BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/13/2021 9:59:02 PM EDT
Hey there! I live in Moscow, Russia and I've got a couple Russian-made ARs.

My first rifle is a St-Petersburg-made ADAR 2-15. It's basically a no-frills milspec AR with a 16" barrel and a cheap M-Lok handguard. I've dressed it up a bit with Magpul furniture, so this is how it looks now:

Here's a better view of markings on the side:

My other AR is a Moscow-made FORT AR-15. It's a basic AR as well, but this one has a 12,5" barrel, which is the shortest you can have because of overall length requirements.

This is the carbine with the original handguard:

I've since changed the handguard to a Midwest Industries one, and this is how I normally have the FORT set up:

Side markings

A range pic with both rifles

Both rifles have heavy-profile chrome-lined Molot barrels. The upper and lower receivers are supposedly Taiwanese, and smaller components probably come from China. There are companies in Russia that also make ARs and cut their own receivers on CNC's, and I'll probably show them in another post.

Stock triggers were milspec. I currently have KE ARMS SLT-1 triggers in both rifles.

I'd love to answer whatever questions you have, now that I've been able to join the forum.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:05:29 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the law regarding AR or any other rifle ownership in Russia? Can you give a synopsis on it?
In one of the pictures the trigger pins are not in the hole. Looks odd. Is the stock & handguard a Chinese copy?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice, noticed the same thing about the pins in the picture.  

Would be cool to have one of those in the States, but they will probably never be imported.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:16:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the law regarding AR or any other rifle ownership in Russia? Can you give a synopsis on it?
In one of the pictures the trigger pins are not in the hole. Looks odd. Is the stock & handguard a Chinese copy?
View Quote

I had issues with trigger pins walking out with the stock trigger on the FORT carbine. It's been fine since I changed the trigger.

The Magpul stocks are authentic, so is the MI handguard. The handguard on the first rifle might be a Chinese copy of something.

You have to own a shotgun for 5 years before you can have a rifle. Semi-auto is allowed, but full-auto is only allowed for blank-firing rifles, which these aren't. Civilian firearms are defined as having a magazine of no more than 10 rounds, but the mags themselves are not regulated, sold openly and no one cares if you use standard or high-cap mags at the range.

There's a firearm registration regime in place. The permit for a shotgun is easy to get though. Just need to be 18, not be a registered addict (and make it through an instant urine drug test) or have certain mental disorders that the state knows about. Also, you have to go through nominal training of like 3 hours of lecture and an easy 10-point quiz at the end. Repeat every 5 years.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:19:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Such irony..Russians making AR-15's, while Americans are making AK-47's.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:19:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for sharing. That's really cool to see ARs with Russian markings.

What is the cost per round for 5.56/.223?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:22:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for sharing. That's really cool to see ARs with Russian markings.

What is the cost per round for 5.56/.223?
View Quote

We're used to buying Tula and Barnaul .223 for about 11 cents a round. Right now it's all being shipped to US to be sold for 60 c/round and we barely get any.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:23:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I had issues with trigger pins walking out on with the stock trigger on the FORT carbine. It's been fine since I changed the trigger.

The Magpul stocks are authentic, so is the MI handguard. The handguard on the first rifle might be a chinese copy of something.

You have to own a shotgun for 5 years before you can have a rifle. Semi-auto is allowed, but full-auto is only allowed for blank-firing rifles, which these aren't. Civilian firearms are defined as having a magazine of no more than 10 rounds, but the mags themselves are not regulated, sold openly and no one cares if you use stangard or high-cap mags at the range.

There's a firearm registration regime in place. The permit for a shotgun is easy to get though. Just need to be 18, not be a registered addict (and make it through an instant urine drug test) or have certain mental disorders that the state knows about. Also, you have to go through nominal training of like 3 hours of lecture and an easy 10-point quiz at the end. Repeat every 5 years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had issues with trigger pins walking out on with the stock trigger on the FORT carbine. It's been fine since I changed the trigger.

