Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2017 6:58:29 PM EDT
Posted in my other thread about budget ARs but this might deserve its own thread

Around 2011 (I think)  I built an AR for a coworker who wanted an m16 style rifle so I picked out the parts for him a spikes lower Dd lpk stag a2 stock and a bcm 20in upper with bcm bcg and magpul handguards. Rifle has about 500 rounds he wasn't a high volume shooter. Just wanted one.

Last November he and his wife got tboned on their motorcycle cycle and now needs cash. He is offering to sell it to me for 800 which I'm willing to pay.  

I'm wondering what would a complete 20in bcm upper be worth. I'd like to strip it down to the lower and build a complete spikes mid-length rifle

Upper has a bcm carry handle, charging handle, bcg, black magpul handguards.  With obviously the rest all bcm.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
As a complete upper with the bcg, etc., I'd say around  $550 as long as the round count is low.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:20:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As a complete upper with the bcg, etc., I'd say around  $550 as long as the round count is low.
View Quote
Used uppers are hard to sell on the EE. I think I got $500 after a few months for my 20" bcm, and it was mint.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I've bought a couple 20" BCM uppers off the EE. I don't think used uppers are hard to sell as much as used 20" uppers are hard to sell. The market for 20" uppers isn't the greatest, even less for a used 20" upper.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#4]
not a great time for re-sale....
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Ya I have no use for a 20in  Id like the to help the guy out but I need to be able to sell it off to get what I want
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ya I have no use for a 20in  Id like the to help the guy out but I need to be able to sell it off to get what I want
View Quote
See if he'll sell you the complete lower and let him get rid of the upper here on the EE. If this was a week ago I would've taken that upper off your hands in a second.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#7]
With that round count, I wouldn't give $500 if I were in the market.

Maybe start at that, but expect it to go $450-$475 IMO.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#8]
$350 used barreled upper, $130 used .BCG, $40 used gunfighter CH, $80 used Carry handle.

Should be able to get $600 shipped.

PM me if you will take $450. I would buy it now

Aim has great prices on Spikes uppers right now. Use their coupon code.

$430 shipped for a complete Spikes upper. Oh yeah!
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#9]
This is not the "price is right" forum.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top