BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 87
Posted: 11/24/2018 9:49:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ARogueNinja]
This thread will be dedicated to builds and discussions of the FBI clones and thanks to Geissele for listening to the masses and releasing the much coveted rail. Parts lists will be updated as we go.  Please keep it on topic and post pictures of your builds and "in the wild" photos.

Barrel:  Colt 11.5" barrels &  others since there was already a mix of stuff out there between the different offices, prior to the upgrade starting.
Lower:  Colt/ some older DOJ contract RRA lowers, among others.
Grip:  ERGO/ Hogue/ A2
Upper:  Most of the uppers appear to be Colt marked.
Rail:  Troy and Geissele, seems like the main colors for the MK4 rail are Black and OD, unsure of the others.
Flash hider:  A2 flashhiders/ Surefire/ KAC NT4
Optics:  Aimpoint H1/T1s & H2/T2s are approved, along with the Daniel Defense mounts. The Sig Romeo4 red dot was also approved and is being used by some other federal agencies too. Spuhr mounts for Aimpoints for HRT guns.
EOTech EXPS 3 & G33 Magnifier
Sights:  Troy BUIS/ Magpul MBUS
Laser: L3 AN/ PEQ 15
Stock: CTRs  
Sling:  VTAC 2 points/ Magpul MS
Light:  WMLs/ Surefire Scout

More info here: Industry Thread
Originally Posted By mbpike:
Originally Posted By GS5414:
Alright homies. I'm going to drop some knowledge, and then ghost.

Folks generally got a handle on the right parts.

Right now, the FBI has stopped throwing out their T2s/Spuhr mounts because folks are starting to regret replacing them with the ROMEO RDS. Things aren't holding up to abuse and long life. Who knew. You'll see the Aimpoint make a comeback.

Also, nobody in this thread has the right gas block.

Geissele gas blocks are used on the FBI guns, but they are port restricted gas blocks, as in the ports aren't drilled all the way out. We used them in the USMC for some of the souped up M4s, at both 0.072" restricted for 14.5" guns (a bit too small), and 0.068" restricted for 10.3" guns. The FBI uses 0.067" restricted blocks. I think I have one of them stashed away that I never managed to use - might take a photo of it if I can find it. They do a good job keeping gas port erosion from affecting function of the guns as the barrels burn out. Keeps carrier speeds lower, recoil is a bit softer.

They are not sold commercially, or even talked about for that matter.

If you want the same function, take a G block and thread it for a BRT Micro Tune 0.067" port insert.

I'm out.

S/F
View Quote

Lets get this added to the OP.
View Quote

Originally Posted By elucidate:
Not a clone. Large regional SWAT. Skinny commando barrel.

Originally Posted By elucidate:
Indeed. When I said 'not a clone' by that I meant it's a picture of a real upper, sat on a desk in a large regional FBI training facility, not something I made at home.
View Quote

Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
Originally Posted By AZgunner:
I haven't decided if I'm doing the clone correct green rail, or if I'll do the same setup but in all black. It depends on where I'm at in a few months. If I need to give my current rifle back and use the FBI clone on duty, I need to do it in black, as only all black color schemes are currently authorized.
View Quote

A black rifle can be completely clone correct, it would just represent a regular agent's rifle, not HRT or Regional SWAT. This thread started as a result of the interest in the green Geissele Mk4 handguards that showed up on Regional SWAT rifles, but all four Geissele colors are in use by the FBI. People are just (understandably) a bit fixated on the green ones because they look great. That's led to what a lot of people are doing, which is combining the features of the HRT and SWAT rifles into a mixed clone (SWAT green handguard and CTR stock, HRT heavy barrel, and Spuhr HRT Aimpoint mount).

I think it would be great if @ARogueNinja could update the original post to reflect the four FBI variants that are out there (these details are incomplete and could be a little off):

HRT: DDC Mk4 handguard, 11.5" Colt HRT heavy barrel, Aimpoint T-2 on Spuhr mount (not sure about the stock), black or FDE(?) CTR or Colt stock

Regional SWAT: OD Green Mk4 handguard, 11.5" Colt LE6933 government profile barrel, Aimpoint T-2 on Daniel Defense mount, OD green CTR or Colt stock

Vehicle Teams: Grey Mk4 handguard, 11.5" Colt LE6933 government profile barrel, Sig Romeo, FAB Defense PTK AFG, Maxim Defense collapsible stock

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1182/green___grey_M4_carbines_jpg-1584398.JPG

Field Agent: Black Mk4 handguard, 11.5" Colt LE6933 government profile barrel, Aimpoint T-2 on Daniel Defense mount or Sig Romeo, black CTR or Colt stock

I think this is a grey Mk4 issued to hrt4me but is (I believe) representative of the standard agent rifle configuration. I don't recall seeing any photos in this thread of a regular agent's carbine:

https://i.imgur.com/A6UVttH.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:52:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mbpike] [#1]
IN ON 1!!!

