Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/16/2021 10:46:25 PM EDT
Going to upgrade my milspec trigger in an AR.   Was looking at a few today.   The Sons of Liberty Fighting Trigger was one a local shop had in stock.   Looking in the 4.5-5.5 pound range.  

Not looking to drop a shitload in this as if its nice I'll probably get a couple.

Any sweet options I should look at?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#1]
In before 900 LaRue MBT recommendations.

Mine recommendation? LaRue MBT.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I read good things about the centurion (ast) trigger $93.50
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:52:09 PM EDT
[#3]
ALG ACT, 5.5lbs.

Great triggers IME.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:55:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody mention LaRue yet?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:58:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure a lot of people would recommend a LaRue MBT but I will differ and recommend a LaRue MBT.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Ummm... MBT-2S

(I have 5)
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ALG ACT, 5.5lbs.

Great triggers IME.
View Quote

I love the ACT. For a combat trigger, this is where it’s at
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:09:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
ALG ACT, 5.5lbs.

Great triggers IME.
View Quote

+1. I have 3 of them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:20:37 PM EDT
[#10]
The Larue single stage trigger is the best duty/carry trigger. I couldnt not believe how good it was until I got one. I was in the middle of replacing all my various NiB triggers (ALG, Spikes, PSA) with MBT-1’s and now they are unavailable.

Sad
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:20:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Got 3 MBTs and they are great for under $100.  Got my first Geissele for Christmas. Gosh damn that thing is nice.  Worth $50-$100 more? I would have said no in December.   Now I think it could very well be.  Crazy nice. Good luck op
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:09:09 AM EDT
[#12]
How long is the MBT backorder??
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:14:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I love the ACT. For a combat trigger, this is where it’s at
View Quote

Quoted:

+1. I have 3 of them.
View Quote

Same, I have them in a couple of guns myself.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:27:55 AM EDT
[#14]
FPNI as always
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:46:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
ALG ACT, 5.5lbs.

Great triggers IME.
View Quote

Came to post this
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:52:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Hyperfire sharp shooter -- lightweight option
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:49:05 AM EDT
[#17]
ALG ACT when they go on sale.  Never paid over $50 for them.

I also really like the BCM triggers.

Yeah I also enjoy my Larue.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:56:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
ALG ACT, 5.5lbs.

Great triggers IME.
View Quote
Absolutely!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:43:39 AM EDT
[#19]
I have BCM, ALG and SOLGW and SOLGW is my favorite one but want to try centurion.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:48:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Going to upgrade my milspec trigger in an AR.   Was looking at a few today.   The Sons of Liberty Fighting Trigger was one a local shop had in stock.   Looking in the 4.5-5.5 pound range.  

Not looking to drop a shitload in this as if its nice I'll probably get a couple.

Any sweet options I should look at?
View Quote

I have been building for 11 years. Recently I cant find my fave CMC 3.5lb straight bow trigger for $99 anymore.
I MUST have a straight trigger. I was amazed at the results of mating a Bullmoose Tactical trigger with an ALG Combat hammer. Lighter Nic Taylor springs too.  Never had a light strike.
NO TAKE UP! About 1mm of creep. Short, loud reset. BETTER than the ALG Combat curved trigger! Much better IMO.
Total cost was about $50 plus the hammer.
Prolly get good results with a polished Mil Spec hammer.

http://bullmoosetactical.com/BMT-AR-Skeletonized-Trigger_p_66.html
https://www.taylor-tactical-supply.com/ar-skeletonized-trigger-p/ar-bm-trigger.htm
http://nictaylor00.blogspot.com/2019/05/ar15-ar10-flat-match-quality-trigger.html
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:09:52 AM EDT
[#21]
I think I read somewhere there is a company in Texas, possibly Larue Tactical that is selling triggers now.....I have not heard much about them, but they may be a good option

The ALG ACT like Tig mentioned is a good option, I removed a Larue 1S and installed an ACT in its place and like it better

Good luck finding a Centurion trigger now, I have been looking for what seems months for one.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:16:29 AM EDT
[#22]
The LaRue single stage trigger was very nice, but is no longer available.  Personally though, I believe the Hyperfire Designated Marksman trigger is even better.  The trigger flattens out at the bottom giving you two different finger points you can use for two different trigger pulls.  If you pull it in the middle curved portion you get a very nice traditional feel with ~ a 5 pound pull.  If you put your finger on the bottom flat portion of the trigger you get a super light 3.5 pound pull for precision shots

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Hiperfire-AR15-AR10-Hipertouch-EDT-Designated-Mark-p/hf-edtdm.htm

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#23]
4 to 6 weeks BO on MBT curved.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#24]
MBT is overrated.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:14:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
In before 900 LaRue MBT recommendations.

Mine recommendation? LaRue MBT.
View Quote

This...but "Back Order" status.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ha! Great question and it just reminded me that I had one on order. Totally forgot about it since it was in early December!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:33:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Ha! Great question and it just reminded me that I had one on order. Totally forgot about it since it was in early December!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered a MBT-2S Straight Bow back on Dec 9th and it shipped out via UPS two days ago (Friday).

