User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 87
Posted: 11/24/2018 9:49:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ARogueNinja]
This thread will be dedicated to builds and discussions of the FBI clones and thanks to Geissele for listening to the masses and releasing the much coveted rail. Parts lists will be updated as we go.  Please keep it on topic and post pictures of your builds and "in the wild" photos.

Barrel:  Colt 11.5" barrels &  others since there was already a mix of stuff out there between the different offices, prior to the upgrade starting.
Lower:  Colt/ some older DOJ contract RRA lowers, among others.
Grip:  ERGO/ Hogue/ A2
Upper:  Most of the uppers appear to be Colt marked.
Rail:  Troy and Geissele, seems like the main colors for the MK4 rail are Black and OD, unsure of the others.
Flash hider:  A2 flashhiders/ Surefire/ KAC NT4
Optics:  Aimpoint H1/T1s & H2/T2s are approved, along with the Daniel Defense mounts. The Sig Romeo4 red dot was also approved and is being used by some other federal agencies too. Spuhr mounts for Aimpoints for HRT guns.
EOTech EXPS 3 & G33 Magnifier
Sights:  Troy BUIS/ Magpul MBUS
Laser: L3 AN/ PEQ 15
Stock: CTRs  
Sling:  VTAC 2 points/ Magpul MS
Light:  WMLs/ Surefire Scout

More info here: Industry Thread
Originally Posted By mbpike:
Originally Posted By GS5414:
Alright homies. I'm going to drop some knowledge, and then ghost.

Folks generally got a handle on the right parts.

Right now, the FBI has stopped throwing out their T2s/Spuhr mounts because folks are starting to regret replacing them with the ROMEO RDS. Things aren't holding up to abuse and long life. Who knew. You'll see the Aimpoint make a comeback.

Also, nobody in this thread has the right gas block.

Geissele gas blocks are used on the FBI guns, but they are port restricted gas blocks, as in the ports aren't drilled all the way out. We used them in the USMC for some of the souped up M4s, at both 0.072" restricted for 14.5" guns (a bit too small), and 0.068" restricted for 10.3" guns. The FBI uses 0.067" restricted blocks. I think I have one of them stashed away that I never managed to use - might take a photo of it if I can find it. They do a good job keeping gas port erosion from affecting function of the guns as the barrels burn out. Keeps carrier speeds lower, recoil is a bit softer.

They are not sold commercially, or even talked about for that matter.

If you want the same function, take a G block and thread it for a BRT Micro Tune 0.067" port insert.

I'm out.

S/F
View Quote

Lets get this added to the OP.
View Quote

Originally Posted By elucidate:
Not a clone. Large regional SWAT. Skinny commando barrel.

Originally Posted By elucidate:
Indeed. When I said 'not a clone' by that I meant it's a picture of a real upper, sat on a desk in a large regional FBI training facility, not something I made at home.
View Quote

Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
Originally Posted By AZgunner:
I haven't decided if I'm doing the clone correct green rail, or if I'll do the same setup but in all black. It depends on where I'm at in a few months. If I need to give my current rifle back and use the FBI clone on duty, I need to do it in black, as only all black color schemes are currently authorized.
View Quote

A black rifle can be completely clone correct, it would just represent a regular agent's rifle, not HRT or Regional SWAT. This thread started as a result of the interest in the green Geissele Mk4 handguards that showed up on Regional SWAT rifles, but all four Geissele colors are in use by the FBI. People are just (understandably) a bit fixated on the green ones because they look great. That's led to what a lot of people are doing, which is combining the features of the HRT and SWAT rifles into a mixed clone (SWAT green handguard and CTR stock, HRT heavy barrel, and Spuhr HRT Aimpoint mount).

I think it would be great if @ARogueNinja could update the original post to reflect the four FBI variants that are out there (these details are incomplete and could be a little off):

HRT: DDC Mk4 handguard, 11.5" Colt HRT heavy barrel, Aimpoint T-2 on Spuhr mount (not sure about the stock), black or FDE(?) CTR or Colt stock

Regional SWAT: OD Green Mk4 handguard, 11.5" Colt LE6933 government profile barrel, Aimpoint T-2 on Daniel Defense mount, OD green CTR or Colt stock

Vehicle Teams: Grey Mk4 handguard, 11.5" Colt LE6933 government profile barrel, Sig Romeo, FAB Defense PTK AFG, Maxim Defense collapsible stock

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1182/green___grey_M4_carbines_jpg-1584398.JPG