I ordered 4 of the Federal rails.  a DDC, Gray, 2 x ODG.  The DDC is going on my current gun to replace my MK4 9.5", the Gray is going on a 12.5" project I'm going to start soon, and well the ODG rails (at least 1 of them) is going to be a very very very slowly built FBI Regional Gun.

ETA: Fucking missed page 1.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 11:21:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARogueNinja] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CWied:

Is it just me or is something not right with that auto sear pin?
View Quote
Armorers remove the auto sear to make it semi only, it's SOP for a lot of police departments as well.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 11:24:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ARogueNinja:
Armorers remove the auto sear to make it semi only, it's SOP for a lot of police departments as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ARogueNinja:

They used to have the sear.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 12:36:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BurtSaun1049:

View Quote
Dogs aren't as big as they used to be....
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 1:36:26 AM EDT
[#5]
View All Quotes

Great thread! Lets keep the info flowing. I plan on doing a clone build with mine.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 1:38:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Any of these guys ever running 14.5" barrels? I ordered one of the MK16 rails and charging handles in OD Green. I don't live in a state where I can have SBRs, so if I clone, it's gotta be 14.5".
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 1:39:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger97] [#7]
Originally Posted By JK12:
I picked up a couple in green. Looks like one of the guys I got one for is backing out.  I’ll know for sure by weeks end.  If that’s the case and someone need one for a build shoot me an email, you can have it for what I payed.
View Quote
Sent you an email.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 1:42:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ronjohnbb:
Any of these guys ever running 14.5" barrels? I ordered one of the MK16 rails and charging handles in OD Green. I don't live in a state where I can have SBRs, so if I clone, it's gotta be 14.5".
View Quote
pistols?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 4:57:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By OlacAttack:
@HCM3156

so something like this

FBI Build

Lower Receiver: Colt
Stock: Magpul CTR Black/ODG
Pistol Grip: Hogue Rubber Grip with Finger Grooves Black (no dovetail)
Rear Sling Plate:
Upper Receiver: Mil-spec forged M4  
Barrel: 11.5 Colt heavy
Rail: Geiselle MK4 Federal ODG
Rear BUIS: Troy (black)
Front Sight: Troy (black)
Front Sling Attachment:
Muzzle Device: A2 Birdcage
Optic: Romeo 4M or Aimpoint T2 w DD micro mount
View Quote
Close enough. I don’t recall if the rear plate is a QD or standard.

The Romoes use their own mount. DD is only for Aimpoints.  The guns were comimg with the houge now the ergo. Either would be correct. Likely a mix of personal preference and/ or what ever is handy when the armorers put it together.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 5:10:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Surefire rails with Inforce WMLs, PEQ-2s, LMT rear sight, Eotech (unsure what model, but looked like 552s). Guns were camo spray-painted in my AO. I'm also unsure of bbl profile, but they were the 11.5" barrels with FSP. SWAT guys had Colt full auto lowers, regular agents who did not have an MP5 in 9mm or 10mm had RRA ARs that were a true mixed bag in terms of setups.

SWAT guys also had Springfield Professional 1911s, although must carried the G22s at the time (now replaced with 9mm guns).

*ETA: another pic of current guns.
https://i.imgur.com/9vvYnw7.png

Quasi-pic of how they used to look, minus the 11.5" bbl
https://i.imgur.com/PPASmnS.png
View Quote
Yes the old RRAs were 14.5” Guns but they were subsequent converted to 11.5”. They are still around in that form  as pool / training rifles. There were EO 552’s and some of the newer sideways battery models as well as some  T1/H1 floating around.

The SWAT guns are full autos but they have the option of Geissele triggers. I was told some guys don’t want the Geissele because you lose the auto capability.

My own work gun has 3 round burst and I would gladly swap that for an SSA but to each their own.

