User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 56
Posted: 12/14/2020 6:10:16 PM EDT
https://vimeo.com/486478480

I don't want my dogs shot but this does look fun
Somebody PLEASE convince me to not buy one.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 2:26:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: imdBman] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By j3_:

Honestly I would not pay that much for any kind of trigger anywhere I'm to cheap for that.
View Quote

My Feelings Too!  I have used full auto and burst many times.  I only saw the value with a 200 round box of belt fed loaded into an LMG.  With a carbine and a 30 round mag I was better off shooting once or twice and hitting something than shooting 5-10 shots and maybe getting a hit or 2.  That's been my experience FWIW.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s pretty amazing huh?!

I helped develop this trigger. It’s been a secret for a while but I spent 3 or 4 months refining it and making it awesome. I shot mine last night, I love it. I was running a 40rd pmag with a plus 10 extension so 50rds total, I can empty a mag in 2.5-2.6 seconds?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By badazzar15:

I helped develop this trigger. It’s been a secret for a while but I spent 3 or 4 months refining it and making it awesome. I shot mine last night, I love it. I was running a 40rd pmag with a plus 10 extension so 50rds total, I can empty a mag in 2.5-2.6 seconds?
View Quote

It's cool, but it says it's 5 lbs and it's clocking at under 2.5 lbs.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

Why is an H3 buffer required?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ahrion:

It's cool, but it says it's 5 lbs and it's clocking at under 2.5 lbs.
View Quote

I’ll have to double check that.. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:18:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: badazzar15] [#6]
Originally Posted By strangejames:

Why is an H3 buffer required?
View Quote

To prevent bolt bounce, but in most cases an H or H2 will also be fine. Just depends on the gun.

ETA: I run an H2 weight buffer in my gun.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
If i'm understanding this correctly, consistent rearward pressure will result in...rapid, but semi-automatic fire. IE each pull of the trigger releases a single round, but the reset happens forcefully, rather than by the shooter intentionally releasing rearward pressure.

This is really cool. I don't see it ending well and it would make me nervous as hell to own one, but it's badass.
View Quote
Exactly this.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Here’s a few videos of it in action.

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:04:36 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Can you convince them to change the name to something other than "Rare Breed" and tell them to put in a more conventional looking trigger ?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:13:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:

Can you convince them to change the name to something other than "Rare Breed" and tell them to put in a more conventional looking trigger ?
View Quote

To late for name changing lol

There are plans for many future designs. Different calibers for the AR, and packs for different platforms all together. And different style packs for different needs, like something along the lines of a match trigger. There has also been talk about different trigger styles, like flat vs curved. For now the plan was to get this one launched. :-)
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:24:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: waynelte] [#11]
man i really want 1 but no way do i want to buy one from their website. When the ATF finds out about these, they will get that customer list and go scoop them up.

correction, i want 3 of them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:32:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By waynelte:
man i really want 1 but no way do i want to buy one from their website. When the ATF finds out about these, they will get that customer list and go scoop them up.

View Quote

Prepaid visa and ship to a neighbor, vacant address or a PO Box. You laugh but guys are doing that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:55:31 PM EDT
[#13]
It would be nice if they were to commit to purging purchase records after, say, 30 days. You would prolly increase sales by 10X overnight.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:56:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SR712:
It would be nice if they were to commit to purging purchase records after, say, 30 days. You would prolly increase sales by 10X overnight.
View Quote

I can mention that idea.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:04:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Op, How many hours do you have to work to net $400?    

You feel happy about the prospect of atf confiscating it from you?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:07:32 AM EDT
[#16]

I can mention that idea.
View Quote

IM me if they do, I want to be first in line.

I would think that if they instigated this from the beginning as part of their "normal" business model, then trying to establish "avoidance" of any kind by any agency, would be tougher. Just a thought.