Field Agent: Black Mk4 handguard, 11.5" Colt LE6933 government profile barrel, Aimpoint T-2 on Daniel Defense mount or Sig Romeo, black CTR or Colt stock

I think this is a grey Mk4 issued to hrt4me but is (I believe) representative of the standard agent rifle configuration. I don't recall seeing any photos in this thread of a regular agent's carbine:

https://i.imgur.com/A6UVttH.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:52:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JK12] [#1]
Awesome looking. Just the inspiration I needed.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:55:04 AM EDT
[#2]
That looks pretty cool OP.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#4]
FINALLY.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 11:27:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2apatriot] [#5]
OPFNI.  Thats a sweet rifle.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 12:03:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSU] [#6]
Anyone know where I can get that Spuhr HRT mount?

ETA Found it here
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 12:22:02 PM EDT
[#7]
so many people going to disappointed in the next week when all their spuhr mounts show up with out the HRT lettering
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Found these pictures of a clone build someone built.

His build list was

-Colt cage code upper
-colt C marked BCG
-colt ch
-Geissele MK4 10" Federal (Green)
-Colt FBI 11.5 cage code Heavy barrel
-Surefire closed tone warcomp
-Troy M4 sights

Link Posted: 11/24/2018 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#10]
People are gonna be disappointed when they realize these rails weren't for HRT and don't even use the Spuhr mounts lol
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:39:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harv24] [#11]
And what is so special about the Spuhr HRT mount?
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:42:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DGredTribe:
People are gonna be disappointed when they realize these rails weren't for HRT and don't even use the Spuhr mounts lol
View Quote
What's the correct hrt rail?
What is this rail used on?
@dgredtribe
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#13]
The MK4 Federal rails were an upgrade for the Bureau's Regional teams, not HRT. Geissele has done custom stuff for HRT in the past but these ain't it.

The Spuhr mounts were specifically for HRT's T2s, along with a DOD unit. The Regional guys are getting DD mounts for their Aimpoints. Many are also getting the Sig red dots.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:54:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#14]
If you look closely it appears the Aimpoints on the FBI guns are indeed in slightly diff mounts than that SPUHR mount on the clone. Just not sure what mount they're actually in
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#15]
@MILSPEC556

They're Daniel Defense mounts. No Surefire muzzle devices either, only A2s.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#16]
@MILSPEC556

They're Daniel Defense mounts. No Surefire muzzle devices either, only A2s.
View Quote
Safe to say you just saved people some money
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#17]
The MK4 Federal rails were an upgrade for the Bureau's Regional teams, not HRT. Geissele has done custom stuff for HRT in the past but these ain't it.

The Spuhr mounts were specifically for HRT's T2s, along with a DOD unit. The Regional guys are getting DD mounts for their Aimpoints. Many are also getting the Sig red dots.
View Quote
So what is the correct rail? And what other differences would we see between hrt and regional team?
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#18]
@wissota4
Outside of their HKs and specifically talking Geissele rails, they had some custom MK3s done. Of which I believe a member on here owned recently. They still have Troy rails on their stuff as well.

A lot of the Regional guys also had the Troy rails prior to this upgrade in the last couple of years (I believe many still do currently, among other stuff. Not sure how fast Quantico is swapping everything out).
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:43:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wissota4] [#19]
@wissota4
Outside of their HKs and specifically talking Geissele rails, they had some custom MK3s done. Of which I believe a member on here owned recently. They still have Troy rails on their stuff as well.

A lot of the Regional guys also had the Troy rails prior to this upgrade in the last couple of years (I believe many still do currently, among other stuff. Not sure how fast Quantico is swapping everything out).
View Quote
So if a guy has an 11.5 barrel, mk4 rail, a2 flash hider, colt receivers, what is he building?
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

So if a guy has an 11.5 barrel, mk4 rail, a2 flash hider, colt receivers, what is he building?
View Quote
Bruh. He's saying this is an FBI clone. Just not an HRT clone. (Regional guys)
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

View Quote
Lol. Stop trying to use your common sense.
I wanna know the specific differences.
What is going to set apart an hrt clone vs a fbi clone?
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

A way 1 way trip to the hospital boosh.

💪🚑
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#23]

A way 1 way trip to the hospital boosh.

💪🚑
View Quote
Lol! Oh shit! Have you seen dis guys ams?
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#24]
@wissota4

I'll post up some side by side pics of HRT's Geissele/Troy stuff and the current MK4 railed Regional guns. Gimme like 20min.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#25]
@wissota4

I'll post up some side by side pics of HRT's Geissele/Troy stuff and the current MK4 railed Regional guns. Gimme like 20min.
View Quote
Awesomeness. Thanks bro.
Hopefully I'm not in the hospital by then
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 3:38:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Hopefully you two are still alive . That's all the pics I could fit into one thing before they all got too small.

