Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/19/2016 11:31:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:34:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Mid length with a CMR rail? Hell yeah I want one.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:41:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The Colt Combat UnitTM carbine (SKU – LE6960-CCU) has an MSRP of $1,299 and is available exclusively from TALO Distributors.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Although my personal all time favorite Colt AR's are the 6921 and 6933, I wouldn't mind adding one of these to the collection. Glad Colt has finally caught up with the times and pricing isn't bad either.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:18:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Good, now no one has anything to bitch about regarding Colt not giving consumers what they ask for.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:19:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:10:08 AM EDT
[#6]
LW barrel...may commit...
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 6:16:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Colt Combat UnitTM carbine (SKU – LE6960-CCU) has an MSRP of $1,299 and is available exclusively from TALO Distributors.
View Quote

This is good to hear but it means my dealer will be charging $1700
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:22:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Delicious
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:47:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I like.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Better late than never, I guess.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:02:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Good, now no one has anything to bitch about regarding Colt not giving consumers what they ask for.
View Quote

Well, yes, if they also have addressed the indifferent fit and finish issues to get in line with the competition.  They can do better with finish detail and assembly but just don't seem to care.  Still have that government contractor "good enough for government work" lowest bidder mentality.  FN is doing both gov't production and civilian market and has much better fit and finish.  Colt could if they wanted.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:23:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well, yes, if they also have addressed the indifferent fit and finish issues to get in line with the competition.  They can do better with finish detail and assembly but just don't seem to care.  Still have that government contractor "good enough for government work" lowest bidder mentality.  FN is doing both gov't production and civilian market and has much better fit and finish.  Colt could if they wanted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of us really don't care.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:39:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. They are only 10 years behind everyone else, in more ways that one.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't necessarily blame them. I think that they know that the Colt name appeals to traditionalists.   AR fads come and go fast.  Remember when monolithic uppers were the hotness?  Colt came out with the 6940 in relatively short order.... and it didn't sell worth a darn.

A lightweight midlength barrel will appeal to the same crowd that likes the 6720.... and those have sold well.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:40:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Yawn, Colts Glock 43.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Awesome!
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Give me a 15" rail option. Looks very attractive.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I was really hoping for a tapered barrel. Not a fan of the straight pencil profile.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I was really hoping for a tapered barrel. Not a fan of the straight pencil profile.
View Quote
Well, guess I was wrong.

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:10:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Too expensive for what you get.  For that kind of price, it'd have to come with a Geissele trigger or something comparable.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Meh!  I can build that for $850  
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Mid length with a CMR rail? Hell yeah I want one.
View Quote

Yes me too...
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd be interested if they can bring it with a street price around $1K.
Or offer an OEM1for ~$850 :)
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Built my last rifle with a Larue barrel, Noveske BCG, Geissele SD-E, and SMOS rail for $900.  This Colt at $1300 is a bit expensive, and I can build better for cheaper.

Quoted:

Nope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Built my last rifle with a Larue barrel, Noveske BCG, Geissele SD-E, and SMOS rail for $900.  This Colt at $1300 is a bit expensive, and I can build better for cheaper.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.

Between the BCG and trigger alone you're at half of your claimed $900 build total. I'm skeptical unless you got some stuff used or for free.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

Okay. But you're not building that rifle. Better? Sounds like it. But not that rifle.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Tomac...paging Tomac

Pencil Middy FTW
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#30]
NYPD ESUs new colts look pretty similar.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:40:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

Don't confuse MSRP with street price.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Between the BCG and trigger alone you're at half of your claimed $900 build total. I'm skeptical unless you got some stuff used or for free.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

He may have been a tad low, but I think his general point is valid. I have this sitting in my "to do" pile right now...

Larue Stealth barrel - $225
BCM BCG - $159
Aero matched upper/lower receiver - $170
PSA Moe lower build kit - $124
Geissele G2S  - $130

That puts me right around $800 with just a CH, gas block, gas tube, and handguard needed to complete the build. I sold the stock trigger from the PSA kit for $25, so even with a $200 handguard, I'm sitting around $1K on the nose. I would have to see this new Colt (in today's market) right at $1k to give it a sniff. Too much value elsewhere in the market right now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#33]
BCG was on sale for $130.  Trigger was on sale for $175.  SMOS rail was $150.  Larue barrel was $200.  That's $655 and leaves $245 for the small parts and receivers (Aero Precision matched set was on sale for $120 shipped).  Always buy on sale.  I'm not exaggerating when I say I built that rifle under $900.  And it is a better rifle than that Colt.  I could build the equivalent of that Colt for under $900 easily.  At $1300, that rifle is insanely overpriced.  And being a Talo exclusive, it won't go for much under MSRP.

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#34]
So if I catch every sale over the course of six months I can spend the time to build a rifle with parts from six different manufacturers that should be about as good as the factory Colt for a couple hundred bucks less than what Colt's asking for retail. Great. So what?

Glad Colt put this together, looks like a great product at a very reasonable price point.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Lol.....yeah, that Colt is definitely better and worth more than my Larue barreled premium build with a Geissele trigger and Noveske BCG.  Sorry, but no.  You're paying for the stamp on the side of that Colt.  If that's worth it to you, go for it.  But for $1300, you can have SO much more.  That Colt is aggressively overpriced.  They essentially took a $900 6720, threw on a $150 Centurion rail (they are that cheap at Lanbos, and Colt is likely buying in bulk for way cheaper than that), drilled the gas port at the middie position, and slapped some magpul stuff on there, and jacked the price up $400.  Nope for me.  This thing should be under $1k easily.

