Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/23/2017 1:46:10 AM EDT
Anybody recommend one that fits, or do they all fit?

I notice the Brownell's ad says theirs isn't to be used with billet uppers.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:58:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Receiver blocks are a bad idea anyways. No, blocks meant for mil spec forged uppers won't fit any odd shaped billets. Just use barrel blocks.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:07:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Receiver blocks are a bad idea anyways. No, blocks meant for mil spec forged uppers won't fit any odd shaped billets. Just use barrel blocks.
View Quote
OK, that makes sense...except what about the barrel contour?  Doesn't the barrel contour have to mate with the blocks perfectly?

Would a reaction rod be superior to both or is there a downside to that?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:32:53 AM EDT
[#3]
A lot of people will say a reaction rod is the best. Blocks work though. I've used my aluminum blocks on barrels that were slightly larger than the profile of the block, only the edges touched, it still worked.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top