Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 20
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 9:56:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting, Molon....I do not really like sending stuff back either.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 9:58:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 9:59:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You seem to be greatly confused so let me help you with that.  I stated multiple times that the anodizing looks and feels like shit compared to every other Geissele handguard that I've owned or seen images of on Geissele's website as well as compared to your beloved leader's own words of what the anodizing should look and feel like.  I don't give a shit what your standard is; that's the standard put forth by Bill Geissle in his own words and pictures and in past examples and that's the standard that I paid for and that's the standard that I should have received.

View Quote

You are being made to read this manifesto because you also have to accept these unavoidable manufacturing fingerprints that are not removed from my rifles and accessories.  If this bothers you my loyal and dear customer I completely understand. I humbly ask that you look elsewhere for your kit.

A whole page dedicated to don't buy G parts if you want perfect anodizing. And your still gonna whine about a black anodized rail you ordered and that's exactly what you got.

It's pretty clear to me that you are "that guy". You know "that guy" that every local business in a 30 mile radius dreads coming through their door. Those are just the ones that allow "that guy" to still come through the door. Petty.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I just don’t understand the blind zombie sheep loyalty.  Go to the G industry page.  You can’t say anything questioning G without massive fanboy blowback.  You think they sleep at Bills house and wipe his butt with their $100 bills.  

I’m not sure how people get that way.  Maybe they just so much money on this luxury item that they can’t stand to hear something negative about it or they will feel insecure about their purchase because it isn’t the best anymore?

I just don’t get it the fierce defending and they never met the guy or been to the shop
View Quote

Larue says what?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:23:21 PM EDT
[#6]
If you buy something advertised with a premium finish and feel, but get something that is neither, it’s a valid complaint. Apparently it’s a thing with G.

If you buy anything advertised as a given quality, have purchased things at that quality, then suddenly get something vastly outside that, it’s an understandable gripe. Doesn’t matter what the product is. G is having plenty of comments about QA issues and extremely poor CS. A visible complaint may change that. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets grease.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Larue says what?
View Quote

If Geissele was to be effectively banned from the forum, you'd probably see a similar attitude that you see towards LaRue. (But maybe not, LaRue liked to stir shit in GD)
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:34:21 PM EDT
[#8]
In this thread I realize we are only human after all. Molon and giessele aren't perfect as I once might of thought.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:45:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, this thread really brought out people on both sides of the fence. Yikes.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:31:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you buy something advertised with a premium finish and feel, but get something that is neither, it’s a valid complaint. Apparently it’s a thing with G.

If you buy anything advertised as a given quality, have purchased things at that quality, then suddenly get something vastly outside that, it’s an understandable gripe. Doesn’t matter what the product is. G is having plenty of comments about QA issues and extremely poor CS. A visible complaint may change that. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets grease.
View Quote

The thing about that is it’s not advertised as having a premium finish. It’s type 3 ano just like everyone else uses.  That’s why most are black, but some aren’t perfect.  Just like everyone else’s.

From the G site:

The Geissele MK14 Super Modular rail is finished in a durable and long lasting Type 3 Hardcoat Anodized available in either Black or Geissele’s DDC finish.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:47:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Larue says what?
View Quote

Tell us you’re a G-boi without telling us you’re a G-boi.

I looked at my Larue and KAC rails today, that have never been oiled, and they look nothing even close to Molon’s rail. I don’t understand how people are defending this by stating “but but look at Kac and Larue”…

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:02:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I looked at my Larue and KAC rails today, that have never been oiled, and they look nothing even close to Molon’s rail. I don’t understand how people are defending this by stating “but but look at Kac and Larue”…

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larue says what?

I'm actually not a "G-boi" I know that probably upsets you because you thought you were being whimsical and caught me.  I have SLR rails on my AR's in fact I have two G Rails for sale in the EE.  But nice try maybe next time slick. Also I have never "Oiled" any of my rails ever.  Only things that get "oiled" are the moving parts (BCG, Trigger, CH) etc..
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larue says what?

If you received a 300.00 rail that looked like shit would you reach out to the manufacturer? I would, Molon just wants to complain but doesn’t want a resolution, and if it was anyone other than Molon had started this thread it would have been moved or locked.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:07:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Bill Geissele himself has said that these rails have a clearance of .001" with the barrel nut.  That's a slip-fit, not an interference fit.  Looks like you're the who should be doing some research.

