User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 56
Posted: 12/14/2020 6:10:16 PM EDT
https://vimeo.com/486478480

I don't want my dogs shot but this does look fun
Somebody PLEASE convince me to not buy one.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 7:49:02 AM EDT
[#1]
mine worked perfect with geissele buffer and spring. But since I bought it on an impulse, and took it out for hunting season because i use the same rifle to hunt. I would let it go at same cost to someone if they wanted it
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 3:02:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 50cal:
What weight or type buffer spring works best with the FRT? I ordered a trigger on Sunday. Shipping notice sunday morning.
I have buffers of different weights to try.
View Quote

Depends on buffer length (carbine/rifle) and barrel length. On my 11.5” carbine buffer tube setup I use a Geissele H2 and it runs incredibly fast and no stoppages unless the shooter pulls the trigger too hard.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Fak.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 8:05:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cressida] [#5]
From another thread...

Originally Posted By Bloencustoms:

The guy in the video said they DO have the customer list and to "be aware of that".
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 8:37:53 PM EDT
[#7]
@Ben

For lawyering up and fighting ATF seizures you're the public expert. Could those of us who own FRTs get your input?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Rare breed just put a video out on their Instagram saying that they did not get raided and that the dude who said they did should be ashamed for lying.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By utahvarminter:
Rare breed just put a video out on their Instagram saying that they did not get raided and that the dude who said they did should be ashamed for lying.
View Quote

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYsRQueK2O_/?utm_medium=share_sheet
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 11:22:23 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Excellent news indeed!
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:56:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Without having to read through almost 40 pages. Is there any 22lr's AR's this will work with? Either a dedicated 22lr, or a 22lr upper?

My neighbor bought one and brought it to me cause it would not cycle more than a few rounds before jamming. I tried my H3 buffer and tubbs flat wire spring from my AR and it ran perfectly.

While shooting it, the only thing I could think of would be just how fun this would be in 22lr, if it would work with any.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 11:06:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ahrion] [#13]
There's a 3 position FRT-15 mod floating in the wild out there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ahrion:
View Quote
Any other info to help locate it?
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 11:38:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RenegadeX] [#15]
Originally Posted By blwngazkit:
View Quote

Not rocket science, Just take it apart and replace.

RareBreed really needs to make a Post Sample version.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

please, don't be a cock tease.

Inquiring minds want to know
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

I’m going to get one coming ASAP. However, with the latest ruling in the patent case, I see zero way for tommy triggers to continue making these. Hell, they even call it the same damn thing; the “FRT-15-3MD”
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 12:12:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cressida] [#18]
Link for Tommy 3-way

Tommy 3-position

Tommy site
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RenegadeX:

Not rocket science, Just take it apart and replace.

RareBreed really needs to make a Post Sample version.
View Quote

Why? A postie would be completely useless.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 99HMC4:

Why? A postie would be completely useless.
View Quote

Not if you are an FFL/SOT.

There is a giant market for Post Samples by FFLs who cannot make them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Cressida:
Link for Yommy 3-way

Tommy 3-position

Tommy site
View Quote

Never heard of them, but that’s what I want.  Rare Breed not having a dedicated semi position is why I’ve never bought one.  Any reviews or vids on these Tommy Triggers?  I couldn’t find any.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 12:32:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ahrion] [#22]
Originally Posted By blwngazkit:
View Quote

My bad Ar-15triggers.com, Tommytriggers.com, and https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/921703453.They're all the same seller. Keep in mind, these include 4 set screws to secure in lower and a set screw to adjust trigger pull. It also includes some improved locking block spring/guide. Imagine pairing this with the Armament reset mod + new locking bar.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Me being me, I have one on the way. I cannot see this ending in any other way than a cease and desist. I mean, they even call it the “FRT-15-3MD”. 🙄
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 7:23:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 7:49:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I wonder what the retail cost will be for the three position FRT?
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Neat!
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
I wonder what the retail cost will be for the three position FRT?
View Quote