Quoted:
So if I catch every sale over the course of six months I can spend the time to build a rifle with parts from six different manufacturers that should be about as good as the factory Colt for a couple hundred bucks less than what Colt's asking for retail. Great. So what?

Glad Colt put this together, looks like a great product at a very reasonable price point.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 3:56:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Lol.....yeah, that Colt is definitely better and worth more than my Larue barreled premium build with a Geissele trigger and Noveske BCG.  Sorry, but no.  You're paying for the stamp on the side of that Colt.  If that's worth it to you, go for it.  But for $1300, you can have SO much more.  That Colt is aggressively overpriced.  They essentially took a $900 6720, threw on a $150 Centurion rail (they are that cheap at Lanbos, and Colt is likely buying in bulk for way cheaper than that), drilled the gas port at the middie position, and slapped some magpul stuff on there, and jacked the price up $400.  Nope for me.  This thing should be under $1k easily.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If it's not your cup of tea, don't buy it.

Haters gonna hate.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Not a hater.  I'd buy if it was priced appropriately.  Fan boys gonna fan.

Quoted:

Haters gonna hate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Haters gonna hate.

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Haters gonna hate.

Daniel Defense - 1599
https://danieldefense.com/firearms/daniel-defense-m4-carbine-v7tm-lw.html

BCM - 1499
http://shop.bravocompanymfg.com/BCM-RECCE-16-Carbine-AR15-QRF-p/bcm-carbine-750-140.htm

POF - 1499
http://pof-usa.com/the-renegade

CMMG - 1399
https://www.cmmginc.com/shop/rifle-mk4-d-5-56mm-2

Yea the colt is so overpriced! what were they thinking!

Joking aside this is awesome and better late than never!

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think the 15" is about perfect as well, now I just need to swap stock and grip for a Colt clone!

Industry Partner status currently revoked because someone complained to staff that I wasn't enough of a company rep by posting too much in other forums and not just in the Rainier Arms section.....

Stick

[email protected]
www.rainierarms.com
(253) 218-2999 Office
(253) 218-2998 FAX

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#40]
overpriced but looks decent.

BCM has had a similar offering for years.

not really hard to build out something equal, but at least they're trying to keep up with the times
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#41]
MSRP is irrelevant across the board. At least to those that know what they're doing.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

BCG was on sale for $130.  Trigger was on sale for $175.  SMOS rail was $150.  Larue barrel was $200.  That's $655 and leaves $245 for the small parts and receivers (Aero Precision matched set was on sale for $120 shipped).  Always buy on sale.  I'm not exaggerating when I say I built that rifle under $900.  And it is a better rifle than that Colt.  I could build the equivalent of that Colt for under $900 easily.  At $1300, that rifle is insanely overpriced.  And being a Talo exclusive, it won't go for much under MSRP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.

Salad days I guess.

Remember the federal excise tax on firearms as well. That's 11%.

This is priced accordingly with other factory guns with similar components.

Edit: thanks for the tip on the CMR at Lanbos. I'm in need of one and that price is very good.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I think the 15" is about perfect as well, now I just need to swap stock and grip for a Colt clone!

Industry Partner status currently revoked because someone complained to staff that I wasn't enough of a company rep by posting too much in other forums and not just in the Rainier Arms section.....

http://65.media.tumblr.com/aa5c3bda373381e3f6efd3928e0f2182/tumblr_ofa3flwsvN1rrcg2fo1_1280.jpg

Stick

[email protected]
www.rainierarms.com
(253) 218-2999 Office
(253) 218-2998 FAX

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://65.media.tumblr.com/aa5c3bda373381e3f6efd3928e0f2182/tumblr_ofa3flwsvN1rrcg2fo1_1280.jpg

Stick

[email protected]
www.rainierarms.com
(253) 218-2999 Office
(253) 218-2998 FAX

they're mad you have a large presence?  That blows, I always enjoy the pics
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stick

[email protected]

www.rainierarms.com

(253) 218-2999 Office

(253) 218-2998 FAX

That's pretty damn lame of them. But not surprising.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stick

[email protected]
www.rainierarms.com
(253) 218-2999 Office
(253) 218-2998 FAX

I think a lot of people can guess where the complaint came from.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stick

[email protected]
www.rainierarms.com
(253) 218-2999 Office
(253) 218-2998 FAX

Nothing legit about it, it was pulled without even asking RA, which told me all I needed to know....  

Stick

[email protected]
www.rainierarms.com
(253) 218-2999 Office
(253) 218-2998 FAX

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Is it an Armalite mid length?

I'd like to see the barrel profile.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:10:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Seems like that Centurion for $150 is the best deal going right now since SMOS jacked their prices up.  I like my Centurion a lot.

As for factory prices on this level of gun, I'd take the BCM or DD offerings in this price range over the Colt.  Their QC and general fit/finish are better from the ones I've handled.

But that's just me.  We're all adults and can spend our money however we want.  If the Colt does it for you, have at it.  It'll throw lead down range, and that's what it's all about.

Quoted:
]Salad days I guess.

Remember the federal excise tax on firearms as well. That's 11%.

This is priced accordingly with other factory guns with similar components.

Edit: thanks for the tip on the CMR at Lanbos. I'm in need of one and that price is very good.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

MSRP is irrelevant across the board. At least to those that know what they're doing.
View Quote
Please enlighten me how to score one of these for considerably less.

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, if it were actually out, I'm guessing some online shop or GB vendor would have it for under MSRP.

I was more stating that in response to the member who posted MSRP prices of other rifles in comparison though. DD rifles in particular can regularly be found on sale for $300 and $400 below MSRP. You can also buy a BCM lower from a handful of different vendors, and then whichever BCM upper most fits your fancy, and then also have a complete BCM mid for several hundred below that MSRP as well.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top