AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2017 5:01:49 PM EDT
PSA is out it looks like.

Who do you guys go to?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Tony's Customs.

https://www.tonyscustomsllc.com/product-category/parts-components/buttstocks-components/
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#2]
PSA has an A2 stock kit as well as BCM and many other vendors.

ETA: Sorry. Didn't realize you already mentioned PSA. Try BCM. I ordered a couple A2 kits from them a couple years ago and they were very high quality kits.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I've never tried one of these from KAK, but after looking at the pic and seeing the price, it kind of reminds me of the cheap UTG A2 stocks. A buddy bought one at a fun show. It's pretty cheap compared to a higher quality A2 stock. Black in color instead of the grey finish, and has a very "plasticky" look and feel.

Just my preference, but I like the look and feel of a traditional A2 stock. I've always applied a very light coat of CLP or other light lubricant to the exterior of my A2's when I get them. It darkens and evens the grey finish out, and in my experience, keeps them from showing wear as easily as they normally would.

As a side note, after seeing a my A2's, he didn't keep the cheapie stock long before selling it and buying a spare used BCM A2 kit I had in the parts bin.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Are building both an A1 and an A2 stocks series?

The A1 just need the short screw and the A1 buttstock. You can use the same buffer tube either.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tony's Customs.

https://www.tonyscustomsllc.com/product-category/parts-components/buttstocks-components/
View Quote
Can you vouch for the quality of these?

https://www.tonyscustomsllc.com/product/a2-buttstock-complete-green/
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Are building both an A1 and an A2 stocks series?

The A1 just need the short screw and the A1 buttstock. You can use the same buffer tube either.
View Quote
I'm actually just interested in a good second source for quality parts for A2 and A1 stocks.  I don't have a build going but I do have a couple lowers laying around, so you know what that means...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#8]
delete
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I didn't post the link to them, but I do see these guys at a lot of the PA and VA fun shows. Some of their stuff looks like good quality, and some not so much. They usually have racks full of uppers for sale and most of the components used to assemble them seem to be no name parts.

I can't say anything bad about their small parts, though. I've purchased some little stuff from them without issue. Lower parts, etc.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:21:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I usually get my A2 stock parts from either White Oak or PK.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I usually get my A2 stock parts from either White Oak or PK.
View Quote
White Oak is definitely going to be good quality.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:25:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Fulton Armory a2 buttstock kit

They also have a1 kits.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:53:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fulton Armory a2 buttstock kit

They also have a1 kits.  
View Quote
I own one of these A1 kit.. I like it a lot, but I'd wish the ButtPlate was a lot softer or smoother lmao.. other than that it's good.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've ordered their CAR stocks and have a black A2 from them that seems just as good as any other A2 I've used.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've ordered their CAR stocks and have a black A2 from them that seems just as good as any other A2 I've used.
View Quote
Thanks!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top