And I'm still waiting for you to post a link showing you conducting hardness and thickness testing of anodizing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bill Geissele himself has said that these rails have a clearance of .001" with the barrel nut.  That's a slip-fit, not an interference fit.  Looks like you're the who should be doing some research.

And I'm still waiting for you to post a link showing you conducting hardness and thickness testing of anodizing.

Molon, I greatly respect the effort you have put into testing and evaluations here. However as someone who has spent a good deal of time machining things and building to a relatively high level of precision. Well… what I think is relatively high. Your statement about .001 from Bill is misleading. In a world of perfection you would be right. However; Temperature and material make up will change the sizes of things. Especially something as tight of a tolerance as .001. Infact just the way the joined nuts are pressed into the rail deforms it ever so slightly that it can be seen in photos. This is displacing metal and requires force to do so. The above info would make it clear to me that the cocentricity between the barrel nut and the hand guard would not be absolutely perfect.

Secondly when it comes to finish of the product. There is a statement posted on the Geissele website that is quoted below

FINISHING PROCESS
BY BILL GEISSELE

Geissele weapons stand out on the firing line.  I want it that way.  Their distinctive color and smooth and lustrous finish is immediately noticeable when a shooter picks up a Geissele rifle.   One way to make a weapon with this velvety, luxurious look that feels so good in the hand is to use very gentle hand and machine finishing methods to smooth the surface of the aluminum.

Most aluminum gun parts are finished after machining by steel shot blasting and high-pressure sand blasting with coarse sand (Alox).  This sounds very rough and aggressive and it sure is!  Shot blasting involves sealing the parts into a chamber and dropping small steel spherical media onto a high speed spinning impeller that throws the steel shot at the part.  The result is a rough industrial type finish that is very uniform and will peen and mow over any small machining marks.  High pressure sand blasting is not as aggressive as shot blasting but the parts inevitably have a dull black, chalky finish after anodizing.  All this rough finishing makes life easy on the gun maker because it is easy to hide imperfections.  Because there was not an alternative to the easy to apply rough finishing some gunmakers have turned to various paint type coatings that have varying adhesion and wear resistance.  Some of these paints are very good and durable but eventually they will wear and flake off.  They also can’t be applied to all the complex internal holes and passages in a gun since they are applied with a line of sight spray gun.

I first ventured into aluminum gun parts a decade ago when I designed a modular type handguard for the HK416 to replace the stock “cheese grater” quad rail that was so undesirable to grip.  I wanted to provide my special operations customer with the finest handguard it was possible to make and the good feel in the shooters hand was one of the important design specifications.  I believe that the human hand that has to grip a rough surface such as a quad rail will send subtle signals to the brain that will slow down response time when the hand has to position something e.g. aim the weapon at a threat.  (watch out, it’s sharp!)  A smooth velvety gripping surface with no sharp edges lets the brain say “it’s ok to move fast, you won’t get cut!”

It wasn’t long after my HK416 rail was fielded when a Marine I know suggested/requested we make a handguard for the AR15.  This first AR15 rail was our MK1 which took the same Geissele rail panels as our HK416 handguard (remember this was before Keymod and M-LOK®). Currently we are at version MK19 and we have tried many different shapes and styles of handguard profiles and accessory attachment methods over the years.  One thing that we have always done consistently from HK416/MK1 to MK19 is to retain our tried and true hand finishing and smoothing of sharp edges and our gentle machine processing.  I wouldn’t have it any other way and you can be assured that this tradition of “doing it the hard way” will always be a Geissele hallmark.

Lastly I would like to say I do have a DDC 16 blem. I have been extremely happy with it and would not hesitate to buy another and am planning to get a Luna 11.5 in the future. While I have not owned a DD to compare to, I have DD rails. I also have BCM and other good quality companies equiptment to compare it to.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:15:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I just don’t understand the blind zombie sheep loyalty.  Go to the G industry page.  You can’t say anything questioning G without massive fanboy blowback.  You think they sleep at Bills house and wipe his butt with their $100 bills.  

I’m not sure how people get that way.  Maybe they just so much money on this luxury item that they can’t stand to hear something negative about it or they will feel insecure about their purchase because it isn’t the best anymore?

I just don’t get it the fierce defending and they never met the guy or been to the shop
View Quote

Luxury item?  They’re like $300 during holiday sales.  Are G rails the best? Not at all, but they are excellent, available year round and a caveman can easily install them.

