User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 56
Posted: 12/14/2020 6:10:16 PM EDT
https://vimeo.com/486478480

I don't want my dogs shot but this does look fun
Somebody PLEASE convince me to not buy one.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 1:20:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Any updates on the legal aspects??

Feel like I'm missing something.  The FAFT issues a cease and desist or whatever it was.  RBT sues them.  Case gets dismissed (no one ever explained the complacency of allowing that to happen either).  And now over the past couple months.... just....nothing??  

Is this like the braces and pistol uppers there was a lot of fuss about but nothing happened?  ....or the calm before the raid?  

Link Posted: 11/26/2021 1:29:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Braced guns and 80%'s are under the gun. Fed gov is relatively slow moving and will spend months/years going through comments. Eventually they'll publish a final rule with an effective date.

I think the bumpstock ban took around 18 months to implement.

I wouldn't be surprised to see ATF raid rare breed sometime.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 1:41:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Braced guns and 80%'s are under the gun. Fed gov is relatively slow moving and will spend months/years going through comments. Eventually they'll publish a final rule with an effective date.

View Quote

If Vegas would accept it, I'd bet the farm on a raid happening.  How else would an over-funded bully respond when a little guy tells them to go fuck themselves?  

But as of now, no news on the situation with either side since the dismissal?
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 1:44:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't heard anything.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 2:06:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven't heard anything.
View Quote

Ok. And what you said about the gov taking their time does make sense.

Just doesn't make sense on the side of RBT.  Why go through the trouble of:

1.  Telling them to go fuck themselves
2. Bring a suit against them
3.  Make vids updating everyone every few weeks being pretty clear about their thoughts/intent.
4.  Screw up what would appear to be a pretty obvious date/limit.

Then......just nothing and continue business as usual.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 5:28:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cressida] [#6]
He's trying to dump inventory as fast as he can, without letting on that he thinks alphabet soup people will shut him down.
This way he can bank enough of the profit from selling what looks like about $100 worth of trigger for nearly $400, that you have to spend in the neighborhood of $100 - $200 on more parts to make it work better.

If in fact he puts 200-300 units up for sale every week, that is one hell of a profit pay check.

Might be worth the fleecing is in fact part of it went as a retainer, so we had some protection to our identities because we were 'clients',
or he included improvements being figured out by our guy here (Armament), or both.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 2:19:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: renov8] [#7]
They aren't going to raid RB's office...considering its also their attorneys office. Right?

Looks like some more competition for a growing market...and now we have three....lets add some more manufacturers and flood our ranks with these legal triggers.

3 Way Forced Reset Trigger Comparison PART #1 (Graves Star-fire A.R.T vs. Rare Breed F.R.T vs. WOT)
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By renov8:
They aren't going to raid RB's office...considering its also their attorneys office. Right?

Looks like some more competition for a growing market...and now we have three....lets add some more manufacturers and flood our ranks with these legal triggers.

3 way fight for the FRT market video...LMAO
View Quote

Your link doesn't work...
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Cressida:

Your link doesn't work...
View Quote

Fixed...
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh, that guy.
Has the one Graves that is actually out there.
Don't know what their (Big Daddy Unlimited) fucking problem is, other than maybe waiting to sell off all the WOTs they have in stock first.
I keep watching their sight, nothing ever changes, just a link to sign up to get one.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh, that guy.
Don't know what their (Big Daddy Unlimited) fucking problem is, other than maybe waiting to sell off all the WOTs they have in stock first.
I keep watching their sight, nothing ever changes, just a link to sign up to get one.
View Quote

I think RB has filed suit against BD.  Also, RB can't be pleased with Graves coming out with a "better" competing trigger...unless his NC period has been met in their agreement.  The WOK seems to be jumping on the band wagon, as others have suggested. I don't know enough about the similarities/differences to know any better.  All I know is that it drives for more competition/innovation, with the 2nd Amendment community being the recipients of all this goodness.

On another note...I am trying to get out to the range to demo this new 50 round mag I have.  I have done all the review work I want to get out on it...just need some vid to complete it.  Weather is not cooperating...maybe tomorrow or Monday.

Link Posted: 11/27/2021 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#12]
In case it hasn’t been mentioned. The Palmetto KS47 hybrid bolt works with the RB.

Makes a very angry 7.5 inch sbr.