Buyers would have to agree that warranty work would be almost unverifiable. Maybe a 4096 bit key sent to and held by the buyer?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:07:41 AM EDT
[#17]

Prepaid visa and ship to a neighbor, vacant address or a PO Box. You laugh but guys are doing that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Haha, ordered one yesterday, shipping to my house. I don't have any dogs right now so meh.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:11:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By tommyrich:

Haha, ordered one yesterday, shipping to my house. I don't have any dogs right now so meh.
View Quote

Nice haha
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:16:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:20:12 AM EDT
[#20]
so are these 2 position safe/semi or 3 position safe/semi/forced reset?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:20:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Oh damn it works well.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:22:57 AM EDT
[#22]
so are these 2 position safe/semi or 3 position safe/semi/forced reset?
View Quote

No only 2 position, safe and semi.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:24:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Oh yea that works better than the bumpstock. Going to be banned in 3..2..1
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:26:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Commando223:

Oh damn it works well.
View Quote

Yes it does.. I helped develop it, I spent like 3 or 4 months dialing it in and making it work! For the first couple months I hated the thing, it was pissing me off, but I got it figured out.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:34:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By realwar:

Oh yea that works better than the bumpstock. Going to be banned in 3..2..1
View Quote

Yeah there’s no comparison
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:38:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waynelte] [#26]
will there be an effort to get this in the hands of any youtube reviewers? several 60rd magpul drum dumps? maybe 100 round dual drum dump?

The videos seem to focus on mag dumps and several bursts. How are single round shots? Does that take practice to pop off because things are moving so fast?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:48:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: badazzar15] [#27]
will there be an effort to get this in the hands of any youtube reviewers? several 60rd magpul drum dumps? maybe 100 round dual drum dump?

The videos seem to focus on mag dumps and several bursts. How are single round shots? Does that take practice to pop off because things are moving so fast?
View Quote

Lots of people got them, there are sure to be videos coming out soon. I got rid of my beta drums years ago but I think we have some at the shop still. I have the XProducts Lightweight 50rd drum and 40rd pmags with plus 10 extensions for 50rds total. Haven’t got a D60 yet but I need one..

ETA: I need a FightLite belt fed upper, now that would be awesome..
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:53:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Man I wish I could have one if this f$cking state. Would love to see a trigger built for the M249s.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:59:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Man I wish I could have one if this f$cking state. Would love to see a trigger built for the M249s.
View Quote

An M249 trigger would be awesome but I’m afraid there may not be enough of them around to justify making one. I know there’s talk of an AK version and a 10/22, as well as others. I need a FightLite belt fed upper! lol
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#30]

An M249 trigger would be awesome but I’m afraid there may not be enough of them around to justify making one. I know there’s talk of an AK version and a 10/22, as well as others. I need a FightLite belt fed upper! lol
View Quote

Heh! It may be a little wimpy for this forum, but I'd love to see a 10/22 version of this!
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#31]
A few things after taking my buddy's RBT. First, it works. Second, you can't be holding the trigger tight or it won't reset. There's a "sweet spot", albeit, it takes about 2 seconds to figure out that sweet spot.

Tested was a Omni Robusta magnetic competition buffer and a Taccom 3 stage buffer with a Strike Industries flat wire recoil spring. 14.5 pin/weld middy with a Superlative Arms piston was tested.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:56:29 PM EDT
[#32]
A few things after taking my buddy's RBT. First, it works. Second, you can't be holding the trigger tight or it won't reset. There's a "sweet spot", albeit, it takes about 2 seconds to figure out that sweet spot.

Tested was a Omni Robusta magnetic competition buffer and a Taccom 3 stage buffer with a Strike Industries flat wire recoil spring. 14.5 pin/weld middy with a Superlative Arms piston was tested.
View Quote

So if you hold too tightly does it prevent the bolt from reciprocating?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:07:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ahrion] [#33]

View Quote

No. It just keeps the trigger from force resetting.

