Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2017 5:18:38 PM EDT
I have an Armalite M15, serial number US355xxx. Any idea when it was made?  Is there an online reference tool?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have an Armalite M15, serial number US355xxx. Any idea when it was made?  Is there an online reference tool?
View Quote
Shit, I seriously thought you were asking if I was seeing one socially.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:35:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I date my wife, so...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tech forum.
View Quote
Exactly
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Exactly
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tech forum.
Exactly
Is this not the tech forum?  I'd post in industry, but they aren't in there. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:32:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:46:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is this not the tech forum?  I'd post in industry, but they aren't in there. 
View Quote
You probably should put this in the retro section, you would probably have better luck tracking it down.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You probably should put this in the retro section, you would probably have better luck tracking it down.
View Quote
Posting an M4 style rifle in the retro section won't go over too well. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:00:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Posting an M4 style rifle in the retro section won't go over too well. 
View Quote
Okay, I see, that is still a current model, you will probably have to pay them to tell you when it was born.

One way you may be able to get around it, is because there was a recall issued in that and a few of their other models, so you might be able to call them, tell them what you got and see if they will disclose the date of manufacture to see if it is covered under the recall..???
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:43:39 PM EDT
[#12]
What they charge you for info on your firearm. I called Glock to get the Bday on my Gen 2 G23 and I had the info in less tham 5 minutes at no charge.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:14:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's 6 in the morning and I'd have to go downstairs to the safe but I think the beginning US may stand for the National Match lower.  Does it have a 2 stage trigger ?

kwg
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:47:33 AM EDT
[#14]
It did not have a two stage trigger. As a matter of fact, the trigger felt like it had about a 20 pound pull.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It did not have a two stage trigger. As a matter of fact, the trigger felt like it had about a 20 pound pull.
View Quote
My National Match lower starts with the letters US.  It came with a 2 stage trigger. My serial number starts with 11xxxx and I have had it around 8 years.  I wonder when Armalite sold about 5 years ago if the new owners just used up lowers and serial numbers without regard to National Match.  The new owners sold off all of their 20 inch barrels just after the sale as well.

kwg
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top