Link Posted: 11/27/2021 9:42:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Getting ready to drop one in 5 inch barreled ks47 tonight
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#14]
How did you fit the frt unit in the ks47 receiver without the mag catch spring interfering with it?
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I haven't done it yet, have to dremel a grove in the bottom of the trigger housing for the spring.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh, that guy.
View Quote

Yeah $1000 for a trigger that likely costs $100 to make. Insane margins.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:07:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AMCJ76] [#17]
Originally Posted By themagikbullet:
How did you fit the frt unit in the ks47 receiver without the mag catch spring interfering with it?
View Quote

To clarify KS47 BCG is compatible. I used it with a 7.5 Plametto AR47 upper. Results were great using an H buffer.

It was even more fun with brown bear subs and YHM phantom. Very MP5SD ish.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ahrion:

View Quote

Thought that $1k price was debunked already.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:34:33 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Why would someone list their trigger for 1k, when you have two triggers on the market for 3-400 benjamins?

If they do, only a fool would confirm they were smart to do so.  Don't be the fool.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:58:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ahrion] [#20]

View Quote

Gotcha. . .Im just goin by the only person in the world who has one. Kinda fell off this thread for a bit
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#21]
He is probably trying to sell it, kind of like ammo these days
But you never know...
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:19:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cressida] [#22]
Morning update:
Rare Breed says they are willing ship more FRT triggers (showing back in stock again).

And Graves V2 site is no more...
Gone.
So it looks like the motor mouth on youtube may have the only one.

Also noticed that the price of the FRT is crashing on GunBroker, some actually $80 under Rare Breed's $380. - Never mind, that ass wants $130 for shipping.
(still some people trying to get $600-ish, and one trying to get nearly a grand)
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 12:16:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Glad they are in stock, but I would prefer to give an update.

Link Posted: 11/30/2021 4:43:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#24]
I guess it's too much to hope that they'll come out with one for the MP5.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Not great news. An FRT-15 hit the AFT forfeiture list posted today. Search for FRT or "Cody Gerken" of Iowa. I'm not sure if that means the raids have started, he voluntarily surrendered it, or what? It would be interesting to know.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 4:50:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jtb33] [#26]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
I guess it's too much to hope that they'll come out with one for the MP5.
View Quote
I'd pay a pretty penny for one for the MP5.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
Not great news. An FRT-15 hit the AFT forfeiture list posted today. Search for FRT or "Cody Gerken" of Iowa. I'm not sure if that means the raids have started, he voluntarily surrendered it, or what? It would be interesting to know.
View Quote
Not sure that should be read into very far.  One FRT?  Could've been someone convicted of something and an FRT was among his possessions confiscated, or any number of other things.  Now, if you have a few dozen show up - that's something else.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

How would they get a warrant approval? The RBT law suit was dismissed without prejudice, as  the Federal Judge did NOT declare the FRT15 as a MG. RBT states that they will continue sales until a Court rules otherwise. The BATF has only their administrative fiat and flawed lab tests to present to the Court as evidence that the law has been broken - “Hey look here Judge FRT15 fires too fast so by common sense Looks like a Duck, Quacks like a Duck, it is a Duck. Give me that warrant.” The lawsuit RBT puts into the record “ Not so fast! The FRT 15 is a semi auto trigger- we can prove it”. Being able to work a semi auto trigger fast does not make it a MG.” What law has been broken? Bump firing doesn’t make a semi auto gun  a MG.

Again I am not a lawyer, just thinking out loud.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 8:40:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brk_bigboss] [#29]
Blue springco
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 8:52:26 PM EDT
[#30]
In Stock.

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Morning update:
Rare Breed says they are willing ship more FRT triggers (showing back in stock again).

And Graves V2 site is no more...
Gone.
So it looks like the motor mouth on youtube may have the only one.

Also noticed that the price of the FRT is crashing on GunBroker, some actually $80 under Rare Breed's $380. - Never mind, that ass wants $130 for shipping.
(still some people trying to get $600-ish, and one trying to get nearly a grand)
View Quote

Looks like Graves decided to pay their web hosting bill. They are back online:

https://www.recoil-technology-systems.com/graves-v2-art.html#/
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By chunli:

Looks like Graves decided to pay their web hosting bill. They are back online:
View Quote

LoL, looks like this whole Forced Reset industry is a fly by night circus.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#33]

LoL, looks like this whole Forced Reset industry is a fly by night circus.
View Quote

More competitors will drive the price down, provide better performance right out of the box/bag, and give the atf conniption fits.  Bring on the technology we all want to have...and disband these agencies that serve no good for We The People.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 11:48:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By chunli:

How would they get a warrant approval? The RBT law suit was dismissed without prejudice, as  the Federal Judge did NOT declare the FRT15 as a MG. RBT states that they will continue sales until a Court rules otherwise. The BATF has only their administrative fiat and flawed lab tests to present to the Court as evidence that the law has been broken - “Hey look here Judge FRT15 fires too fast so by common sense Looks like a Duck, Quacks like a Duck, it is a Duck. Give me that warrant.” The lawsuit RBT puts into the record “ Not so fast! The FRT 15 is a semi auto trigger- we can prove it”. Being able to work a semi auto trigger fast does not make it a MG.” What law has been broken? Bump firing doesn’t make a semi auto gun  a MG.