Link Posted: 11/24/2018 3:51:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARogueNinja] [#27]
Can we get a good parts list(s) and I'll add (update as we go) it to the OP.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#28]
I thought the green rail was unubtanium.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 4:26:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By sanman28:
View Quote
Someone wasn't paying attention to Geissele's black Friday sale, black Friday exclusive..... $262.50
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ARogueNinja:
Someone wasn't paying attention to Geissele's black Friday sale, black Friday exclusive..... $262.50
View All Quotes
They’re still in stock on the Geissele website. Grab one while you can
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Barrel wise I'm not 100% sure if they're all getting the heavy Colt 11.5" barrels. Since there was already a mix of stuff out there between the different offices, prior to the upgrade starting. This is another thing lower wise too, since some dudes have pics of theirs on some older DOJ contract RRA lowers, among others. Most of the uppers appear to be Colt marked though. Seems like the main colors for the MK4 rail are Black and OD, unsure of the others. Only A2 flashhiders have been seen on them too.

Optic wise, I believe the Aimpoint H1/T1s & H2/T2s are approved, along with the Daniel Defense mounts. The Sig Romeo4 red dot was also approved and is being used by some other federal agencies too. Although there was discussion on another forum about which particular version it was, given that it had to be made in the US (I don't believe the commercial ones were, before being discontinued). Troy BUIS were also approved.

As for the stocks, CTRs appear to be the approved one. It was mentioned that Quantico asked that the guns be shipped back to them if pistol grips needed to be changed (they prob didn't want guys changing it themselves and losing springs/detents). Smaller things like VTAC 2 points and WMLs were also said to have been shipped out. Unsure if that was only for a particular office or not though.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Are they just using standard charging handles? And do all of these in pics have a houge grip?
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#33]
@bwhited

Standard charging handles. Lots of Ergos and some Hogues.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#34]
@bwhited

Standard charging handles. Lots of Ergos and some Hogues.
View Quote
Thank you
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:51:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DGredTribe] [#35]
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 6:15:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#37]
@DGredTribe

Thanks for the info and clarification.

Do you know how most of the Colt lowers are marked?

Property of US Govt
M4A1 Carbine
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 6:32:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ed_Victory] [#38]
Optics Planet has the Romeo 4M on sale for $230 before coupon, great option for regional clones. I believe the 4M and 4T were approved.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 6:52:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HCM3156] [#39]
There is no “one” configuration for FBI Guns rifles. There are some general guidelines.

The pistols are rifles are color coded for administrative and logistical reasons. HRT has tan. SWAT had OD green carbines and battlefield green G17s. Regular issue or POW is black /black.

The swat G17s have factory minus connectors and some of the SWAT carbines are have Geissele triggers. It varies.  Each office has a Firearms and. SWAT budget so there is latitude and variation office to office and team to team. Individual agents on SWAT also have some latitude for personal optics and accessories. At least in some offices.

Older carbines , the ones I’ve seen, were RRA with a quad rail, houge pistol grip 11.5” barrel and various EO techs. These and the 10mm MP5s were replaced with a 11”5” Colt Carbine with a Troy Alpha rail, magpul CTR, Hogue Pistol grip and Aimpoint H2/T2 on a DD Mount.  The latest version is an 11.5” Colt Carbine with the 10” G rail, ergo pistol grip, CTR and either a Aimpoint T2/H2 on a DD Mount or a SIG Romeo 4M on the Sig mount depending on what is availible.

Of course, like any big organization you may see various mixes of all of the above.

Troy sights have been standard on all the FF handguard guns. VTAC slings are basic issue but again that is not 100%. The Inforce Gen 2 long gun light is basic issue but you will see various Surefire etc if approved locally. Tan PEQ15s are standard on SWAT guns.  I beleive SWAT and HRT can use flip magnifiers with their RDS. Locally I’ve seen some SWAT guys with an extra  14.5 or 16” Troy alpha railed upper and and ACOG. Makes sense if you are doing something in the TX brush country. Mission drives the gear.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 7:07:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GHOS7] [#40]
Damn, I was pretty close.., just needed a mk4 instead of the 8 and a 11.5" instead of 10.3".., among other small details

I can't remember what magazine it was but I recall either a 'SRT' or 'HRT' operators in an informal night vision article using the Troy SOCC rail, or maybe they were complete Troy rifle/Upper assemblies?