There are still 1911 and G21 POW s around but for team stuff it is green 17 only.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 5:11:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
Looks like it's missing.
View All Quotes

Not that I want to disclose

*ETA: nvm, I delivered
https://i.imgur.com/WEvmKqX.jpg?1
Looks like it's missing.
Just guessing but it may be missing because it has been swapped over to an Geissele SSA trigger.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:54:30 AM EDT
[#12]
These clone threads are killing me!  I literally just received the last parts for my MK18 Mod 0.  I ordered 2 rails Greed and DDC.  I have one of the anodized colts that the OD should look great on!  

Lol and SBR all things!
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 9:17:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DGredTribe:
@bwhited

Standard charging handles. Lots of Ergos and some Hogues.
View Quote
Great thread! Do you guys happen to know which model ergo?
Thanks!
Jj
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 9:50:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By HCM3156:
The SWAT guns are full autos but they have the option of Geissele triggers. I was told some guys don’t want the Geissele because you lose the auto capability.
View Quote
Seems like they could just use the SSF trigger and preserve the capability.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Got tracking info for my OD rail! Got a nos colt OD 4 pos coming too, this was a great BF!
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
Got tracking info for my OD rail! Got a nos colt OD 4 pos coming too, this was a great BF!
View Quote
jelly

When did you order? Both mine are in processing but I ordered them at like 7 and 10 pm on the 22nd
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#17]

jelly

When did you order? Both mine are in processing but I ordered them at like 7 and 10 pm on the 22nd
View Quote
I ordered around 3pm on Thursday. I just got my order in before the first batch of OD mk4's went oos.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#18]
I've got tracking for my MK4, but it has not been shipped yet.  Ordered in the early minutes of the first offering.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 12:12:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Ghostdog1066:
I've got tracking for my MK4, but it has not been shipped yet.  Ordered in the early minutes of the first offering.
View Quote
Mines the same, its listed as ready for UPS. I'm hoping I'll have it by the end of the week, it's only traveling 2 states over.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#20]
When the feds show up to confiscate your guns and yall got the same rifle...

Link Posted: 11/25/2018 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By M4A1SOPMOD:

https://i.imgur.com/HAD0DZj.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#22]
So for those doing this, just stripping off the FSB and set screwing the G block?

I hate having that stupid front pin hole exposed when the FSB is removed, almost as much as I hate relying solely on set screws on a non-dimpled barrel.

Thinking of just shaving the FSB and calling it a day.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 1:56:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#23]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:
So for those doing this, just stripping off the FSB and set screwing the G block?

I hate having that stupid front pin hole exposed when the FSB is removed, almost as much as I hate relying solely on set screws on a non-dimpled barrel.

View Quote
The holes for the FSB should be well under the rail.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

View Quote
I know, still bothers me.  I know it shouldn't but its a pet peeve.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 2:02:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#25]
View All Quotes

Understandable.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes

The Larue GB may cover them.  

This is why the non FSB drilled barrels will probably bring a premium.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 2:11:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#27]
Originally Posted By kells81:

View Quote
Any idea where those can be found?  I do like "clone" type builds, but I won't sacrifice functionality or build quality just to get one "right".  I'm thinking I'll just shave the FSB and call it a day.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 2:15:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kells81] [#28]
Any idea where those can be found?  I do like "clone" type builds, but I won't sacrifice functionality or build quality just to get one "right".  I'm thinking I'll just shave the FSB and call it a day.
View All Quotes

$419 at Charlies Custom Clones
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 2:16:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#29]
Think i have everything i need for the setup im going for except for the 11.5 Colt fbi barrel

Colt LE carbine lower
Colt upper
Colt ch
Colt bcg
Magpul CTR stock
Troy folding front & rear buis
Colt od buffer tube
Ergo pistol grip
Aac 51t for m4000 suppressor
Geissele od rail
EOTech EXPS 3
G33 Magnifier
Vtac 2 point od

No wml ordered  yet. Im drained
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#30]
So which thread is the official thread now? This one?

Or this one?

Maybe this one?

Maybe the original?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By seamasterpro:

Or this one?

Maybe this one?

Maybe the original?
View Quote
#geisseleallthethings
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
Holy balls.

At that point I'd just say fuck it and slap a DD 11.5 with pinned LPGB on there, correctness be damned.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote
Is the undrilled worth the extra $$$? Will the exposed hole from the fsb make a difference?

i picked up a FSB barrel from shark arms for $250. I am in same boat to shave or just knock off and install G block.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 2:25:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#34]
Originally Posted By RocketCity556:
Is the undrilled worth the extra $$$? Will the exposed hole from the fsb make a difference?

i picked up a FSB barrel from shark arms for $250. I am in same boat to shave or just knock off and install G block.
View Quote
No the exposed hole doesn't matter.  Just an aesthetic thing that bothers me.

