BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/5/2020 1:09:54 PM EDT
I just like current prices.

I like to make freedom purchases sometimes just because.

PSA has a generous selection of stuff that might be worth something someday.

However a BCM RECCE has a cool factor of 10

But I can buy just about four PSAs for the same price...

What say the peanut gallery??

BCM QUALITY or PSA QUANTITY in the celebration of freedom!??!
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends.... I have quite a few really nice rifles it might be nice to have some extras laying around for gifts in the future or maybe for kids.  I vote PSA they are good stuff.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]
If those two were the only choices then I’d get a few PSA’s in different barrel lengths etc. BCM doesn’t have a cool factor of 10 in my opinion anyways.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 1:32:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd get one great rifle that's exactly how I want it before I got a bunch of decent ones.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 1:33:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I say get some of the FN CHF geissele mk14 uppers and some cheap lowers from PSA. But if you don’t have the one nice upper tier, not necessarily KAC, noveske, LaRue, then get a BCM. I personally rather have my wide array of different AR’s for different things than be the guy who only has one high end make my one rifle fill every need.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#5]
bcm is good stuff but after building i will probably never buy a complete rifle again.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 1:34:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If those two were the only choices then I’d get a few PSA’s in different barrel lengths etc. BCM doesn’t have a cool factor of 10 in my opinion anyways.
View Quote
That is what I would do.

Where is the poll so I can vote?
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 1:37:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Id rather have a nice variety of options than a singular gun.  Never got the fascination with BCM stuff either.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Id rather have a nice variety of options than a singular gun.  Never got the fascination with BCM stuff either.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Neither.

Just build exactly what you want without using the quantity argument assigned to PSA or the quality argument limited to BCM only. Build or buy what you want and try to get it at a fair price.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 4:01:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I would much rather have one excellent gun than multiple mediocre ones. Or even better for ARs, one excellent lower and multiple excellent uppers.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I would just build what I wanted.

Which is currently nothing, but I would never buy a complete AR.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quality.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I would build a really nice one.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 7:09:34 PM EDT
[#14]
BCM complete blem lower, Sionics upper. Finish it with quality light/sling/optic/sights.

One highly capable rifle trumps several projects.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quality over quantity.  Centurion arms , sionics, bcm any of these will work great
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#16]
We just moved and realized that I have so much stuff that hasn’t seen the light of day in many years.

Unless you’re planning on handing out rifles during the boog I’d go for quality. You can get a lot of rifle for not a lot of cash these days.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Strictly keeping to those choices: BCM. Better to have one gun you know will work (likely...anyone can get a lemon of course) versus a bunch of guns that may or may not work.

Preferred answer: Step up a bit to a S&W M&P-15 Sport or maybe the Saint free-float and get two of them. If you do go PSA, then make sure you get the premium line, not the freedom.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I think people put far more value into one AR being superior to another than is deserved. Other than the barrel, most ARs are fairly equal mechanically. The attention during assembly and maintenance effect reliability more than the name brand. Most parts are good quality now and will function fine as long as a competent person installs and adjusts them properly.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I am in agreement. I have no fascination with BCM.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#20]
BCM is good but I'd get 4 PSAs with a few different configurations. In 15 years you'd be sitting on a  lot more value by a huge margin.

That being said I've recently downsized to a few higher end setups but I plan on focusing on shooting and training more. If business and money stays good I'll probably buy a few cheaper PSAs to have while these prices are crazy stupid low. Hopefully it stays that way but I remember the cheap AK days and I regret not having a dozen or more right now.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 8:57:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
BCM doesn’t have a cool factor of 10 in my opinion anyways.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#22]
The RECCE is only cool if you get a LPVO with it. So plan to spend the rifle money and plan to spend to get a good LPVO with it.

In my opinion it is a better idea to have a single, solid rifle that you really like. Doesn't matter if it is a mismatch part but at least it's a "go to" rifle that you can use or go to the range with.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The RECCE is only cool if you get a LPVO with it. So plan to spend the rifle money and plan to spend to get a good LPVO with it.

In my opinion it is a better idea to have a single, solid rifle that you really like. Doesn't matter if it is a mismatch part but at least it's a "go to" rifle that you can use or go to the range with.
View Quote
Ideally I would say have 2 very similar builds and after breaking in both and confirming reliability use one for practice and the other for protection type scenarios ready to go.

I would much rather have a 20 rifle, carbine, pistol, and light weight set up then one BCM.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 11:10:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BCM doesn’t have a cool factor of 10 in my opinion anyways.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 11:11:16 PM EDT
[#25]
PSA stated in a Shot Show video, that the Supreme Court standard is "common use". They want AR's to be in common use. I would support and celebrate Freedom and Common Use, way before spending my money on over priced and over hyped BCM stuff.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 12:26:47 AM EDT
[#26]
I'd buy many PSAs or a knights armament. Bcm is meh to me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 1:10:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Skip the cheap rifles and build one rifle with all the features you want.