A luxury item is a $450 hodge barrel that people pay $1,200 for because its exclusivity or a LMT M203.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:42:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The thing about that is it’s not advertised as having a premium finish. It’s type 3 ano just like everyone else uses.  That’s why most are black, but some aren’t perfect.  Just like everyone else’s.

From the G site:

The Geissele MK14 Super Modular rail is finished in a durable and long lasting Type 3 Hardcoat Anodized available in either Black or Geissele’s DDC finish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the G site:

To quote Molon, quoting Bill G,

"Geissele weapons stand out on the firing line.  I want it that way.  Their distinctive color and smooth and lustrous finish is immediately noticeable when a shooter picks up a Geissele rifle.   One way to make a weapon with this velvety, luxurious look that feels so good in the hand is to use very gentle hand and machine finishing methods to smooth the surface of the aluminum." - Bill Geissele

I’d say that a CEO advertising his product as something with a premium feel would count. Hell, if Ford’s ceo talked about a Focus with a premium leather interior and it turned out to be pleather on delivery, they’d get reamed too.

I don’t own any G products, but will certainly wait for QA issues to be fixed. If I’m paying significantly more than my average Aero or Fortis parts, especially for something purported to be ‘better,’ it should certainly show it on unboxing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:51:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Where did I say my rail became chalky? Please learn to read.

Where did I say I was an expert on metal? Are you actually this stupid in person?

One of my G rails came from the factory, just like his. I took it out and shot it, and used it. It's no longer chalky. I get you guys just want to post photos of your guns, not use them. If Molon actually took his gun to the range and used it in a manner for which it's built the evil chalkiness would go away. Instead he rubs his dry ass hands on it, post a photo and bitches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What ever makes you sleep at night, none of mine have gone chalky, and proper anodizing shouldn’t, yes it dries and lightens from sun light and chemicals, but not like Molons, there are other issues there than the color, but I’m betting your a expert in metallurgy, and andonizing now as well.

Where did I say I was an expert on metal? Are you actually this stupid in person?

One of my G rails came from the factory, just like his. I took it out and shot it, and used it. It's no longer chalky. I get you guys just want to post photos of your guns, not use them. If Molon actually took his gun to the range and used it in a manner for which it's built the evil chalkiness would go away. Instead he rubs his dry ass hands on it, post a photo and bitches.

You need to just stop posting and learn how to read and even more importantly COMPREHEND what is being written and posted.
Dealing with your comprehension skills is like, talking physics with a 4 year old. Fuck dude.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:57:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If you received a 300.00 rail that looked like shit would you reach out to the manufacturer?
View Quote

Depends, but nowadays likely not. Time nowadays is more valuable to me than money, I only have X amount of it during the week and if I have a consumer item that there's an issue with I'd have to weigh out what the likely recourse will be in correcting the issue on their end versus me taking the time to email them/call them, boxing the thing up and running to the post to get it back, reinstalling the thing later etc. Nowadays I'd probably just shelf the thing or give it to a friend or family member and just never purchase from them again, but again, it depends on the issue specifically.

Anecdotal evidence, but a friend of mine sometime around the 2019 Black Friday fiasco purchased a Geissele lower parts kit directly from them, and when he received it he realized the magazine release button wasn't even threaded. Like, it had a hole in it, but without threads. Now he went and got ahold of them and they send him a new one, but the point people are making is that this type of shit is par for the course from a "lower end" manufacturer, but not for someone who wants to sell a premium product, and this doesn't matter whether the item is a parts kit or a complete rifle. I personally wouldn't have bothered reaching out to them about replacing that part, nor would I have made a post on arfcom but again, I don't usually have much time. The idea here is that someone posting about ANY company's part that has failed isn't a bad thing, and it's something that when someone does a search in the future can see potential issues that may arise. Of course the youtube shills and fanboys of any brand will sing praises for their brand, but it's also good for people to know the extreme other end of the spectrum and what to look out for.

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:12:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The same can be said for KAC. Their employee turnover rate is very high, or was. For a while there it was a constant rotation for LE/MIL reps.

*Not bagging on KAC as they have done awesome things for me personally in the past. Have personally talked to Trey and Dave Lutz and they went above and beyond for me. I'm a fan. I'll say the same thing about LMT too. Stand up guys.

With that being said, look at the hypocrisy here. No company is infallible. Like I said, I have received more barney shit from KAC than any other company. It should be considered a blem according to this thread, yet we have people paying EXTRA for this. lol
View Quote

Does KAC openly state that their products look and feel better than the rest? Does Reed knight have what he expects and his standards on his finishes  on his web site? Honestly it’s been a while since I’ve been on KAC’s site.

