Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/18/2017 11:35:30 AM EDT
Title says it's all. Besides the obvious ones like PSA and Daytona tactical where do y'all go to look for good deals? I'm kicking around the idea of a 308 ar and I'd like some more 300 blackout and 556 ammo so I'm just looking for some more good reputable websites to watch for deals.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#1]
All my ammo comes from SGAmmo.

For parts, I usually browse all the site sponsors.  Aim, Primary Arms, Right to Bear and Schuyler seem to get most of my money.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I mostly buy Colt parts so I don't have many options.

Brownells, Specialized Armament and very few others.

I have been buying ammo from SGAmmo more recently.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Title says it's all. Besides the obvious ones like PSA and Daytona tactical where do y'all go to look for good deals? I'm kicking around the idea of a 308 ar and I'd like some more 300 blackout and 556 ammo so I'm just looking for some more good reputable websites to watch for deals.
View Quote

Never heard of Daytona Tactical, but I do go right to SGAmmo for all my ammo needs.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#4]
For ammo in order of preference:
SGAmmo
Firequest
The Armory

Parts in order of preference:
Right to Bear
Joe Bob's

Others:
Green Mountain Barrels
Faxon (best priced via Right to Bear)
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I generally go with who has the best prices, but another determining factor for me is the website's usability. IMO, it's inexcusable to have an online store that is difficult to navigate, or doesn't let me know when an item is out of stock. For a car part just a day ago, I spent an extra $20 at one website because the cheaper one didn't let me know it was out of stock (thank goodness I had another question for their CS).

For parts and gear:

JoeBobOutfitters
MidwayUSA
PrimaryArms
SKD Tactical

For ammo:

Currently I've just been using Stand1Armory because they're local so I don't have to deal with any shipping, but I may start looking elsewhere for better pricing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Ammo: Freedommunitions

308 AR: Aero Precision

AR15:
Barrels/BCG: Faxon
Parts: Aero Precision, BCM, Larue, Geissele, Aim Surplus
Optics: Optics Planet
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All my ammo comes from SGAmmo.

For parts, I usually browse all the site sponsors.  Aim, Primary Arms, Right to Bear and Schuyler seem to get most of my money.
View Quote
This...I was a long-time Ammoman.com fan-boy, but SGAmmo has much better prices and faster delivery times.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Some friends and I have used Target Sports for ammo in the last year or so and have been happy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#9]
For Ammo SG gets almost all my business.  Every once in awhile PSA beats them.  For example: they had 75gr .223 Speer GDHPs for $.50/rd last year at least once.  I went crazy and bought 4K at that price.  But usually I stick to SG.  

For parts I usually stick to the bigger sites that I have used in the past who have reasonable shipping.  Primary Arms, Joebob, Brownells...etc.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#10]
For ammo I usually go to SG Ammo but I've bought quite a bit from PSA, Cabelas and Primary Arms when they were running sales.

For Parts I go to PSA, Primary Arms and White Oak Armament.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Aero Precision

Optics Planet and EE for parts
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:28:15 PM EDT
[#12]
For ammo, i buy exclusively from SGAmmo.

For parts i usually buy from right to bear
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:35:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Lowers/Uppers:  Aero Precision

Parts:  Brownells, Midway, Aero, Rainier, BCM, LaRue, ALG, Geissele... Etc.  When I shop, I surf for the best deals and free shipping.

Magazines:  GunMag Warehouse.

Ammunition:  SGA & Ammunition Depot.

3rd Gen S&W:  Numrich

Everything is saved on my iPad; I can order stuff in my sleep.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:03:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Ammo-
SGAmmo

Parts-
MidwayUSA (Their return policy is stellar!)
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:24:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Aimsurplus and DSG are nice
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:30:12 AM EDT
[#16]
This isn't tech.

Ammo mostly form SG Ammo

Buy most of my LMT stuff through Tombstone Tactical. What isn't in stock, they order. Great prices too.

Otherwise, assorted.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#18]
If you know what ammo you're looking for, ammoseek.com does the comparison shopping for you.
Also nice for finding components if you're into handloading.

As for parts, there are innumerable opinions as to what's a "good deal" (cheapest parts, or best quality, or best price at a given quality level?)  There again, I try to know specifically what I'm shopping for, then do a websearch for the best price available.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:44:00 AM EDT
[#19]
I shop around, plenty of places to buy.  I will not buy from companies that dont sell legal parts to nj, cal, etc.  They only help bthe antis, why give them business????
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:59:18 PM EDT
[#20]
PSA for sure. I buy ammo, mags, AR parts from there a lot.
Midway USA
Primary Arms
Ammo Seek for ammo.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:44:27 PM EDT
[#21]
-SGAmmo
-Primary Arms
-DSG Arms
-Exile Machine (they'll typically have some of the lowest "non-sale" prices you'll find anywhere)
-PSA
-Rainier Arms occasionally
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:47:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I shop around, plenty of places to buy.  I will not buy from companies that dont sell legal parts to nj, cal, etc.  They only help bthe antis, why give them business????
View Quote
I will never hold it against somebody for protecting themselves from potential legal/civil repercussions.

A few companies have been sued by CA cities for selling "legal" parts (IIRC, 44MAG was one of them).

Fuck that noise and fuck dealing with those states.  I won't ship anything I sell in the EE to any of those places either.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:55:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Ammo: Get a membership at Sportsman Guide and have all your ammo shipped for free. Very handy when trying different ammo for your precision gun.

Parts: I've spent a lot of money at DSG, if you're LEO. Favorite place to get BCG is AIM Surplus or APOC. Upper/Lower/LPK/Other Stuff usually from Right to Bear Arms or Schuyler Arms.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:25:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Rainier Arms in my goto LGS. Great service and great products! I also use Primary Arms, Joe Bob's, PSA, Brownell's and Lambro's armory for parts.

Ammo is usually from Target Sports USA, sometimes PSA.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:10:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Aero, Anderson, and LMT
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:30:19 AM EDT
[#26]
I wish I had some super secret place, with dirt cheap prices and all to share with you guys, but I don't. I just go with a lot of the more well known places that everyone else likes and have never had any problems.

I probably buy more parts/gear from Primary Arms, PSA, and Aim Surplus than anywhere else I shop combined when doing the on-line thing.

I try to buy my ammo and reloading supplies local and on sale, as I am not a big buyer of bulk, nor a high volume shooter to warrant it. It makes more sense for me to run into the LGS or Walmart every pay day or so and grab a few cheap boxes of ammo. I have done this for a long time now,  and before too long I had a nice ammo fort, and it was done $10- $20 at a time.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Y'all
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top