The Magpul stocks are authentic, so is the MI handguard. The handguard on the first rifle might be a chinese copy of something.

You have to own a shotgun for 5 years before you can have a rifle. Semi-auto is allowed, but full-auto is only allowed for blank-firing rifles, which these aren't. Civilian firearms are defined as having a magazine of no more than 10 rounds, but the mags themselves are not regulated, sold openly and no one cares if you use stangard or high-cap mags at the range.

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing. Your laws are less strict than some states in the US. How ironic. Do you own any Russian pattern firearms?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#8]
What length barrels are on these? Looks like a 16 and maybe 14.5?

Any regulations on barrel lengths? Or can you run any length you want?

ETA: nevermind I see 12.5. You can go down to 12.5 without any additional regulations? Can you go shorter?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:27:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Very interesting. Thank you for sharing. Your laws are less strict than some states in the US. How ironic. Do you own any Russian pattern firearms?
View Quote

I've got this 1969 AKM converted into semi-auto by Molot. Also have a rubber-bullet-only semi-auto pistol, but it's not something you'd recognize.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:31:03 PM EDT
[#10]
In for more pictures.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've got this 1969 AKM converted into semi-auto by Molot. Also have a rubber-bullet-only semi-auto pistol, but it's not something you'd recognize.

https://i.imgur.com/coEQoLc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dVAZCBc.jpg
View Quote

Sweet Jesus!  That is beautiful.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:32:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Very cool. Thank you for sharing.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Huh, that's pretty cool. Now I want an AR-15 with Russian markings lol.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:34:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What length barrels are on these? Looks like a 16 and maybe 14.5?

Any regulations on barrel lengths? Or can you run any length you want?

ETA: nevermind I see 12.5. You can go down to 12.5 without any additional regulations? Can you go shorter?
View Quote

Russian law mandates minimal overall length of 800mm in fireable condition. AK's with folding stocks comply by having a blocking mechanism built into the trigger group that only lets rifles fire with the stock unfolded.

Another requirement is having a barrel length of 500mm if the barrel is detachable or having the length of 500 with the receiver.

Now, the AR kind of wrecked the Russian gun law, since the receiver as the regulated part is defined as taking part in the locking of the firearm, like in an AK. Which is not the way it is on an AR. Since the AR barrel is certainly more detachable than an ak barrel, and also the gun is able to fire with the stock removed, 12,5" is cutting it really close, and is only sold with a stock pinned in place.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sweet Jesus!  That is beautiful.
View Quote

Thanks. I'll keep it stock, since so many of them have been tacticoolized in the abscence of affordable AR-15's.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:37:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I’ll trade you an American made AK for one of those. No lowballing, I know what I have!

But in all seriousness, how much would something like that cost in Russia? Are these more on the budget side of rifles or would something like this be a more rare and premium option? Is your availability to AR-15s pretty scarce?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:39:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The Magpul stocks are authentic, so is the MI handguard. The handguard on the first rifle might be a Chinese copy of something.

View Quote

Your Kalash rocks the house!!

Where is the optimal city / location for a Russian version of Battlefield Las Vegas?

Every AR nerd must have Russian version.

Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Moscow, I guess. Nothing as cool with lots of guns to rent as BF Vegas, but some local enthusiasts will be willing to share some cool guns.

If you just want to stare at the exceedingly weird and rare stuff, go to the Tula firearms museum. All-bakelite bullpup carbines await.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I’ll trade you an American made AK for one of those. No lowballing, I know what I have!

But in all seriousness, how much would something like that cost in Russia? Are these more on the budget side of rifles or would something like this be a more rare and premium option? Is your availability to AR-15s pretty scarce?
View Quote

I got this AK second hand for $300 last summer. Budget ARs like these in their stock form start at $1400. Considering the average monthly salary of $540 we still have a long way to go. But it looks like it's been getting better in the last couple of years with more manufacturers starting to make AR's. In a lot of ways it's a reaction to us living under US arms sale sanctions imposed by the previous administration.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:55:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I got this AK second hand for $300 last summer. The budget ARs like these in their stock form start at $1400. Considering the average monthly salary of $540 we still have a long way to go. But it looks like it's been getting better in the last couple of years with more manufacturers starting to make AR's. In a lot of ways it's a reaction to us living under US arms sale sanctions imposed by the previous administration.
View Quote

Governments suck! If left alone we could manage to sell and trade wonderful firearms to each others citizens.