Like I said in a different thread, way, WAY cheaper than an M16.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:28:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: panthermark] [#28]
I'm assuming a bunch of single position FRTs' will be dumped on the market.
If someone were buying/selling one, how do you tell  version 1 from version 2?  When was the update made?
Asking for a friend.
ETA - Never mind....found it after going through the thread again.   Those ordered after 3/1/21 were slightly update.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Well, looks like I got the ball rolling on the FB groups with my posts. Had a nice long phone call with Lawrence this morning after I posted. I definitely still support him.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:31:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Ridgeline001:
Did he say 3 position?
View Quote

Very very excited. That's what I've been waiting on.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 12:03:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 12:08:57 AM EDT
[#32]
I think the FL address was the lawyers address
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Did he say 3 position?
View Quote

Nothing like poking the bear.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#34]
RARE BREED TRIGGER 3rd POSITION TRIGGER!!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Did he say 3 position?
View Quote

That’s what I’ve been wanting for!  IN!  TY for the link
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Take that video, set it to 1080 60fps playback and set the playback speed to .25 on the slow end. You can watch his finger move forward to the reset position and back as he pulls the trigger again. You can also see the muscles tension in his forearm change as his finger moves between reset and fire. I'm quite sure capturing that clearly with the recording was intentional. Is Rare Breed a shot show exhibitor?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 12:44:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Wangstang:
Take that video, set it to 1080 60fps playback and set the playback speed to .25 on the slow end. You can watch his finger move forward to the reset position and back as he pulls the trigger again. You can also see the muscles tension in his forearm change as his finger moves between reset and fire. I'm quite sure capturing that clearly with the recording was intentional. Is Rare Breed a shot show exhibitor?
View Quote

Have you sloothed out that this thing works exactly the way they say it does?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 1:01:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By new21022:

Have you sloothed out that this thing works exactly the way they say it does?
View Quote

Web postings can make it hard to detect sarcasm at times...

All that said, the point of my post was I'm pretty sure that particular angle, video quality and frame rate were created and posted to announce the 3 position trigger group so they can point back to the actions required for function if/when the design is evaluated for legal compliance. Many of the other RBT videos were taken for commercial marketing and didn't fully capture what you can see in that angle.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Wangstang:

Web postings can make it hard to detect sarcasm at times...

All that said, the point of my post was I'm pretty sure that particular angle, video quality and frame rate were created and posted to announce the 3 position trigger group so they can point back to the actions required for function if/when the design is evaluated for legal compliance. Many of the other RBT videos were taken for commercial marketing and didn't fully capture what you can see in that angle.
View Quote

Imma go out on a limb here. I don’t see how any video angle or editing will have ANY legal weight. Zero. None. Nada. On the functional legality of their trigger. Neither does having a select fire option. I honestly think talking about the video angles is a waste of time and moot.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Does anyone know if the FRT-15 will function with a LW BCG and the TACCOM buffer/spring combo?  I have an 11.5" I would love to put one in, but don't want to damage anything if it's not compatible.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By RedAngus:
Does anyone know if the FRT-15 will function with a LW BCG and the TACCOM buffer/spring combo?  I have an 11.5" I would love to put one in, but don't want to damage anything if it's not compatible.
View Quote

Nope.  I had to use a normal buffer and an Xtra power spring.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:27:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: H4ppyB34r] [#42]
Mine runs great, albeit super fast, with a titanium carrier, carbine buffer and blue sprinco spring.

Like 900+ rpm fast

I has a different stock on it now

10.5in barrel with Sandman S or K
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Has anyone run the FRT on a DD 14.5” mid length barrel, unsuppressed?

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:34:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBills-AR] [#44]
Originally Posted By RedAngus:
View Quote

It can be trial and error. Lesson I learned is make sure you BCG is not hitting the locking bar when you close the upper. Some have been able to get it to work with slightly pulling back on the charging handle to get it to close. I did not have such luck. I did lots of work to get it running very quickly. The spring and buffer weight only changes the speed for me. I also had to do a adj gas block because I was running over gassed. I have made many post about it. Some get lucky and instal and it's fine. Mine was a lot of trial and error and working with RBT. I should add I am running a 7.5" barrel the shorter the barrel the harder it is to get running well from my experience. I have many different uppers I have used. So after all the work I have done it runs flawless at over 1,000 RPM. I encourage people to run a H2 reg spring and keep that as a base line. I tried swapping all kinds of weights and springs and got lost, so I started over and the adj gas block made the biggest difference for me along with the correct size BCG. For me when I drop in a H3 it slows down and get a little stutter. Hammer follow is a issue usually because the BCG is hitting the locking bar to soon. Any longer than what's shown in the pic did not work for me. Causing hammer follow.

