Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2017 1:55:02 PM EDT
http://www.wcarmory.com/toolcraft-bcg-223-5-56-bolt-carrier-group-black-1b1b6-c-158-mpi-complete.htm

Are these the real deal? Any experience?

From the specs, they look on par with a Colt/BCM/DD BCG.

If so, why are these $90 less?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Toolcraft is good to go.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#2]
No problem with them at all, in fact they make bolts and carriers for a few different companies.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#3]
They are GTG. As mentioned, they make BCGs for many other companies. With the price of Toolcraft, I don't know why anyone buys anything else.

Monmouth Reloading also has good prices on Toolcraft BCGs.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are GTG. As mentioned, they make BCGs for many other companies. With the price of Toolcraft, I don't know why anyone buys anything else.

Monmouth Reloading also has good prices on Toolcraft BCGs.
View Quote
yep, i just bought 2 of them from monmounth. they shipped it the next day.

havent used them uet but the toolcraft BCG's appeared to be high quality.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Good stuff. I have 2 spares from WC!
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:01:49 PM EDT
[#6]
they're the real deal. the ones from that link or monmouth reloading are my go to bolts. Trust in toolcraft
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Toolcraft makes Replacement BCG for the Govt so they are good to go
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Did anyone notice that Delta Team Tactical ad that has Toolcraft nitride BCG's for $38.99?  That price made no sense, and I never ordered from this outfit due to comments on the site.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did anyone notice that Delta Team Tactical ad that has Toolcraft nitride BCG's for $38.99?  That price made no sense, and I never ordered from this outfit due to comments on the site.
View Quote
I believe it's just the carrier.  Does not include the bolt, despite mentioning 9310.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I believe it's just the carrier.  Does not include the bolt, despite mentioning 9310.
View Quote
The linked part at WC Armory is a complete BCG with a Carpenter 158 steel bolt.

Toolcraft is a supplier of carriers to any number of major players.  They do not make bolts, but they source bolts from the best.  That $90 BCG is a great buy.  And it only costs $90 because, as others have said, it doesn't have a fancy brand label on it.

I've worked with Bill (the owner of WC Armory) many times.  He is an honest dealer.  Those BCGs are not only "to military specs," they are marked with Toolcraft's CAGE Code (1B1B6).  They are indeed "the real deal."
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The linked part at WC Armory is a complete BCG with a Carpenter 158 steel bolt.

Toolcraft is a supplier of carriers to any number of major players.  They do not make bolts, but they source bolts from the best.  That $90 BCG is a great buy.  And it only costs $90 because, as others have said, it doesn't have a fancy brand label on it.

I've worked with Bill (the owner of WC Armory) many times.  He is an honest dealer.  Those BCGs are not only "to military specs," they are marked with Toolcraft's CAGE Code (1B1B6).  They are indeed "the real deal."
View Quote
That is good to know. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 6:06:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 6:55:05 PM EDT
[#14]
They are full milspec and are GTG. I use them in my FA AR.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM DTT.

Google is your friend. Buyer beware.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM DTT.

Google is your friend. Buyer beware.
Toolcraft is GTG. As far as Delta Team Tactical goes, I would not trust them. A few years ago during one of the panics, I purchased a barrel from them that was advertised as CHF. I have good reason to believe that it WAS NOT hammer forged. As stated, Google their reviews here and elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:09:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Toolcraft is Gtg

I got mine through cryptic coating, went with the black nitrate and it's been great.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Toolcraft is good.

They're $90 less because those brand names think we're idiots that will pay $90 for a bag to say a company name on them.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:05:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Lots of experience.  5+ TC BCGs from WCarmory.

Great bolts.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:24:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Great company, great people, great quality. Craig
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:31:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I have several TC BCGs and they are excellent quality. Also, for anyone curious how their NiB compares to the (in some cases, ridiculously) expensive brands: I have a TC in NiB that I got from Monmouth, and it's every bit as good as my WMD in quality of finish (the quality of the BCG itself goes without saying). Toolcraft is pretty much the only BCG I purchase now. I doubt I'll ever buy a different brand unless it just happens to come with a complete rifle/upper. When my Colt and various other brands of BCGs need replacing, it'll be with a TC as well.