What does a Mosin Nagant sell for in Russia?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:59:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Governments suck! If left alone we could manage to sell and trade wonderful firearms to each others citizens.

What does a Mosin Nagant sell for in Russia?
View Quote

Ditto on governments sucking.

Okay Mosin examples go for $300+, because so many of them have been exported to the US.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:23:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Can you go for a drive, find some "public" land and just start shooting or is it restricted to ranges only?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:24:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Here's another picture of the FORT AR-15 with a 45-round Russian PufGun mag.

They make them in pink as well as a lot of other colors. They're light for their size and tend to work fine.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:26:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Can you go for a drive, find some "public" land and just start shooting or is it restricted to ranges only?
View Quote

It is restricted to ranges. Certainly doesn't stop everyone from shooting wherever is convenient and far from unwanted attention. But there's been some recent changes allowing "sighting in" at the hunting grounds.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:28:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Are you an American? Your English is better than many of our US posters.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:33:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks. Nope, born and raised in Russia. I had private language lessons as a kid, and then I practiced by reading forums and articles and consuming a lot of Youtube videos and American TV shows.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:37:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thanks. Nope, born and raised in Russia. I had private language lessons as a kid, and then I practiced by reading forums and articles and consuming a lot of Youtube videos and American TV shows.
View Quote

Interesting. If you are interested in current events and politics check out the General section of the site. Input from foreign members is always welcome in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:37:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Sacrelige!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:41:26 PM EDT
[#29]
This is an awesome post, thanks op
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:47:49 PM EDT
[#30]
I love your ARs, and wish I had a way to get a receiver set like those. Very cool, thanks for sharing.

One thing on those trigger pins walking, the first thing I'd always check is that your trigger springs are installed in the correct orientation. If the spring on the hammer is backwards you can get light primer strikes and movement on the pin. If it's oriented correctly, as below, it should hold the pin in place. If you installed a new trigger yourself and the problem went away, that probably means you got the springs right.

Anyway, just an AR tip for future reference. Don't ask me how I know

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:52:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I love your ARs, and wish I had a way to get a receiver set like those. Very cool, thanks for sharing.

One thing on those trigger pins walking, the first thing I'd always check is that your trigger springs are installed in the correct orientation. If the spring on the hammer is backwards you can get light primer strikes and movement on the pin. If it's oriented correctly, as below, it should hold the pin in place. If you installed a new trigger yourself and the problem went away, that probably means you got the springs right.

Anyway, just an AR tip for future reference. Don't ask me how I know

https://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/788/788204.jpg
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:53:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You have to own a shotgun for 5 years before you can have a rifle. Semi-auto is allowed, but full-auto is only allowed for blank-firing rifles, which these aren't. Civilian firearms are defined as having a magazine of no more than 10 rounds, but the mags themselves are not regulated, sold openly and no one cares if you use standard or high-cap mags at the range.

View Quote

So it's easier to own a rifle in Russia than some American states!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:53:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Is night vision/ thermal equipment available for you to buy there ? I have a Russian made IR laser on one of my ARs.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:02:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Is night vision/ thermal equipment available for you to buy there ? I have a Russian made IR laser on one of my ARs.
View Quote
That really is a great and interesting question. A lot of guys here are using Russian PERST IR laser/illuminators. One I've shot with several times has a PERST 3 and it's good. The illuminator especially is very strong.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:04:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Night vision equipment is forbidden to be installed on firearms, unless it's certified as hunting-type equipment. And almost all of it is certified that way, so we can do whatever. Armor of all types is also available and is pretty much unregulated.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:11:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was thinking the same
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:13:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Very cool OP. Foreign  made ARs are an interesting subject, and interesting to see That AK is really nice! Too bad we have the stupid ATF that says once a machine gun, always a machine gun. Which is not true, but the ATF still believes it. I am subscribed to a few Russian gun channels and enjoy watching a video here and there.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:14:56 AM EDT
[#38]
That's really cool.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:23:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That's really cool.  Thanks for sharing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:25:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Fascinating thread, very cool.  Thanks OP
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:06:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Could you translate mag well marking to English. Like to know what it says.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:11:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Could you translate mag well marking to English. Like to know what it says.
View Quote