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 5:30:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK_Mike] [#45]
That tail is a bit on the long side so should work fine.  I just don't understand these issues everyone has.  I just drop the trigger into a lower (which I build, basic parts), H3 buffer, Full auto carrier - and presto, full function.  None of my three triggers ever has a problem in 5.56, 300BK, 9mm, and shortly I assume .22. I'm not using special parts other than a Wolff xtra power spring which isn't necessary.  Uppers from 11.5" to 20".  All my carriers measure at least 1.57".  I've run 5K or 6K rounds through my first trigger and no issues, no spring problems, just keeps running and running with any upper I throw on it.  Don't need all these extra springs I bought.  On every gun I have with an FRT-15, I usually have to pull the charging handle just a smidge to close the receivers.  I only experience hammer follow with bolt bounce, cured by an H2 or H3 buffer.  I get bolt bounce in my 9mm PCC if I don't go heavier than 5.4oz/H3 (I run an 8.5 in slow semi auto, or 12oz with FRT because it's suppressed) but my friend's PCC shot fine with 4.7oz and regular spring but it ran very very fast, which is fine if you like that.  I like it slower.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By AK_Mike:
That tail is a bit on the long side so should work fine.  I just don't understand these issues everyone has.  I just drop the trigger into a lower (which I build, basic parts), H3 buffer, Full auto carrier - and presto, full function.  None of my three triggers ever has a problem in 5.56, 300BK, 9mm, and shortly I assume .22. I'm not using special parts other than a Wolff xtra power spring which isn't necessary.  Uppers from 11.5" to 20".  All my carriers measure at least 1.57".  I've run 5K or 6K rounds through my first trigger and no issues, no spring problems, just keeps running and running with any upper I throw on it.  Don't need all these extra springs I bought.  On every gun I have with an FRT-15, I usually have to pull the charging handle just a smidge to close the receivers.  I only experience hammer follow with bolt bounce, cured by an H2 or H3 buffer.  I get bolt bounce in my 9mm PCC if I don't go heavier than 5.4oz/H3 (I run an 8.5 in slow semi auto, or 12oz with FRT because it's suppressed) but my friend's PCC shot fine with 4.7oz and regular spring but it ran very very fast, which is fine if you like that.  I like it slower.
View Quote

Yeah it's definitely hit or miss with theses triggers. I actually had to get my first one replaced. It was a pain to get them to do it. But I think the quality control maybe questionable at times. Like I posted some like you have no issues and others like me end up beating our heads against the wall trying to get it to work. I could write a full page on everything I went through. Some of it was just bad luck. After everything I learned, I have probably helped more than 5 people get theirs running.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#47]
People have to understand these are more complicated than normal semi auto triggers. People are used to trouble shooting semi auto problems, not full auto type timing problems. For years the tail length of the bolt carrier hasn't mattered to 99.9% of AR shooters. Add an FRT and it's immediately important. Use a standard buffer and a regular semi auto rarely cares. Mix it with a FRT and you've got a consistently dead gun. Have a normal AR with a few thousandths mismatch between the upper/lower pins and thr fcg pins, it doesn't matter. Do it with a FRT and it's got timing issues. Have a bolt carrier that's to short, more timing issues. Upper that's longer or shorter a few thousandths affecting where the BCG stops, more timing issues.

Lots of parts come into play that are almost irrelevant in the function of normal AR's.

Thankfully, most guns are pretty close to mil spec and just need a H2 or H3 buffer added.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#48]
MrGunsAndGear and MilitaryArmsChannel, plus the GOA, publishing videos about a leaked ATF email where the ATF is planning to seize these triggers from distributors and retailers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:35:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Leaked Email: The ATF Is Planning On Seizing Items Starting Tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:37:24 PM EDT
[#50]
ALERT: Leaked internal ATF email - ATF moving on FRT and WOT triggers.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 56
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top