn’t feel the same as you, and you’ll probably be a lot happier person in general.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I can just see Geissel fan boys all over the country rending their clothes and crying, “SAY IT AIN’T SO MO!”
View Quote

100 Internet points to you for using a form of the word rend in a sentence!

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Bought a G2S trigger about 4-5 years ago, love it.
Bought another couple months ago, no where near as crisp, smooth and pull weight as the first one.
I know it is a “cheap” trigger but the difference in the two is big.
Won’t happen again.
View Quote

G2S has the same geometry as the SSA. They are somewhat inconsistent trigger to trigger. Always have been.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I’ve never seen someone on here so insecure and sensitive about their own thoughts that they immediately assume everyone with a different opinion is trying to push their thoughts on to you.

He talked about his own personal experiences and gave his own personal opinion about Geissele. You, on the other hand, projected your own practices and beliefs onto everyone else by stating that nearly everyone waits for sales and then, and only then, do they buy G stuff.

So, either you assume everyone is as smart as you, or you’re incredibly ignorant to when the majority of G customers buy their stuff. If G only sold products on Black Friday and 4th of July, they’d be out of business. Fanbois frequently rush to buy new drops at top dollar pricing (as many have admitted in this thread), and many less e hardcore enthusiasts don’t even know G does big sales on those holidays. Even the people who DO buy during holiday sales also buy outside of those sales.

This isn’t the first time I’ve seen this from you and it appears you have gained quite the reputation for doing this. Maybe relax a little, realize that people here are allowed to give their own opinions, and don’t cry every time someone doesn’t feel the same as you, and you’ll probably be a lot happier person in general.
View Quote

How dare you "project your emotions/opinions into" another!?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
never mind that green barrel though, that freaks me out  

View Quote

What's up with that?

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
G2S has the same geometry as the SSA. They are somewhat inconsistent trigger to trigger. Always have been.
View Quote

Which is common sense. I have had various G2S triggers over the years and they were indeed different. That's why they are lower priced. Who would get a pair of these, think they would be identical and say "Never again"? Smh.

People...
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

The anodizing on yours is uniform, you're crying about the chalkyness that'll disappear after being used?

Just return it since it didn't meet your high standards for a $260 dollar product.
Page / 20
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top