Top picture:

Made in Russia
LLC "ADAR"
ADAR 2-15
.223 Rem

Bottom picture:

Made in Russia
LLC "Fort"
Fort AR-15-04
Cal. 223 Rem
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:12:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Top picture:

Made in Russia
LLC "ADAR"
ADAR 2-15
.223 Rem

Bottom picture:

Made in Russia
LLC "Fort"
Fort AR-15-04
Cal. 223 Rem
View Quote

Cool, thanks!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:35:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Neat thread and this got me wondering about the cost of living in your country after seeing your monthly salary. It makes sense after seeing this.  

Summary of cost of living in Russia
Family of four estimated monthly costs: $2,077 (??? 152,565)
Single person estimated monthly costs: $1,065 (??? 78,274)
Russia is the 2nd cheapest country in Eastern Europe (11 out of 12)
Cost of living in Russia is cheaper than in 88% of countries in the World (67 out of 76)

What are your seasons like there? Like how long are the winter months?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:40:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Nyet, rifle is fine.
Awesome pics OP, thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:43:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Neat thread and this got me wondering about the cost of living in your country after seeing your monthly salary. It makes sense after seeing this.  

Summary of cost of living in Russia
Family of four estimated monthly costs: $2,077 (??? 152,565)
Single person estimated monthly costs: $1,065 (??? 78,274)
Russia is the 2nd cheapest country in Eastern Europe (11 out of 12)
Cost of living in Russia is cheaper than in 88% of countries in the World (67 out of 76)

What are your seasons like there? Like how long are the winter months?
View Quote

Got to say, those are some pretty optimistic monthly costs. See my $540 average monthly salary comment above.

In Moscow summers are hot with temperatures up to +30 celsius. Winter lasts 3-4 months. We expect -26 celsius next monday. So it's all very defined, get to see all different seasons.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:50:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

????????????
?? ??????????? ????????? ??????? ?? ????????? ????? ????? ?? ??????????? ? ?????? ??????? ? ??? ????? ???????? ? ?? ????? ?????? ??????? ?????? ???????????
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:03:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Very interesting! If only the sanctions weren't in place. A Russian-made AR would be incredibly cool to have, especially with a Molot barrel. I have some Veprs from before the sanctions with the RPK-type (though 16"/40cm) heavy barrel and that thing is a tank! Molot makes some of the best barrels in the world, and I'd love to have an AR one.

As an AK fan, I'm drooling over that AKM. If you could sell that in the United States it would put quite a bit of money in your pocket. Even Russian AKM kits built here on US receivers with inferior US AK barrels go for many thousands of dollars. I have a SGL-21 (Izmash Saiga converted by Arsenal Inc to be basically a semi auto AK103) and the aforementioned Molot Vepr FMs, and I'm spoiled because no other country's AKs I've owned, shot, or handled were anywhere near the level of quality of the Russian ones, though the Bulgarian Arsenal AKs come close. I just wish we could get more. Americans can't make 100% US AKs anywhere near the quality of the imports from Russia and Bulgaria. On the other hand, it looks like Russians have figured out how to make the AR just fine! It'd be so cool to have a Russian AR15.

So before the sanctions, were there ARs imported to Russia from the US? One post above sounded like that might've been the case. If so, what brands were imported over there?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:03:43 AM EDT
[#50]
That's pretty awesome and now you have 10% of the site debating a move to Russia.

Spasiba! (Had a thing with a Russian girl one time)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top