The issue here is really simple, Bill Geissele in his words tells how his products should look and feel, but Molon’s did not not come close to Bills standards. See simple, the derailment started with all the side show bullshit, then others come out and talk about their issues. We then have the customer service issues. The common theme is everything is real good or real shitty, nothing in between. Then we get more side show shit, the other theme is the fan bois, feel the need to resort to name calling, the biggest offenders there seem all to low post count haters.  One poster iso ignorant to even know sarcasm and another has been completely called out and is still doubling down. One fan boi apparently will run pure shit if it says Geissele. So that pretty much sums this up. The real tragedy here is the attacks on Molon who is a true asset and contributor to this site being attacked by a bunch of low post count fan bois who contribute nothing to this sight. Some here have bulbs that glow so dim that anything useful they may add in the future will be ignored for having less than zero credibility. Trying to gain false credibility at the expense of a highly credible member should be a ban. A few here are lucky I’m not the mod.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:15:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

put your money where your mouth is and do a seal test if you're such the EXPERT

of course, I wouldn't believe you at this point as you have discredited yourself fully

edit: "feels like shit" is not technical. nor is your perception of Bill's words on his website.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You seem to be greatly confused so let me help you with that.  I stated multiple times that the anodizing looks and feels like shit compared to every other Geissele handguard that I've owned or seen images of on Geissele's website as well as compared to your beloved leader's own words of what the anodizing should look and feel like.  I don't give a shit what your standard is; that's the standard put forth by Bill Geissle in his own words and pictures, that's the standard that I paid for and that's the standard that I should have received.

of course, I wouldn't believe you at this point as you have discredited yourself fully

edit: "feels like shit" is not technical. nor is your perception of Bill's words on his website.

Hahahahaha ok low post count, no feedback teener. I will take credibility advice from you. ????????????????????
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:33:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Depends, but nowadays likely not. Time nowadays is more valuable to me than money, I only have X amount of it during the week and if I have a consumer item that there's an issue with I'd have to weigh out what the likely recourse will be in correcting the issue on their end versus me taking the time to email them/call them, boxing the thing up and running to the post to get it back, reinstalling the thing later etc. Nowadays I'd probably just shelf the thing or give it to a friend or family member and just never purchase from them again, but again, it depends on the issue specifically.

Anecdotal evidence, but a friend of mine sometime around the 2019 Black Friday fiasco purchased a Geissele lower parts kit directly from them, and when he received it he realized the magazine release button wasn't even threaded. Like, it had a hole in it, but without threads. Now he went and got ahold of them and they send him a new one, but the point people are making is that this type of shit is par for the course from a "lower end" manufacturer, but not for someone who wants to sell a premium product, and this doesn't matter whether the item is a parts kit or a complete rifle. I personally wouldn't have bothered reaching out to them about replacing that part, nor would I have made a post on arfcom but again, I don't usually have much time. The idea here is that someone posting about ANY company's part that has failed isn't a bad thing, and it's something that when someone does a search in the future can see potential issues that may arise. Of course the youtube shills and fanboys of any brand will sing praises for their brand, but it's also good for people to know the extreme other end of the spectrum and what to look out for.

View Quote

You hit the nails head squarely, I also think that allot of companies know this. If they split their customer service between good and bad, you get threads like this. I’m betting Giessele is fully aware of this thread and laughing his ass off, knowing he doesn’t have to worry ar all, as even the legitimate complaints are lost thanks to the fan bois.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:34:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Hahahahaha ok low post count, no feedback teener. I will take credibility advice from you. ????????????????????
View Quote

You didn’t buy a rail from this one last week did ya?
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:42:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You need to just stop posting and learn how to read and even more importantly COMPREHEND what is being written and posted.
Dealing with your comprehension skills is like, talking physics with a 4 year old. Fuck dude.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What ever makes you sleep at night, none of mine have gone chalky, and proper anodizing shouldn’t, yes it dries and lightens from sun light and chemicals, but not like Molons, there are other issues there than the color, but I’m betting your a expert in metallurgy, and andonizing now as well.

So tell me again where I said my rail became chalky with use? You remind me of Biden, just creates random thoughts in his head between yelling at clouds.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 8:27:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess we’ve become LF, where post count and seniority equals credibility.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:36:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never claimed once I didn’t like Giessele, I bought a used one, irrelevant to the argument. Do I need crayons to draw pictures here for you to follow?
I guess fan bois will resort to what ever to not face the actual facts of the thread.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So tell me again where I said my rail became chalky with use? You remind me of Biden, just creates random thoughts in his head between yelling at clouds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Re read my posts, instead of quoting everyone I used generalizations, and allot of sarcasm. Do I need a box of crayons for yo as well?