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:34:45 AM EDT
[#28]
BCM, ALG, SOLGW, etc are all just using the Schmidt Tool trigger. They may be applying the coating in house, not sure on that but the markings on the trigger are obvious. Schmidt is obviously great quality, but I'd say that these polished/coated mil spec triggers are not nearly as transformative as a nice 2 stage. They are definitely a step up from a standard mil spec trigger, but if you are shooting groups I definitely find that benefit from a two stage. Brownells sells the Schmidt Tool triggers with nickel teflon coating for $40, and RTB has them as well. They are a good option but I wouldn't pay over $50 for one.

I have an MBT and it is excellent, highly recommend it. Only shot it with the light spring so far but may try out the heavier one for a more positive reset.

Schmidt tool also makes a two stage that other companies rebrand including aero, KAK, centurion, etc. Apparently there are some slight differences between the rebrands, but it's no obvious what. I'd be interested in trying them out.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I have been building for 11 years. Recently I cant find my fave CMC 3.5lb straight bow trigger for $99 anymore.
I MUST have a straight trigger. I was amazed at the results of mating a Bullmoose Tactical trigger with an ALG Combat hammer. Lighter Nic Taylor springs too.  Never had a light strike.
NO TAKE UP! About 1mm of creep. Short, loud reset. BETTER than the ALG Combat curved trigger! Much better IMO.
Total cost was about $50 plus the hammer.
Prolly get good results with a polished Mil Spec hammer.

http://bullmoosetactical.com/BMT-AR-Skeletonized-Trigger_p_66.html
https://www.taylor-tactical-supply.com/ar-skeletonized-trigger-p/ar-bm-trigger.htm
http://nictaylor00.blogspot.com/2019/05/ar15-ar10-flat-match-quality-trigger.html
View Quote

I’ve been doing this setup for awhile.

BMT flat trigger, Nic Taylor light springs, Nic Taylor take up grip screw and then i bob the factory hammer. If you don’t bob the hammer, you can get light primer strikes because the hammer spring doesn’t have enough ooomph to push the hammer fast enough. If you don’t want to get out a dremel and cut the big hook off the hammer, just buy an Anderson factory stainless hammer, it works as well since it’s already factory bobbed. Less spring weight needs a lighter hammer.

When I do that combo, i get a 4 to 4.2 pound trigger pull and never have a problem with primers igniting. The only Ammo I use is brass so I cannot promise wolf steel case will work.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#30]
People on here throw around the word combat here like the military like to throw around the term tactical.

A trigger isn’t a combat trigger unless it is used in combat. There are a lot of good triggers that are reliable and won’t let you down. That is what you want in your rifle
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:49:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
People on here throw around the word combat here like the military like to throw around the term tactical.

A trigger isn’t a combat trigger unless it is used in combat. There are a lot of good triggers that are reliable and won’t let you down. That is what you want in your rifle
View Quote

I disagree, I think the term combat or service trigger makes an important distinction.   For instance, some triggers with light hammers and or springs give a light hammer stroke which may be problematic for some hard primered military ammo, or some com block ammo.  More important than the feel of the trigger is the reliability, IMHO.  That's why I don't like lighter hammers or hammer springs, I want a hammer force that is significant enough to still ignite hard primers under adverse conditions (heavy fouling, extreme cold, etc).

Furthermore, a trigger pull that is too light can be inadvertently fired under stressful conditions (combat) and is not optimal for combat.  Therefore I don't like a trigger pull that is too light on a combat gun (lighter than say 5lbs).  This is why Wilson offers a "mil" version of their TTU trigger that has a slightly heavier pull.

The Hyperfire Designated Marksman trigger checks all the boxes.  Hard hammer strikes, great pull of around 5 lbs with green spring (which hits harder than a mil spec spring), and still gives you the option of a lighter pull IF you want it with the bottom flat portion of the trigger.

Also, the trigger has almost zero creep, even LaRues single stage has noticeable creep (more than I would like).
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:12:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
ALG ACT, 5.5lbs.

Great triggers IME.
View Quote

This.....
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I disagree, I think the term combat or service trigger makes an important distinction.   For instance, some triggers with light hammers and or springs give a light hammer stroke which may be problematic for some hard primered military ammo, or some com block ammo.  More important than the feel of the trigger is the reliability, IMHO.  That's why I don't like lighter hammers or hammer springs, I want a hammer force that is significant enough to still ignite hard primers under adverse conditions (heavy fouling, extreme cold, etc).

Furthermore, a trigger pull that is too light can be inadvertently fired under stressful conditions (combat) and is not optimal for combat.  Therefore I don't like a trigger pull that is too light on a combat gun (lighter than say 5lbs).  This is why Wilson offers a "mil" version of their TTU trigger that has a slightly heavier pull.

