Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2017 7:20:21 PM EDT
I have a slightly broken surefire dual switch that I'd like to jerry rig for use with a dbal. I remember reading once that the jack could be modified to fit securely. I can't find the threads that explained what to do. 

ETA: I meant to post this in lights/lasers. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#1]
My Surefire switch works fine with my DBAL, but I know some guys have problems with them coming loose under recoil.

You just need to trim the end of the molded rubber piece back some so that the plug can be inserted deeper into the DBAL switch socket. I'll post a pic in a minute of what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Use a Dremel or a file to trim this section back further and you shouldn't have any more trouble with your plug coming loose under recoil.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#3]
That's what I was thinking. I was just confused because when I put the same switch in an Insight laser, it didn't seem to stick in any further. 

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's what I was thinking. I was just confused because when I put the same switch in an Insight laser, it didn't seem to stick in any further. 

Thanks!
View Quote
Yeah, I'm assuming that modifying the plug allows you to get it further into the switch port, but I don't have any problems with my Surefire switches, so I've never had to do this myself. Its just something I'm aware of from others who have had problems.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#5]
When I plug the switch into my DBAL I get a nice, positive click. It takes some force to remove it, so I know it's positively engaged. I've never had it work loose on it's own.

I've been thinking about replacing my Surefire switch with the TAPS Pro switch. I miss having the ability to run constant on with the Scout light and I believe the TAPS can be programmed for momentary/constant on for the light.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:16:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When I plug the switch into my DBAL I get a nice, positive click. It takes some force to remove it, so I know it's positively engaged. I've never had it work loose on it's own.

I've been thinking about replacing my Surefire switch with the TAPS Pro switch. I miss having the ability to run constant on with the Scout light and I believe the TAPS can be programmed for momentary/constant on for the light.
View Quote
This is basically what I'm thinking about. I have a another carbine that this switch and a different laser on it. I'm trying to decide if I wants to upgrade to TAPS or make due. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:04:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is basically what I'm thinking about. I have a another carbine that this switch and a different laser on it. I'm trying to decide if I wants to upgrade to TAPS or make due. 
View Quote
Same here. I'll eventually end up ordering the TAPS, just haven't done so yet.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top