I wouldn't trade my rifle I use for 3 gun and carbine matches for 5 cheap rifles that don't excel at anything.

Put your money into a high quality mid length barrel and trigger. Get a light weight bolt carrier, adjustable gas block, and muzzle brake. Tune the rifle to your ammo and everyone that shoots your rifle compared to their basic rifle will be jealous.

Once you've shot a AR set up right, you won't want to shoot basic ones.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 1:28:48 AM EDT
[#28]
As a person with 4+ ARs, I'd say that you really can only shoot one at a time and I put the money into one to get set up the way you want.  I'm building a pistol now...even after it's shootable, I'm still spending another $400+ in parts.  I don't see much point in building 4 PSA M4s or something.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 4:48:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Go BCM then down the road add the PSA. Nothing wrong with PSA.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 5:10:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Shit, I'd rather have a few quality rifles than a bunch of sub-par rifles. Once the novelty of quantity wears off, you're stuck with a bunch of junk.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 7:36:04 AM EDT
[#31]
I like the MCMR rail but other than that BCM doesn't do much for me.  You also can only shoot one rifle at a time, so build out a rifle to exactly how you want it, buy all kinds of ammo for it, take all kinds of training with it, and then decide if you want to spend more money on guns that'll sit in the safe
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 9:16:03 AM EDT
[#32]
You want a BCM EAG...it's such a nice shooter (mid-length).
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#33]
You should get the BCM if you want to celebrate freedom by supplementing the retirement of special forces marketing guys by overpaying for an average, at best, rifle.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#34]
I had a BCM bfh basics midy with A2 and put together a PSA premium twin for it and the PSA was on par with it in almost every way including bcg. Accuracy was better with PSA and BCM sling loop was way better but other than that besides the 150% price difference I would say both where pretty much the same. I'd go with PSA fine rifle for the money imo
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#35]
There are a lot or nicer brands than bcm
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#36]
If that's my only two choices, I would just buy a BCM RECCE 14 and call it a day.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 11:15:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I would much rather have one excellent gun than multiple mediocre ones. Or even better for ARs, one excellent lower and multiple excellent uppers.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quality over quantity. Unless you're trying to outfit your entire household on a budget. Two high quality lowers with as many high quality and specialized uppers as you can justify would be my move.

I'll never understand guys with 5+ hobby grade guns that don't do anything that the other 4+ won't do.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There are a lot or nicer brands than bcm
View Quote
This nothing wrong with BCM but it's not that much better then the PSA when considering 4 to 1. I'd take a 1 kac or even 1 colt (I just like colt) or a few other brands over 4 PSAs.

The BCM rails are way better actually the furniture period.

BCM is definitely nice but the few I've had aren't really that much far off from the PSAs I've also had.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Just get the BCM. That way you won't have to live with that little voice inside your head telling you that "I shoulda got the BCM" over and over...
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This nothing wrong with BCM but it's not that much better then the PSA when considering 4 to 1. I'd take a 1 kac or even 1 colt (I just like colt) or a few other brands over 4 PSAs.

The BCM rails are way better actually the furniture period.

BCM is definitely nice but the few I've had aren't really that much far off from the PSAs I've also had.
View Quote
This.

I like bcm furniture.  Their pistol grips are my absolute favorite.

That's where it stops though, everything else is just a larry snickers hyped up expensive version of a psa.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#42]
I was shooting my BCM today. It's nice but not OMFG AWESOME like some make them out to be.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:45:46 PM EDT
[#43]
CMMG rifle is good to.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 11:36:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 11:44:01 PM EDT
[#45]
It wouldn't be a BCM but to answer your question, 1vBCM >many PSAs. IMO anyway.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 10:18:45 AM EDT
[#46]
quality > quantity
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#47]
“Celebrate Freedom” = PSA

“Defend Freedom” = Colt
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#48]
I go overboard with everything so I'd buy a bunch of BCMs.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Build one rifle and spend the rest on ammo

Link Posted: 3/13/2020 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#50]
If I had the $ and I was trying to decide, I would buy the same amount of budget stripped lowers instead of complete PSA rifles.

That would leave you with 75-80% of your budget left.

Buy a complete BCM Recce Upper since you really want one. Complete that build with whatever lower parts kit you want.

Boom, you essentially have the Recce rifle that you want, but now you have lowers that you can work on to eventually complete a budget type PSA arsenal.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top