Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2017 9:09:33 AM EDT
Anyone using these? Put one in for a friend and it feels smoother than any other trigger I've seen, not that that's a lot. Looking at the innards I noticed how different it looked. Their website explains how they function.
Just wondered how many people are using them and their opinion of them.

TriggerTech
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:16:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a flat face triggertech in my build. Everything is as advertised. Does not have any grittiness during the pull. Of course, the overused phrase "breaks like glass" is applicable here. Smooth, clean and short reset is there too. I just wish they make the trigger shoe black. Other than that, I am very satisfied.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:33:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a flat face triggertech in my build. Everything is as advertised. Does not have any grittiness during the pull. Of course, the overused phrase "breaks like glass" is applicable here. Smooth, clean and short reset is there too. I just wish they make the trigger shoe black. Other than that, I am very satisfied.
View Quote
Their website shows curved and flat trigger available in PVD finish. . close to black. .

thanks for the input
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
May not have been when you purchased, but it is currently offered in black.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Never heard of them.   Just from looking at their website they seem to have the two stage trigger concept completely backward.  On a semi-auto rifle that may be used for combat or self-defense or other high stress situations, but also with a precision capability, you want the first stage to be heavier than the second stage, and have the total pull through of between 4.5 pounds and 3.5 pounds.

Geissele's AR triggers are the gold standard in the eyes of most.  The SSA has a 2.5 pound first stage and a 2.0 pound second stage.  It is their general purpose trigger.   Larue makes one very similar.  Geissele's SSA-E (enhanced) trigger is 2.3 pounds for the first stage and 1.2 pounds for the second for a total pull through of 3.5 pounds.  These triggers intentionally have a long take up for the first stage to prevent negligent discharge under stress, and a light, but very crisp second stage.

Geissele also makes a significant number of other styles for various purposes, some of which are adjustable and some not.

There are other good companies making AR specific triggers.  I'm not critical of them.  I just don't know anything about the company you mention.  I do question having the first stage lighter than the second.

Do you have any affiliation with that company?  How long have they been in business?  How long have they been making triggers for AR rifles or other rifles that have to be used in combat, law enforcement or serious duty?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:45:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Trigger Tech in my AR-15 and the damned thing is fantastic. While almost anything is an improvement over the standard AR trigger I was quite impressed by the break -- quite like glass.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:54:46 AM EDT
[#6]
The first stage is a very short pull, your right it's not like a traditional 2 stage really. And no I don't have any affiliation, just wondered what other people thought of something I found new and different. But I did notice they have a model designed in conjunction with Viking tactical and I believe they are installed in all Christensen Arms rifles.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top