Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2022 12:05:44 AM EDT
Anyone registered to see if the prices were listed?
https://schmidinside.com/
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 6:31:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Tried getting my FFL to register last fall, no joy. Says he does well enough on RRA/CMMG.

Arfcom group buy????
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder what the buy in is. I will submit application Monday and see. A lot of places have a buy in and minimum order. Other places have no minimum.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder what the buy in is. I will submit application Monday and see. A lot of places have a buy in and minimum order. Other places have no minimum.
View Quote

In for details.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Interested.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Saw them HERE for a hundo. Ouch.

(Vendor seems sketchy)
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Saw that site. I did not even know about the Schmid site until I saw the shot show interview on youtube.
I read the map pricing thing. I guess I must have misunderstood the interview. I thought they were going to start selling straight to the public.
I will keep getting lower parts from UnbrandedAR.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:17:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:53:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I picked up a Schmid Tool 2 stage trigger last year from Botach for just under $60 shipped.

Comparable to PSA or Anderson, good value for the $$$. Cheapest 2stage besides that was a RRA 2stage for $79 from RTB.

Botach carries some other Schmid parts as well.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 5:06:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Deleted by author
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:50:06 AM EDT
[#10]
They seem to make most of the triggers for everybody else.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Schmid nickel Teflon single stage triggers are my go to for single stage trigger needs.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 2:40:22 PM EDT
[#12]
At one point PSA was using Schmid parts in their premium LPK's. A rifle I assembled using a circa-2015 PSA Premium 16" CHF build kit has a Schmid trigger, hammer, and safety. No idea on the other parts but the whole kit was one of the best I've seen come from PSA and it has a really nice single stage trigger.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
At one point PSA was using Schmid parts in their premium LPK's. A rifle I assembled using a circa-2015 PSA Premium 16" CHF build kit has a Schmid trigger, hammer, and safety. No idea on the other parts but the whole kit was one of the best I've seen come from PSA and it has a really nice single stage trigger.
View Quote

At one point PSA was sourcing from 2 "quality OEMs". One was Schmid Tool components,  the other...undisclosed.

The Schmid kits were gtg, the other not so much IME.

I stopped using their LPKs ~'16/'18 due to the fact that you never knew what you would receive one order to the next.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

(Vendor seems sketchy)
View Quote

Not Sketchy
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Wasn't there a thread a few months back listening company's that are actively using schmid lpk?
If not, there should be.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wasn't there a thread a few months back listening company's that are actively using schmid lpk?
If not, there should be.
View Quote

You're probably recalling SOLGW. No experience,  but I think that their kits are Schmid sourced, or at least partially.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I picked up a Schmid Tool 2 stage trigger last year from Botach for just under $60 shipped.

Comparable to PSA or Anderson, good value for the $$$. Cheapest 2stage besides that was a RRA 2stage for $79 from RTB.

Botach carries some other Schmid parts as well.
View Quote
The PSA two stage is Schmid.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:11:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
They still use Schmid, but it's not the sole source. I went to one of the two stores that are local to me and bought a bag full of Schmid disconnectors, beefy safeties and mag catches. I just had to sort through the bins and find the S.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They still use Schmid, but it's not the sole source.
View Quote

Therein was my issue personally. I don't like surprises from one order to the next.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Here is the kit I got.  It is the "GI" version which is as close as you can get to the mil-spec M16 group without the full auto parts.  

Branding is "Gun Nuts" by Schmid Inside.

Fire control group is all Schmid marked "S" as is the selector and bolt catch.
All other parts are unmarked, though I've never seen them marked by any OEM.  
Solid black phosphate finish and cadmium plating on the appropriate parts
Springs all look standard, selector and disconnect spring are ground on the ends as they should be

Hammer and Trigger have the typical Schmid style grind on the mating surfaces.

If you are looking for the closest to mil-spec you can get, I guess this is probably it.  All the parts come from Schmid so it's not a "Schmid Upgrade" or "Sourced from Schmid, maybe" kit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:20:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here is the kit I got.  It is the "GI" version which is as close as you can get to the mil-spec M16 group without the full auto parts.  

Branding is "Gun Nuts" by Schmid Inside.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/44357/IMG_5150-2254254.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/44357/IMG_5151-2254257.jpg

Fire control group is all Schmid marked "S" as is the selector and bolt catch.
All other parts are unmarked, though I've never seen them marked by any OEM.  
Solid black phosphate finish and cadmium plating on the appropriate parts
Springs all look standard, selector and disconnect spring are ground on the ends as they should be

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/44357/IMG_5152-2254255.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/44357/IMG_5154-2254256.jpg

Hammer and Trigger have the typical Schmid style grind on the mating surfaces.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/44357/IMG_5153-2254258.jpg

If you are looking for the closest to mil-spec you can get, I guess this is probably it.  All the parts come from Schmid so it's not a "Schmid Upgrade" or "Sourced from Schmid, maybe" kit.
View Quote

Source?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Source?
View Quote

Source for what?  I bought the kit, took it out of the bag, took photos.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Source?

Where did you source (buy) it?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Gotcha, sorry, I took that as the normal AR15.com "cite your obvious references" request.   Link you listed above.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:06:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Gotcha, sorry, I took that as the normal AR15.com "cite your obvious references" request.   Link you listed above.
View Quote

Cool, thanks.

ETA: And no, not trying to be a dick, I should have worded my post better.