The Hyperfire Designated Marksman trigger checks all the boxes.  Hard hammer strikes, great pull of around 5 lbs with green spring (which hits harder than a mil spec spring), and still gives you the option of a lighter pull IF you want it with the bottom flat portion of the trigger.

Also, the trigger has almost zero creep, even LaRues single stage has noticeable creep (more than I would like).
View Quote

I have been in combat. You can’t just put the term combat in front of something and now it is combined in a certain group. I have seen AKs held together with duct tape in combat. You can justify it in your head however you want
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I have been in combat. You can’t just put the term combat in front of something and now it is combined in a certain group. I have seen AKs held together with duct tape in combat. You can justify it in your head however you want
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are well aware of what the OP meant when he made the distinction of a "combat trigger", I further elaborated on what he meant to help clarify.  Going into combat with any item doesn't make that item combat worthy (can take anything into combat, doesn't make it a good idea), so your "point" doesn't actually make sense.  

Also, can you actually logically refute anything I said in my prior post or are you just being pretentious for the sake of it?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

All I mean by that is I don't want a super light competition trigger.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You are well aware of what the OP meant when he made the distinction of a "combat trigger", I further elaborated on what he meant to help clarify.  Going into combat with any item doesn't make that item combat worthy (can take anything into combat, doesn't make it a good idea), so your "point" doesn't actually make sense.  

Also, can you actually logically refute anything I said in my prior post or are you just being pretentious for the sake of it?
View Quote

I am saying you are putting too much emphasis on the term combat because, unless you are using it for combat, it is a moot term that people just like to throw around. A quality and reliable trigger will do the trick, easy. A quality and reliable trigger should be able to ignite any ammunition, as long as it is ammunition that is safe to fire.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:44:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is all I was asking, trying to avoid people recommending some 2 lb pull comp triggers.  This would be going into a self defense rifle and I'd rather the pull still be around 5 pounds, give or take a half pound.

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone.  Seems like there are a few nice options at this price point.  I'll start seeing what kind of deals I can track down.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Let us know what you decide on, Bigerr!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Single stage, min 5.5 lbs pull for a milspec.

Everyone has their pet.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Single stage, min 5.5 lbs pull for a milspec.

Everyone has their pet.
View Quote

This.

I think when Combat/Duty/Tactical term is used, it's used specifically to determine the USE CASE/Scenario. Competition/3-Gun is a term for the other use case/scenario.  Usually indicating the pull weight. You're not gonna see something labelled as competition with a 5 lbs pull or something labelled as combat with a 2.5 lbs pull.

I would say most triggers out there meet or exceed the "milspec" definition. Some competition triggers have light primer strikes, but that has been fixed with most companies the last couple years (CMC, efltmann).

With that said, Larue MBT 1s/2s are great offerings. I've heard great things about Hyperfire EDT. JSE carries a dope ass adjustable trigger. Add a hammer, springs, and disconnector and you have a trigger that meets or exceeds most of the above for about 100ish. I personally thought it was ugly so I dremeled the back side of it. Now it looks better.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#41]
I got a few of the Centurion Arms triggers from Rainer Arms an really like them. Also Have a few Larues an they are nice. But the The CA's are in stock at Rainers Arms right now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This is all I was asking, trying to avoid people recommending some 2 lb pull comp triggers.  This would be going into a self defense rifle and I'd rather the pull still be around 5 pounds, give or take a half pound.

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone.  Seems like there are a few nice options at this price point.  I'll start seeing what kind of deals I can track down.
View Quote

The term combat is just very subjective is all. ALG ACT is what you want
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:08:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Another vote for the ALG trigger.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:39:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:43:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm sure a lot of people would recommend a LaRue MBT but I will differ and recommend a LaRue MBT.
View Quote

FALARAK - You're post is completely WRONG!

The only correctly answer is the LaRue MBT...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#46]
How does the G2S compare to an MBT?

I know it’s a little north of $100 but it still could be worth considering.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:54:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Let us know what you decide on, Bigerr!
View Quote

Just ordered the Hipertouch EDT Designated Marksman Trigger.  I was really wavering on this or the Larue but in the end I think the features sold it.  

I'll pick up a LaRue for my 300 BO build down the line.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:00:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Just ordered the Hipertouch EDT Designated Marksman Trigger.  I was really wavering on this or the Larue but in the end I think the features sold it.  

I'll pick up a LaRue for my 300 BO build down the line.
View Quote

I would recommend against the ALG. I had a spikes enhanced trigger and the ALG had more creep and was simply equal to a few of the nicer mil spec triggers I have in my arsenal.

The MBT and SSA were miles ahead of the ALG. In the end I sold the SSA as well.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:49:03 AM EDT
[#49]
BCM PNT, right at the. 6-6.5 range but each of the 4 or 5 I have are consistent and amazingly smooth. Great single stage trigger
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:30:13 AM EDT
[#50]
The ALG QMS trigger is my absolute favorite, honestly. I even prefer it to the $250+ Giessele, or KAC triggers.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top