Love this rail btw, just think it was completely overshadowed by MCMR
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 7:55:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OlacAttack] [#41]
@HCM3156

so something like this

FBI Build

Lower Receiver: Colt
Stock: Magpul CTR Black/ODG
Pistol Grip: Hogue Rubber Grip with Finger Grooves Black (no dovetail)
Rear Sling Plate:
Upper Receiver: Mil-spec forged M4  
Barrel: 11.5 Colt heavy
Rail: Geiselle MK4 Federal ODG
Rear BUIS: Troy (black)
Front Sight: Troy (black)
Front Sling Attachment:
Muzzle Device: A2 Birdcage
Optic: Romeo 4M or Aimpoint T2 w DD micro mount
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
They're cool, but not nearly an extra hundred bucks cool (to me).  I imagine a lot of people are going to enjoy them, though.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By boltcatch:
They're cool, but not nearly an extra hundred bucks cool (to me).  I imagine a lot of people are going to enjoy them, though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By boltcatch:
I think its more the exclusivity of the rail than anything.

Your only chance of owning one is during this black friday weekend according to geissele, or paying inflated aftermarket prices when people try and flip them.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 8:34:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BurtSaun1049] [#44]
Originally Posted By HCM3156:
There is no “one” configuration for FBI Guns rifles. There are some general guidelines.

The pistols are rifles are color coded for administrative and logistical reasons. HRT has tan. SWAT had OD green carbines and battlefield green G17s. Regular issue or POW is black /black.

The swat G17s have factory minus connectors and some of the SWAT carbines are have Geissele triggers. It varies.  Each office has a Firearms and. SWAT budget so there is latitude and variation office to office and team to team. Individual agents on SWAT also have some latitude for personal optics and accessories. At least in some offices.

Older carbines , the ones I’ve seen, were RRA with a quad rail, houge pistol grip 11.5” barrel and various EO techs. These and the 10mm MP5s were replaced with a 11”5” Colt Carbine with a Troy Alpha rail, magpul CTR, Hogue Pistol grip and Aimpoint H2/T2 on a DD Mount.  The latest version is an 11.5” Colt Carbine with the 10” G rail, ergo pistol grip, CTR and either a Aimpoint T2/H2 on a DD Mount or a SIG Romeo 4M on the Sig mount depending on what is availible.

Of course, like any big organization you may see various mixes of all of the above.

Troy sights have been standard on all the FF handguard guns. VTAC slings are basic issue but again that is not 100%. The Inforce Gen 2 long gun light is basic issue but you will see various Surefire etc if approved locally. Tan PEQ15s are standard on SWAT guns.  I beleive SWAT and HRT can use flip magnifiers with their RDS. Locally I’ve seen some SWAT guys with an extra  14.5 or 16” Troy alpha railed upper and and ACOG. Makes sense if you are doing something in the TX brush country. Mission drives the gear.
View Quote
Surefire rails with Inforce WMLs, PEQ-2s, LMT rear sight, Eotech (unsure what model, but looked like 552s). Guns were camo spray-painted in my AO. I'm also unsure of bbl profile, but they were the 11.5" barrels with FSP. SWAT guys had Colt full auto lowers, regular agents who did not have an MP5 in 9mm or 10mm had RRA ARs that were a true mixed bag in terms of setups.

SWAT guys also had Springfield Professional 1911s, although must carried the G22s at the time (now replaced with 9mm guns).

*ETA: another pic of current guns.

Quasi-pic of how they used to look, minus the 11.5" bbl
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By BurtSaun1049:

https://i.imgur.com/9vvYnw7.png
View Quote
Got a hi res link to that pic? Love the look, going all in.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:09:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BurtSaun1049] [#46]
Originally Posted By OlacAttack:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OlacAttack:

https://i.imgur.com/9vvYnw7.png
Not that I want to disclose

*ETA: nvm, I delivered
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#47]
I picked up a couple in green. Looks like one of the guys I got one for is backing out.  I’ll know for sure by weeks end.  If that’s the case and someone need one for a build shoot me an email, you can have it for what I payed.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#48]

https://i.imgur.com/WEvmKqX.jpg?1
View Quote
Is it just me or is something not right with that auto sear pin?
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By CWied:
View All Quotes

Looks like it's missing.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
Looks like it's missing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

Looks like it's missing.
Concur. I guess that's one way to vent excess gas.

Man these FBI rifles are sexy as hell.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 87
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top