I'm pretty leery about unknowns regarding vendors.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

(Vendor seems sketchy)
View Quote
That is bad ass they released a commercial LPK!
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:48:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Not a complete Schmid Tool LPK. "Upgraded" kit with Schmid parts.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(Vendor seems sketchy)

Curious as to FFL pricing and details.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(Vendor seems sketchy)

Vendor also lists an Ambi GI LPK for $10 more.  Same Schmidt parts, but both arms on the selector are the long type.
THIS ONE
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Vendor also lists an Ambi GI LPK for $10 more.  Same Schmidt parts, but both arms on the selector are the long type.
THIS ONE
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

(Vendor seems sketchy)

THIS ONE

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:59:41 PM EDT
[#31]
I noticed that on the Schmid website they offer kits with their two stage trigger. Seems like the ideal package if the price is reasonable. I hope these become readily available.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#32]
The Schmid ambi safety is pretty nice. Expo Arms sells it for $20. I as a rule do not use them but I have a wrong handed wife and am building a rifle for her that uses one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 5:12:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The Schmid ambi safety is pretty nice. Expo Arms sells it for $20. I as a rule do not use them but I have a wrong handed wife and am building a rifle for her that uses one.
View Quote

Midway sells them under their house brand  (AR Stoner), Aero and Botach have em as well.

Solid kit, I dumped them due to the long lever digging into my hand.

Sionics has/had them as well, only with the off side lever shortened similar to the Colt/FN offerings for the M4A1.
ETA :
Sionics:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:29:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Midway sells them under their house brand  (AR Stoner), Aero and Botach have em as well.

Sionics has/had them as well, only with the off side lever shortened similar to the Colt/FN offerings for the M4A1.
ETA :
Sionics:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416992/Screenshot_20220126-151246_Samsung_Inter-2255419.JPG
View Quote

I like them. I am usually not a fan of ambi safeties, but the simplicity and quality of these make them a viable option.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I like them. I am usually not a fan of ambi safeties, but the simplicity and quality of these make them a viable option.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA :
Sionics:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416992/Screenshot_20220126-151246_Samsung_Inter-2255419.JPG

Agreed, quality parts for sure. Just not comfortable for me personally.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:06:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

ETA :
Sionics:

View Quote

Interesting.  Looks like they are modifying the standard lever and cutting it short.  Looking at the mold mark, it's from the same mold or they would have moved the "S" to a location that would be more clear.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Interesting.  Looks like they are modifying the standard lever and cutting it short.  Looking at the mold mark, it's from the same mold or they would have moved the "S" to a location that would be more clear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA :
Sionics:

Yeah, somebody is modding them.

Seen guys do it and have them reparked before. This is the first vendor that I've seen selling them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#38]
After reading this thread last weekend, I also wondered where to pic up a Schmid lpk.  Years ago(10-15?), Stag arms was believed to offer one of the best standard LPKs because they were Schmid parts.  I had a few and still have one left that I bought back then.  The Stag lpk I have left has an "S" on all the parts it should.  It's also covered in that dark, sticky oil that it originally was packaged in with the parts themselves, having that slightly green hue that for some reason I like.  So, due to my curiosity, I ordered an LPK directly from Stag Arms on Sunday.  It arrived today and all the major parts have the "S" like the old ones did.  The only major change that I see other than a slightly darker color to all the parts and slightly different ways of marking them is the replacement of the flat head screw for the pistol grip to the allen style.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 1:00:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
After reading this thread last weekend, I also wondered where to pic up a Schmid lpk.  Years ago(10-15?), Stag arms was believed to offer one of the best standard LPKs because they were Schmid parts.  I had a few and still have one left that I bought back then.  The Stag lpk I have left has an "S" on all the parts it should.  It's also covered in that dark, sticky oil that it originally was packaged in with the parts themselves, having that slightly green hue that for some reason I like.  So, due to my curiosity, I ordered an LPK directly from Stag Arms on Sunday.  It arrived today and all the major parts have the "S" like the old ones did.  The only major change that I see other than a slightly darker color to all the parts and slightly different ways of marking them is the replacement of the flat head screw for the pistol grip to the allen style.
View Quote

The one for 65? Can you post pictures too please?

This may be the best deal on a schmid kit right now.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Confirms my love for those early Stag kits!  We were just talking about this in another thread.  Seems they had fallen to a cheaper manufacturer around the '17 timeframe ?

Would love to see a pic
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't remember seeing the S on the Bolt Catches from the earlier 2009 to 2012

Stag kits, is this something new?
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I don't remember seeing the S on the Bolt Catches from the earlier 2009 to 2012

Stag kits, is this something new?
View Quote

I have one Stag kit minus FCG left in a bag, circa 2013.  I will get pics
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Stag seems to have changed some things regarding their kits.

Their BF sale a few years back ran me off.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#44]
off of Stags website.

lower_parts_kit-0148__70477(1) by brandon hobock, on Flickr" />

idk if the entire lpk is schmid, it may well be.

i do see elsewhere on their site the schmid 2 stage.
is the schmid S usually only on one side of the selector ?

i was planning on picking up the kit from sionics with the ambi, and i found a third party site selling sionics upper parts which i assume would also be schmid.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#45]
FWIW all the ALG LPKs I've purchased in the past have used Schmid parts.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 10:39:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

is the schmid S usually only on one side of the selector ?

View Quote

Yes.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 11:01:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks for the link, picked up a few.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top