Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/30/2016 1:55:05 PM EDT
This gun is a custom build that I bought some time ago- I love the trigger and want to get another for an upcoming build.  Problem is, I don't have a clue what it is.  I've had the whole group out and it doesn't have any marks or logos present. It's an excellent trigger and I prefer it over any other high end triggers I've tried to date.

Please take a look and see if you recognize it, I can snag a few more pics if needed.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting! Looks diy maybe? Gives me ideas, I wonder how much it weighs?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a standard milspec trigger that was worked and had a few holes drilled in it. I bet it is a diy like the other post suggested.

Edit. It has set screw adjustment so not a standard milspec . I am now curious myself.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]
It looks like a JP, but I'm not sure if they ever made them with the holes drilled in the trigger and disco like that.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#4]
It does look like a JP, especially the adjustment system- but as mentioned above I've never seen a JP with the lightening holes drilled in the disconnector or the trigger- also worth mentioning- the springs are light and definitely not mil-spec.

And yes, the thought of a DIY Job crossed my mind, but the trigger is different altogether, the machining is crisp symmetrically accurate (mic'd it). Also, the hammer is anno'd on the non interface surfaces- not typical of a DIY job.

Any other thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:38:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Could the salient arms logo in the anodizing on the lower receiver underneath the "5.56" have anything to do with it?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:35:17 AM EDT
[#6]
This AR was "Tier'd" by salient, but I don't believe they did triggers at the time this gun was sent into them; but it's still a possibility I haven't ruled out- I was just hoping someone on here would recognize it as an aftermarket trigger right away.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Bump- any more suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Willing to bet it's a JP fire control group with the speed hammer, Looks just like mine minus the holes.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Willing to bet it's a JP fire control group with the speed hammer, Looks just like mine minus the holes.
View Quote

The hammer is too wide to be a JP but the trigger adjustment screw does look like theirs.  never seen lightening holes drilled in JP parts by the factory.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top