I was wondering why I couldn't get it to fire more than 1-2 shots. Once I took off maybe a lbs or so of pull from my finger, it unloaded an entire mag with ease.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:57:26 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

If you squeeze to hard it can lock the BCG up and keep it from cycling.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Yeah just squeeze, moderate pressure. Definitely quick to figure out.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#36]
I did notice on the force reset mechanism in the back where the rear of the carrier interfaces with, it looks like the carrier is eating this part. Not sure if this is normal break in, but it's definitely noticeable.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#37]
@badazzar15
Would it work in a 7.62x39 ar ?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Ct1:
@badazzar15
Would it work in a 7.62x39 ar ?
View Quote

Yes it should work fine.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 9:13:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frankmurphy22] [#39]

View Quote

m249 owner checking in. would definitely buy one. hell, id buy a second m249 just for another trigger.

i saw the question asked, but can one drive up to their location and purchase with cash? definitely not ordering this online, but i would buy more than a handful face to face with cash.

eta: according to google maps, the building looks like a shady slip and fall lawyer type place with no sign of being a gun parts maker. seems sketchy.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Frankmurphy22:

m249 owner checking in. would definitely buy one. hell, id buy a second m249 just for another trigger.

i saw the question asked, but can one drive up to their location and purchase with cash? definitely not ordering this online, but i would buy more than a handful face to face with cash.

eta: according to google maps, the building looks like a shady slip and fall lawyer type place with no sign of being a gun parts maker. seems sketchy.
View Quote

I’ll mention an M249 version, what does a semi M249 cost?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:27:06 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2020 4:01:55 AM EDT
[#42]

I’ll mention an M249 version, what does a semi M249 cost?
View Quote

currently, between 10k if you find a deal to 18k for new in the box fde para versions. sold gunbroker prices.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Frankmurphy22:

currently, between 10k if you find a deal to 18k for new in the box fde para versions. sold gunbroker prices.
View Quote

I’m not sure I want one anymore lol
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#44]
I did notice on the force reset mechanism in the back where the rear of the carrier interfaces with, it looks like the carrier is eating this part. Not sure if this is normal break in, but it's definitely noticeable.
View Quote

Any pics of the wear?

Link Posted: 12/22/2020 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By j3_:

Honestly I would not pay that much for any kind of trigger anywhere I'm to cheap for that.
View Quote

Your so cheap you left one o out of TOO.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 2:07:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By JDodd:

Any pics of the wear?

View Quote

It’s normal
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 2:20:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ahrion] [#47]
Originally Posted By JDodd:

Any pics of the wear?

View Quote

After $100ish rounds. It's hard to tell, but it looks like pretty normal wear on the hammer. On the back piece it looks like the rear of the carrier is eating into that rear interfacing piece, moreso on the left side than the right. It's leaving quite an "imprint". You can barely tell from the pic, but it looks like the metal is indenting. Hammer does show slight indentation as well. Not sure what the metalwork term for this is though.

The grease had to be displaced in order to get decent pics.

Link Posted: 12/22/2020 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#48]

After $100ish rounds. It's hard to tell, but it looks like pretty normal wear on the hammer. On the back piece it looks like the rear of the carrier is eating into that rear interfacing piece, moreso on the left side than the right. It's leaving quite an "imprint". You can barely tell from the pic, but it looks like the metal is indenting. Hammer does show slight indentation as well. Not sure what the metalwork term for this is though.

The grease had to be displaced in order to get decent pics.

https://i.ibb.co/3z8zP1Q/IMG-20201222-111717.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/d4H9g6B/IMG-20201222-111738.jpg
View Quote

The face of the hammer looks normal but the back of that other piece doesn’t at all. What M16 carrier are you running?
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#49]

The face of the hammer looks normal but the back of that other piece doesn’t at all. What M16 carrier are you running?
View Quote

It’s normal, the wear doesn’t get any worse than that really. The locking bar is square but the carrier has a radius, that is why the corners get chewed up. I tried radius’d locking bars, performance wise this worked the best.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 4:28:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ahrion] [#50]

View Quote

The chewing honestly seems like it will subside, if it hasn't already. It reminds me of bolt lug break in I've seen in some ARs where the lugs shear a bit on the radiuses. In this case, it looks like it is just making contact with the rear of the carrier. Since tolerances are varied accross many different manufacturers, I assume this seems somewhat normal.

I think it's a Superlative Arms piston m16 carrier w/ionbond finish.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 56
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top