Again I am not a lawyer, just thinking out loud.
View Quote

Getting a warrant is a very low bar, and there are many judges out there who do not have a clue about machine guns and will be plenty convinced by "Hey look here Judge FRT15 fires too fast."  Some judges do not think you should be allowed to own an AR15 at all, and imagine them seeing a video of a mag dump using the FRT15, or even testimonial evidence that the FRT enables the firearm to shoot (oh, I mean "spray") more rounds per minute than the military's M4.

Also, RBT will not have any say about responding until after the warrant is issued and executed.  If law enforcement seeks a warrant against you, you are not notified and have no chance to respond. The first you usually know about it is when you see law enforcement headed for your door.

I am not claiming that the ATF is getting a warrant or anything - I have no knowledge.  I adjust saying it is far easier to get a warrant than most might imagine.  In some cases, it is almost a rubber stamp.

And you are correct that the judge in the now dismissed case did not rule that the FRT is a machine gun, but neither was he asked to do so.  He did deny the motion for a preliminary injunction, which means that the judge believed that FRT would not eventually prevail on the merits (one of the factors a judge must decide in ruling on a preliminary injunction).

Link Posted: 12/8/2021 8:35:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 50cal] [#35]
Originally Posted By ahrion:

View Quote

A large mark up is standard in firearms manufacturing.  Average markup for firearms and parts is normally 300%

I worked in firearms manufacturing for a bit over 20 years.

This goes for accessories also.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#36]
I got to shoot a 9mm Colt style carbine with a RB trigger.  Ran flawlessly.  I’m going to try one with my 8 oz extended buffer and hope my 9mm bcg is correct for it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I dropped one of mine into an AR9 built by Lone Star Armory in Ft Worth, it ran great too!

I'm dropping off the paperwork to SBR this one, and they will build me a .40sw upper to go along with it!
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:15:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 1:03:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Anyone know of a glock mag cut 9mm bolt assembly that will work with this trigger?
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 6:29:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Glock63:
Anyone know of a glock mag cut 9mm bolt assembly that will work with this trigger?
View Quote

I works great with my 9mm CMMG radial delayed blowback.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By tripntx:

I works great with my 9mm CMMG radial delayed blowback.
View Quote

I'm straight blowback with this little pcc, and I'd like to stay that way.  Seems most ramped 9mm bolts dont work with the RBT.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#42]
JP 9mm BCG with captured 9mm spring/buffer works like a sewing machine
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#43]
I emailed Rarebreed a couple weeks ago asking if they have any plans for an MP5 trigger.  They never responded.  

I imagine they're pretty busy, though, so I won't begrudge them.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 5:12:54 PM EDT
[#44]
I emailed Rarebreed a couple weeks ago asking if they have any plans for an MP5 trigger.  They never responded.  

View Quote

I've got an semi-auto MGA MK46 belt-fed that uses an HK lower that would absolutely love to have an FRT trigger in it...  

My Zenith MP5 clone would also be a welcome host for such a trigger.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#45]
So, do any of you FRT owners that have other ARs put anything on your FRT to identify it in the crowd?  A spicy custom dust cover?  A sticker?
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#47]
So, do any of you FRT owners that have other ARs put anything on your FRT to identify it in the crowd?  A spicy custom dust cover?  A sticker?
View Quote

kns trigger pins if it were me
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By 99HMC4:
Quickie update…Adjustable, drop in FRT15 trigger bar
View Quote

For those of us who do not know what we are looking at, could you please explain?
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By themagikbullet:

kns trigger pins if it were me
View Quote

YES! The factory pins/ screws sat proud of the sides of the receiver. The KNS pins fit great.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 3:41:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By jtb33:

I've got an semi-auto MGA MK46 belt-fed that uses an HK lower that would absolutely love to have an FRT trigger in it...  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jtb33:

Not that I have one or would be able to afford to feed it, but, would an frt work with one of these MG42 uppers that pin to ar15 lowers? That seems like it would be pretty amazing.

https://www.brpguns.com/xmg-belt-fed-ar-15-m16-upper-receiver/
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 56
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top