I think shaving the FSB is the best route.   By the time I got that barrel, and sent it off to have the G block pinned, I'd have almost 500 into it.  NOPE.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Yeah maybe a mod can combine all the threads?

I'm in on the FBI clone build so I picked up a Mk4 rail. I might depart from the standard 5.56 and build this rifle in 6.5 Grendel. If you've been tracking; the 6.5 G with an 11" barrel has better ballistics than the 5.56 but hits like a 300 BLK that can go out to 800 meters. I think its a perfect round for an SBR and it should go perfect with the 10" G rail. Barrel will be from Alexander Arms as they've done a lot of the dev work on this round. We'll see how the parts collecting shapes up.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By seamasterpro:

Or this one?

Maybe this one?

Maybe the original?
View Quote
I'm planning on sticking with this one, and then maybe one of the ones in the G Industry section.  I'm just trying to stay away from the ass hats in GD.  So far, this thread has the most pictures of actual G Federal rails int he wild.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#37]
I ordered an OD rail.  I think my build will end up something like what’s listed below but I’m tapped out on funds right now.

Lower:
Colt AR15A4 Lightweight LE Carbine marked lower (need to Form 1)
Geissele buffer tube in black
Geissele G2S trigger
B5 SOPMOD in OD

Upper:
Colt receiver
Colt 11.5 barrel
A2 or Surefire Closed Tine flash hider
OD MK4 Federal rail
Troy BUIS
Aimpoint T2 w/Geissele mount or Eotech EXPS3-0
Surefire M300 with MLOK mount and SR07 switchboard
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 3:10:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tactical_dude] [#38]

View Quote
Doesn't get much better than a shaved Colt FSB. This is what I will be doing and I would bet their are several FBI guns like this...
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Looks like it's missing.
View All Quotes

Not that I want to disclose

*ETA: nvm, I delivered
https://i.imgur.com/WEvmKqX.jpg?1
Looks like it's missing.
That's one way to convert a rifle to Semi only, we use selector blocks.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
I prefer the factory drilled and pinned shaved FSB over a gas block.  UnleI would only use their gas block if I was starting with a new barrel that had not been drilled for a FSB.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#41]

I think shaving the FSB is the best route.   By the time I got that barrel, and sent it off to have the G block pinned, I'd have almost 500 into it.  NOPE.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RocketCity556:

Shark Arms for the FBI barrel. You'd have to be on crack to pay Charlie's price.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Shark Arms for the FBI barrel. You'd have to be on crack to pay Charlie's price.
View Quote
Thats the plan right there.  Sent an email to order one up so hopefully he still has them.

Worst case, I'm just going to get a DD 11.5 with a pinned LPGB and call it a day.  Not "correct", but a damn good barrel.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone know if ADCO will shave a FSB? Or is this a John from Retro arms type job? I do not have the tools to do something like that, and if i attempt it I'd butcher it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 4:05:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
Anyone know if ADCO will shave a FSB? Or is this a John from Retro arms type job? I do not have the tools to do something like that, and if i attempt it I'd butcher it.
View Quote
good reason to get a 5 dollar hack saw from menards... and a file.
nothing to it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Thats the plan right there.  Sent an email to order one up so hopefully he still has them.

Worst case, I'm just going to get a DD 11.5 with a pinned LPGB and call it a day.  Not "correct", but a damn good barrel.
View Quote
I'd call, when I talked to him a few days ago he said he was a few days behind on emails, he had sold so many barrels since the G sale started. Was at over 100 on the 23rd.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 4:08:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By wissota4:
nothing to it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wissota4:
nothing to it.
This. Crazy easy. Just look up some videos online
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
I had ADCO do it on a Noveske barrel years ago.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#48]

I'd call, when I talked to him a few days ago he said he was a few days behind on emails, he had sold so many barrels since the G sale started. Was at over 100 on the 23rd.
View Quote
Just did!  He said he's sorting through emails right now and getting an accurate count on exactly how many have sold, etc.

Got on the list either way...also for a complete 11.5 upper.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By M4A1SOPMOD:

https://i.imgur.com/HAD0DZj.jpg
View Quote
I lol'd
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
I spoke with Chris yesterday, he finally got through his emails as of Saturday late afternoon, still had some 11.5's left, his wife was busy counting them. Call him early Monday to check, he has always called me back if he doesn't answer. Good luck! Fantastic barrels, I'm presently using one of 3 I have, use for intermittent auto also. Great guy Chris, excellent CS!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 87
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top