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it’s more of the low post count non contributors name calling a major contributor while over looking the facts of the argument and thread reason.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

More like “Who’s Line Is It Anyway”….where everything is made up and the points don’t matter.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Been that way for a while. Sad but true.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Never claimed once I didn’t like Giessele, I bought a used one, irrelevant to the argument. Do I need crayons to draw pictures here for you to follow?
I guess fan bois will resort to what ever to not face the actual facts of the thread.
View Quote

You clearly missed the point of my shitpost…. I could care less about G, Bill, Bendy rails, Chalky Rails, etc. I do find the drama and emotional feelings comical though.

You made the same argument earlier about post count and join date for some 2021er that you learned later you traded with on the EE the week before.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
@IHTFP08
View Quote

Thanks.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry/Black-Oxide-vs-Nitride-My-Science-Experiment/444-300329/

I'd like to point any haters here to this thread.

Also of note, I've personally seen 6 recent production Super Duties (black, DDC, and ODG) and they all been excellent. Both fit and finish for the ones that I'm selling/transferrring for others, and also my personal experience using one in a run and gun recently. Both myself and teammate were using 16" Super Duties. No rust on my barrel, even after submersion in the pond. SSAX trigger is amazing. REBCG is awesome. The only thing mine needed was a FCD mag release and bolt catch (personal preference as a lefty).

and for all you haters, don't like, don't buy it. Leave some for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Thanks.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry/Black-Oxide-vs-Nitride-My-Science-Experiment/444-300329/

I'd like to point any haters here to this thread.

Also of note, I've personally seen 6 recent production Super Duties (black, DDC, and ODG) and they all been excellent. Both fit and finish for the ones that I'm selling/transferrring for others, and also my personal experience using one in a run and gun recently. Both myself and teammate were using 16" Super Duties. No rust on my barrel, even after submersion in the pond. SSAX trigger is amazing. REBCG is awesome. The only thing mine needed was a FCD mag release and bolt catch (personal preference as a lefty).

and for all you haters, don't like, don't buy it. Leave some for the rest of us.
View Quote

I run a fcd bolt release over the giessele as well. Way more solid but besides that and no qd end plate I think they are solid.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You seem to be greatly confused so let me help you with that.  I stated multiple times that the anodizing looks and feels like shit compared to every other Geissele handguard that I've owned or seen images of on Geissele's website as well as compared to your beloved leader's own words of what the anodizing should look and feel like.  I don't give a shit what your standard is; that's the standard put forth by Bill Geissle in his own words and pictures, that's the standard that I paid for and that's the standard that I should have received.

says the guy who has been bickering non-stop with multiple people now for 2 4 days straight while not even knowing what he, himself, wrote in his own posts

edit: FIFM; you are really contributing a lot in these last 4 days

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:11:48 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm thrown by this whole thread.  My respect for you sir, Molon is without peer, as an institution unto yourself of exceptional quality testing and evaluation combined with dispassionate analysis and review.  Seriously, much respect - when Molon speaks, I listen.

But this post.. - while I have no doubt the accuracy of the assessment, man: the language and passion is not the best display.  It's cool, you're not even wrong, I get it and likely would feel the same way.  I support the frustration.  But... damn, everything else going OK?  Not trying to be a dick about that; Hell I've lost my shit at times too - this is one of those reaching out amongst friends out of concern about a behavior change not for the better.  (If this pisses you off and you want to take a shot, that's fine - but maybe that's a moment to stop and ponder?)
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You clearly missed the point of my shitpost…. I could care less about G, Bill, Bendy rails, Chalky Rails, etc. I do find the drama and emotional feelings comical though.

You made the same argument earlier about post count and join date for some 2021er that you learned later you traded with on the EE the week before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

to be honest I missed the posters screen name, in all honesty I just saw 21 lol. I have no problem admitting I’m wrong, when I’m wrong, even apologizing. I missed your point on that so that’s on me. I have discover in this thread the crayon eaters are frustrating, and trying simply the thread facts is impossible. I will even clarify my position again, I like Giessele products, I planned on trying one of their bolt carriers with the reliability coating, I also have looked into trying a barrel. I have put off the barrel for now, before this thread as I’m waiting to see how the new finish holds up. This thread has me questioning the reliability coating on the BCG’s now. I still would like one more 13.5” MK4 rail, in addition to the one I just got off the EE.