Just FYI, Monmouth has nitride finished TC BCGs for $79.

http://www.monmouthreloading.com/shop/ar15-toolcraft-black-nitride-bcg/

ETA: Just to add to the above post, they have fantastic customer service (far better than most in the gun industry). It was actually their customer service that convinced me to try TC in the first place. I had quite a few questions before deciding to purchase from them, and after their friendly and thorough response I was sold on TC being a company I wanted to do business with. I've never had them fail to respond quickly and politely to any issue or question.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:33:13 PM EDT
[#21]
some of the higher cost associated with stuff like BCM is also the fact that you have to pay for the manpower to have each bolt and BCG individually inspected vs. batch tested. I know people who REFUSE to buy a bolt that's not individually tested in QC because "their life depends on it". Personally, Toolcraft is good to go and I have multiple of the one from the OP as well as multiple of the nitride BCG's from Monmouth reloading
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:29:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Toolcraft is good to go.  As mentioned, they do supply replacements to the US military.  I bought one (from wcarmory.com) of their parkerized ones with their CAGE code on it.  It looks as good as my Colt ones and better than my PSA "premium" BCG.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:47:13 AM EDT
[#23]
What barrels are you guys using? Any fit/spacing issues with the Tool Craft BCGs?  I'm debating using their Melonite finished BCG vs dropping the $$$ on Cryptic Mystic Black version.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What barrels are you guys using? Any fit/spacing issues with the Tool Craft BCGs?  I'm debating using their Melonite finished BCG vs dropping the $$ on Cryptic Mystic Black version.
View Quote
No. Just buy one.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#25]
I had one of those. Just as good as a Colt BCG.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:02:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Very helpful. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:05:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What barrels are you guys using? Any fit/spacing issues with the Tool Craft BCGs?  I'm debating using their Melonite finished BCG vs dropping the $$ on Cryptic Mystic Black version.
View Quote
Mines mated up with a LaRue 12" stealth
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Check the sigline
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:13:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
some of the higher cost associated with stuff like BCM is also the fact that you have to pay for the manpower to have each bolt and BCG individually inspected vs. batch tested. I know people who REFUSE to buy a bolt that's not individually tested in QC because "their life depends on it". Personally, Toolcraft is good to go and I have multiple of the one from the OP as well as multiple of the nitride BCG's from Monmouth reloading
View Quote
Toolcraft BCGs are also individually tested just like BCMs. There's absolutely no point in buying a higher priced BCG.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#31]
If you want HPT/MPI on individual bolt cryptic coatings is one of the only places I have seen that has the HPT for the Toolcraft bolts.  They are usually always MPI.  They run $110 for nitride or phosphate i believe
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Toolcraft BCGs are also individually tested just like BCMs. There's absolutely no point in buying a higher priced BCG.
View Quote
I thought they were batch tested?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#33]
The ones from WC Armory use a MIM or cast extractor.  One of mine had a imperfection/hump that had to be filed down.  No issues other than that.

The machening and finish on them is nice.  No excess tool marks and no sharp edges.

I would probably buy a better machined extractor for use in a 'serious use' gun.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Aren't the PSA Premium BCG's made by Toolcraft?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Aren't the PSA Premium BCG's made by Toolcraft?
View Quote
supposedly, but I've seen no confirmation
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I would probably buy a better machined extractor for use in a 'serious use' gun.
View Quote
Do you have a recommended extractor?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't go wrong with BCM's extractor kit.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Cryptic Coatings Toolcraft BCG uses a Tool Steel Extractor with viton o-ring so you wouldnt have to change anything out.  Also 158 bolt that is HPT/MPI.  They are a little more than other places at $110, but probably the best overall option IMO.  I have ordered fro wc armory and never had an issue with theirs either
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The ones from WC Armory use a MIM or cast extractor.  One of mine had a imperfection/hump that had to be filed down.  No issues other than that.

The machening and finish on them is nice.  No excess tool marks and no sharp edges.

View Quote
Keep in mind that Toolcraft manufactures ONLY the carrier, and they source their bolts from bolt manufacturers.  I think that, given the excellent price from WC Armory, swapping out an extractor isn't a big issue.  I like to have a few extractors sitting around as spares anyway.

The only reason I haven't bought another of these BCGs is that the last time I hade a "spare BCG" sitting around, it grew an upper around it...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:58:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Anybody had any luck sourcing Toolcraft rebuild,spare parts for their 308 Bolts ?

WCarmory said "no dice" last time i talked to them about getting extractors ,extractor springs etc for the 308 models.

And since it seems all the brands are different with regards to 308 bolts that this might be a problem.

(btw ,i have 2 x308 TC bcg's ,and half a dozen 556 TC bcg's from them)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top