I as of today have 2 - 13.5” MK16’s, 2 - 10.5” MK16’s, 1 - MK4 in a 13.5” and would like to order another. I have Daniel Defense, KAC and BCM rails but only one or two of each of those, I have SSA-E’s in every rifle I own, so I should be a fan bois, but I am not. I have watched a rather quick decline in Giessele QC and a CS that is purely hit and miss. Threads like this and other threads as well as my own personal experiance have put future direct orders on hold. The EE is safe for rails as you can see the product you will be getting. BCG’s I am hesitant and triggers I have a few still NIB.

I’m not a fan bois, and I have nothing to hide, but the attacks on member who contributes so much to rest of us free of charge is wrong on all accounts, most of these attacks are coming from very low post count purse swingers who have contributed what to this site? Did Molon handle it the way you would, the way I would, the way others would? No he handled it his way and to force your (not you personally) ideas of how it should be dealt with is wrong. I completely get Molons attitude towards it, it is misrepresented, it’s quality is not what even Bill says is what he sells. You have to weigh time into it, or lost time, how much extra does one have? I know how much I have but I can’t speak for anyone else. I have dealt with Giessele CS a few times and have been left agrivated and got no where, as have others, so at this point what ever Molon does or how he handles it, is his and no one else’s.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#37]
This thread has been great.....but I feel like it could really live up its potential if it was moved to GD.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:41:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This thread has been great.....but I feel like it could really live up its potential if it was moved to GD.
View Quote

Seconded, thirded and fourthed!
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
defending this by stating “but but look at Kac and Larue”…
View Quote

I think it’s more of this shit happens from time to time with manufacturers (i.e. my sr15 mod1 was like that), so stop beating a dead horse and try and resolve it with manufacturer” . I personally wouldn’t be happy with that if I were him, but I’d at least ATTEMPT to get it replaced.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Re read my posts, instead of quoting everyone I used generalizations, and allot of sarcasm. Do I need a box of crayons for yo as well?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would I go back to and reread your posts? I already did it once and that was enough. I know what you said, and I can only assume you so know what you said. And you're still wrong.

Yes Molon has contributed to the site, but that doesn't provide him some magical shield that stops negative criticism.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Why would I go back to and reread your posts? I already did it once and that was enough. I know what you said, and I can only assume you so know what you said. And you're still wrong.

Yes Molon has contributed to the site, but that doesn't provide him some magical shield that stops negative criticism.
View Quote

Where did I say you? What have you contributed to the better of the site and shooters in general? I’ll wait.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who puts oil on anodized aluminum? Especially if it's not a part of the action?

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 2:18:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 2:35:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Where did I say you? What have you contributed to the better of the site and shooters in general? I’ll wait.
View Quote

Lol holy shit dude. "Where did I say you" lol the fuck? Take some time of the internet boards gramps, your mind can't comprehend all these letters. Lol also, calling people out on the amount of feedback they have.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Who puts oil on anodized aluminum? Especially if it's not a part of the action?

https://media0.giphy.com/media/RLDE05bJtCZK5UiKS8/giphy.gif
View Quote

I do it periodically on my aluminum parts, recievers/rails. Soaks in for a smoother finish.

I have  old RRA and Bushmaster uppers/lowers that are smoother feeling than when new long ago. I've used BreakFree CLP for that use for a long time. Since my first AR,  a Sendra back in the mid '80s.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I do it periodically on my aluminum parts, recievers/rails. Soaks in for a smoother finish.

I have  old RRA and Bushmaster uppers/lowers that are smoother feeling than when new long ago. I've used BreakFree CLP for that use for a long time. Since my first AR,  a Sendra back in the mid '80s.
View Quote

It's aluminum. Oil is not going to protect anything because aluminum doesn't rust and the anodizing protects the aluminum from corrosion. It's 100% not necessary nor does it help do anything at all.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It's aluminum. Oil is not going to protect anything because aluminum doesn't rust and the anodizing protects the aluminum from corrosion. It's 100% not necessary nor does it help do anything at all.
View Quote

Are you a metallurgist?
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Are you a metallurgist?
View Quote

No. But I can open a book and read. Can you?
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

FIFY

No.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
FIFY

No.
View Quote

You cannot open a book and read? Pity.
Page / 20
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top